Potts

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fired, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He's one of my favourite players, not at all like you describe. In my opinion of course.

SuperTyke likes this.
  2. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d agree, you could never call him lazy, but i’ve Seen him for half a season now and I just don’t think he’s up to this level. I think he’s on the team sheet because there are 5 spots to fill and Hecky think a physical ‘presence’ is more important than ability on the ball. With the current squad i’d tend to agree with him.

3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are we talking about George moncur or Brad potts?

4. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I meant Brad Potts but I now realise you were writing about George Moncur. Whover you meant though, I still think that writing "dislike him as a person" is a bit strong. A lot strong in fact.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought you meant Potts.

You are right its strong but my feeling that his lack of effort to something that means a lot to me is quite a strong feeling. People said just as strong things about frimpong and break shea

6. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agree about those two, in terms of their on-the-field displays. They were crap. However, I don't know what they were like as people, therefore I can't comment on that side of things. And anyway, I like George Moncur as well

7. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Potts is good. That pillock with the top knot is a f-ing disgrace. Work rate of a flea. Show pony with no tricks. Get rid please. We pay money to see professionals. He is a joke.

Youuureds! and SuperTyke like this.
  8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t rate him at all but I don’t think it’s lack of effort I think it’s a lack of a footballing brain.

He can never read a game, never seems to judge the bounce of a ball right & ends up having to sprint more to make up for his mistake.

On top of that he can’t do a lot with the ball but I’ll say it again, as poor as he’s been you can’t really complain at him getting a shirt when you look at the other central midfield options we’ve had

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve given up on Moncur, I get the impression he doesn’t care about winning. He seems like the type that you get at 5 a side who’s only happy when he’s nutmegged someone or pulled off a fancy trick rather than actually winning.

Hopefully a league on team will come in for him

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't rate Potts, but I don't think he's lazy either. Not sure he's got the physique to allow him to run full pelt for 90 minutes like some, so at times maybe he conserves energy. I always think he puts a shift in. First couple of games he found the pace hard to adapt to, but I don't think he was fully match fit. He looks leaner and fitter now.

As much as I don't rate Potts, I think he's worth a place in the side ahead of Moncur who can disappear for long periods and really doesn't look to put the effort in. Despite that, he looked more knackered after 45 minutes on Saturday than the rest of the team did after 90. I guess you have to put the effort in during training to see the benefit on match day. Moncur looks a long way short of fitness compared to the rest of the squad.

I'd like to see a couple of midfielders added in the next couple of weeks which would allow us to let Moncur go and take Potts out of the side for the coaching team to work with him like they did with Jackson and Roberts.

Whatever we do, I hope we stop playing Potts on the right. That does him no favours at all. He can't do it, but that's not his fault.

Django likes this.
  11. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still think that with the right coaching, Potts can become a very solid Championship player. However, I agree with you that maybe he could do with some time out to work on certain aspects of his game. Our coaches clearly know what they're doing. Last time I saw Adam Jackson in a match (Forest in November of last season), he barely even looked like a professional footballer. Fast forward less than a year, and he was our most accomplished defender until he got injured. Scarcely believable that it was the same bloke.

Xerxes and churtonred like this.