PNE fans

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RichieD, Dec 16, 2020.

1. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like us, another club punching above the weight in terms of league position as set against financial clout. They are a fairly low-budget team, but not as low as us. You have to admire Neil for developing their youngsters into a good footballing side, but things are looking a bit more dodgy this time. However, they beat Bournemouth away and it has been their home form which looks shaky this season. We did well to beat them and, had they won, they would be looking up to the play-offs for sure. I think that, if they can get back some of their key players, they will come on again towards the second half of the season. Pearson has come on a lot for them and controls the midfield, as he always had the potential to do, but he is out injured at the moment - but then he is still getting booked for dissent too often. Some habits don't change.

I cannot think who they would get who would be better than Neil as a coach of good young talent. Stick with him, I say.

RedKen-dal and RichieD like this.
  2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They definitely appear to have gone backwards that's for sure, didn't recognise many for them - where was Peason?

3. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In Gainsborough recently there was an estate agent board advertising industrial land for sale.
    Their names on the board were Fisher, Germain and a.n. other.
    I so wanted to scrawl Bight over the last name.
    How the locals would have roared with laughter. (assuming they had any clue about it)

RedKen-dal and North Yorks Red like this.
  4. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Certainly not complaining with the results, but we are a good footballing side and when i see mads just launching it to nobody i just see it as a waste and gifting the opposistion possession thus inviting pressure, it was very noticable for the last 15/20 mins against wednesday, it was crying out for us to get the ball down and retain possession to take the sting out of the game...

5. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They could have gone 2 up just before half time, and that would probably have been game over.

Wouldn’t say Preston were slicker passers, it was a tight game of little quality, but I reckon we deserved to win for the quality of our goals - neither the result of hoof it football.

6. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unavailable. Injured or suspended.

7. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fans are fickle,the grass is always greener,well unless you are comparing it to their awful away strip

8. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That will be our fans in the none too distant future once we go on a losing run.

9. Did

Didcot Red Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is one reason no one has mentioned yet. Ridsdale. Those who logged in early enough on Tuesday would have seen him in the West Stand. What surprises me, given his track record, is that he is still allowed to be involved in any business let alone a football club!