Possible experienced striker

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyke1, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's hope that the Nick Blackman rumour is nonsense because he is truly a waste of a squad shirt. I live in the East Midlands and know many Derby fans and, without exception, they'd all love to get rid of him.

2. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Awful feeling it could be Kyle Lafferty.

3. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Possibly off to Scotland. Hearts and Hibs chasing him.

4. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just don't have a good steer on this one, but there is no doubt that we will need to sign at least one and ideally two strikers. Someone mentioned Nick Blackman from Derby and that sort of signing could trigger a new transfer record for us, or there are the inevitable loanees. Some championship strikers could be within our reach, if we really are willing to pay a couple of million. Otherwise, premiership youngsters are going to be loanees again. Best possibilities: 1. Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) - just played for U21s, so only chance would seem to be on loan. Just 22 and good record at Burton last season, so could be loaned and we have to be a better bet than Burton again. Tall player, so good foil for Bradshaw. 2. Dominic Samuel (Reading). 23 years old. We were rumoured to be after him last season, but he went to Ipswich and did ok in a poor side. Worth a punt. 3. Chris Long (Burnley). 22 years old and did well on loan last season. Lively striker who knows where the net is ok. 4. Harry Bunn (Huddersfield). Still only 24, but with a good amount of experience behind him already and has done well when in the side, including good goal at Manchester City in the game when Hudders ended up being thrashed. 5. Ivan Toney (Newcastle). Well, I think that he has come on a lot since he was with us on loan and he looks as good a bet as any of the players in the category. Can still develop further as a championship player, but he looked to have gained more mastery of the goalscoring art in his Scunny spell, so I wouldn't rule him out. 6. Sam Gallagher (Southampton). Like Woodrow, would give us alternative to current strikers and could be a good foil for Bradshaw, as well as having a decent goals per game record.

Where do you stop? I listed thirty and the ones above are those which stand out the most from that list. I have not looked at Leagues One and Two.

5. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Samuel is a good shout as we could maybe get that on a permanent depending how highly rated he is at reading, Woodrow again is a good player from what I have seen of him but he has just signed a new deal at Fulham so a loan would be the only option there. Would love to take Gallagher but would no way be able to buy him so again would have to be a loan move but he for me is the best of the ones you mentioned.

My choices would be Ollie McBurnie or from the lower leagues Akinde or at a push Marquis

6. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Signed for Hearts

7. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nick Blackman - never. He's 28 this year, with a goalscoring record of under one every four. No resale value whatsoever. Very little value full stop from what I can see.

8. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of those you mention, Gallagher looks easily the best fit, followed by Cauley. The rest of them haven't even set League 1 alight.