Pinnock, Lindsay and Davies

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Johnny the tyke, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Joh

Johnny the tyke Well-Known Member

Beer Baron
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would have wanted to keep all three. From relative unknowns when they arrived we have seen these lads develop, give their all and win promotion back to Championship!

All thrived in League one! But question is could they step up to the Championship. Pinnock and Lindsay are both good technical players, strong in the tackle, and good in the air. But my concern as a pairing in Championship was distinct lack of pace. In my view we priority was always to add to defence, ball playing CB with pace and it would always have been either/or scenario with Lindsay/Pinnock alongside the new player(s).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Ethan-Pinnock-commanding-lacks-bit-pace.html

As it happens, all players wanted to leave. We have cashed in on sales of Pinnock and Lindsay! Some argue we should have held out for more money. Rumour suggest we collected over £5m for the pair, with substantial sell on clauses. And we have been quick to bring in replacements with more to follow.

Consider Mads Anderson as replacement for Pinnock. He comes with lots of hype, and is younger, taller, chips in with a few goals, reportedly has pace, and a good ball player! I am happy with that!

And Lindsay and Jackson. We have already brought in Sibbick, and rumoured to be interested in Kerr, Maranda and Halme. All tall, pacey, ball playing defenders, young with bags of potential.

As for Davies a super shot stopper, but he has always had critics and has development areas (mainly distribution). A big loss, but replaced by not just one but two exciting NEW additions. A Giant Austrian and former youth international Sam Radlinger and Chelsea graduate Brad Collins who last year had rave reviews playing for Burton Albion on loan in league one where he secured 11 clean sheets.

All good business! When you take out the emotional aspect. We are building a quality Championship side! one that can compete and push up the table.

Connor, jedi one, gladius111 and 8 others like this.
  2. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Way too much sense here, knock it off.

BostonRed and Tykeored like this.
  3. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have to say after all the joke sales we've done over last few years this one tops them all. 3 million, to Brentford? a can't spek

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why?

5. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    3 million? may aswell keep him and let go on a free, absolute pittance

6. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Oh come now, it doesn't get close to Crynes admission that the derisory £3m we thought we'd got for Stones after signing a 4 year contract.... was actually just £2.25m because they didn't know if he was any good!

7. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    John Stones went to premier league with a massive % sell on, selling a player to Brentford makes no sense

8. Cap

Capital Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A mate who supports and is a season ticket holder at AFC Wimbledon, tells me that Toby Sibbick is a right back or right wing-back, and lacks quality in heading the ball, and so in no way is he a centre-back.

lannoy likes this.
  9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lindsay played regularly & looked decent in the championship. Pinnock & Jackson didn’t play much due to injury & the form of Roberts & Angus in Jackson’s first season but neither struggled much from what I saw.

I think the keeper, full backs, central midfield & up front (before January) were the main reasons we got relegated & central defence wasn’t much of a problem.

All guess work on the new lads. Doubt many of us have seen much of them & even if they turn out to be good signings it could well take several months or even a season for them to come good like many of the young players we’ve signed.

10. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    No, he went to a Premier league club for a very nominal fee given length of contract. Where we were lucky is that Man City delayed a year that saw his expected fee rise from approx. £20m to £50m. 20% of £30m is a significant drop. A base fee of £5m wouldn't have been out of order at all, we got less than half that.

11. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  12. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh mate...

I really wish that optimism would've been even slightly rewarded.

13. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are being sarcastic I dearly hope? As it stands we are effectively 9 points from safety in November ffs! Great business that, deary deary me....