Positives and Negatives

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jul 22, 2017.

1. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The back four + Davies did reasonably well overall. Yiadom is important.

In midfield, Mowatt and Moncur didn't impose themselves enough for my liking. Hammill was blowing like a drayhorse at certain points. Williams wasn't hugely impressive but it was very early days to be assessing him. Hopefully they will all improve with fitness but there is work to be done.

The strikers received very little service. Both Payne and Ugbo showed nice touches, but their impact was hindered by the lack of supply. Brown, when he came on looked a quality player in the making. I hope we have his contract sorted because he looked to me like he might ultimately be the next big money departure. Bradshaw looked a little trimmer but he still doesn't look like a "make it happen" sort of player.

Overall, as a team I thought we coped well with our bigger league neighbours. Okay, they rested a few, but these guys are surely trying to force their way into Wagner's thoughts? I can't imagine he'll be losing sleep agonising over them on today's showing.

I feel that Heckingbottom and Clapham can gell this squad into a unit that can at least achieve survival. But the striking options are desperately limited at present. Hopefully that will be addressed before 5 August.

Connor likes this.
  2. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Top report. Thanks.