Opinions about our Head Coach

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Metatarsal, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Everybody is entitled to theirs, and nobody should be beyond criticism, but according the guy (Barnsley fan) who crossed the path of me and my mate on the way back to the car after today's game, Hecky is "....a complete f#@£ing idiot.....can't take us any further.....probably time for him to f#@k off now".

I'm still scratching my head.

2. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If he'd said it about someone else I might have agreed.

Metatarsal likes this.
  3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

We were on about this kind of thing driving down today. Some people are just never satisfied. They won't allow themselves to be happy.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

YTBFC and Metatarsal like this.
  4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I honestly don't know what some people want. Hecky is doing the very best job possible with the players he has. We've had some **** managers in recent years, Hecky is definitely not one of them.

fitzytyke2 and Metatarsal like this.
  5. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are many things I want to improve.

The manager is not one of them.

6. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As long as there are mentalists like the one mentioned at the start of this thread, all is right with the world. Takes a bit of craziness to convince yourself you're sane.

I've said it before, Paul Heckingbottom is the one asset we must not lose.

Trouble being that I think in due course we will - and it will be with our best wishes as he takes on a top job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the way down from the ground earlier this season, this older fella was lecturing me and my dad on how Heckingbottom has been lucky and it will run out and that Bobby Hassell should be appointed instead.

8. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think 2000+ supporters showed what they think of our head coach and team by giving them a standing ovation at full time yesterday.

Metatarsal likes this.
  9. Tyk

Tyke pigeon Banned Idiot

Can't knock hecky its the bourd that's taken us as far as we can go we just need to accept from now on were going to be a yo yo club between league 1 and championship

10. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed. Hecky has delivered a minor miracle given the circumstances as they have panned out this season.

Metatarsal likes this.
  11. Bre

BreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure that our falling short of the play-offs is anything to do with Hecky, who has proved his ability to take players from the lower leagues and to add value to them which was the remit he was given by the Board. Clubs like ours need managers/coaches like that because at this level we haven't got the cash to splash and the game is riddled with managers/coaches who don't have Hecky's abilities which is why Clubs who do splash the cash tend to have bloated squads because their, invariably, over paid 'failures' are hard to move on. I do question the way that the Club is being run off the field however and the ongoing lack of a CEO is worrying. With Patrick Cryne, by necessity, having to step back from his involvement with the Club and Maurice Watkins seeming to have a multitude of distractions the Club definitely needs a safe pair of hands to take over the day to day running of the Club off the pitch so that Hecky, quite rightly can concentrate on his own strengths. Others have commented on the general state of the stadium. Do you we need a Stadium manager who is divorced from the football club and can develop the potential of the stadium for the benefit of both the council tax payers of the borough and the Cryne family who hopefully would see that revenues from the stadium are pumped back in to the Club?

12. tik

tikey Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Splashing the cash by any club does not work in the majority of cases. Take Pogba's Miss at the end against 10 man Bournemouth he has not exactly pulled up any rugs up! Man City , Aston Villa etc etc the list goes on. Unearthing gems at bargain prices is a skill and needs a proper management structure hence Rotherham are now putting in place a scouting system realising that signing rejects and has been does not work - too late in their case. I am very happy with our Manager and the set up at Barnsley and very proud that we have a Club holding its own in the Championship. In Hecy we trust and don't mention Bristol City!

Brian Mahoneys Waist likes this.
  13. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those criticising the board need to be careful what they wish for. January was like a perfect storm: players playing well, into last 6 months of contracts, wanting to leave for bigger wages, big clubs offering decent money to the club. I'm sure they don't do everything perfectly but there is no-one I would rather have in charge of our club than Patrick Cryne: someone who knows what the fans want and does his very best. He may not be incredibly rich, but money can't buy success often, as Villa for example prove.

Sell the club and we could become a Charlton, Coventry or Leyton Orient and have terrible on-field results and be driven to near-extinction

14. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    When the exact opposite is probably true. Hecky will soon out grow us. He can't take us any further is probably a fair statement. But the reason being the club can't go any further.

15. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

16. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair to the guy with reasoning like that he could go on to become the next President of the USA :confused:

Metatarsal likes this.
  17. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Man City spending money hasn't worked? Wow.

You also mention Bournemouth- they spent their way to the Championship title on gates of less than 10,000. We could be the next Charlton or we could be the next Bournemouth. In the meantime we will just keep getting by and doing the minimum. We will just have to be grateful that a superb manager fell into our laps.