Pretty disappointing transfer window in my opinion

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Chef Tyke, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I’m usually very positive. I just have slight concerns and am underwhelmed. I am allowed to voice that opinion.

Also take a look at what’s happening at Nice.

The jury is totally out for me.

2. higgybaby

higgybaby Well-Known Member

welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice are in the French top flight we are in the third division, we are poles apart at the moment. I think since the new owners have been here the transfer policy on the whole has been very good, I think we are in good hands

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Thought we got good money for Potts and said at the time it was good business if we used that to strengthen the squad, but wasn't if we didn't. We didn't so it wasn't.
    Sale of Moncur I have no problem with if its not to a rival. But it was.
    Loaning any other player to rival, whether they're in the side or not makes no sense to me.
    I've read all month that the price of players is artificially high in January yet we buy one to send out on loan.
    The winger we've brought in seems fast, hope he does well.
    The other two shouldn't really be considered as first team players, no matter what GG says. It's what the manager does that counts and they're not in the first team squad.
    We needed cover for some players but we didn't get them. We lost some of the cover we had. We lost our CEO and Assistant manager.
    It's been rubbish. As usual.

Tykeored, Dalestykes, Django and 4 others like this.
  4. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What bothers me most is that we now consider not losing players a successful transfer window.

Tykeored, Dalestykes, Django and 4 others like this.
  5. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lowest January transfer window in cash value terms since 2012 apparently, with the bulk of transactions being loan deals.. Given our past form for selling the players who were having a positive effect on how we were performing on the field in January, I for one , am really pleased that the Board have apparently shunned offers for the likes of Thiam, Moore, Cavare, Pinnock et al and with the exception of Moncur and Isgrove, left the squad intact. Young Green can only benefit from playing with better class players and a bonus is, that young Callum Styles will feature
    in the first team going forward. External soundings are that he will prove to be a real asset.
    We've now got a squad that is " fit for purpose", with some more than capable of stepping up, should we manage to reach the Championship.

higgybaby likes this.
  6. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the beginning of January I gave a score of 3/10 for the transfer window performance.

I’d increase that to 4/10 at the end.

A 5 out of 10 score to me would mean we are just as strong as when we went into it.

We definitely aren’t and no amount of spin will say otherwise.

The squad is definitely weaker than it was on NYE.

Potts was a regular, wasn’t a world beater but was a valued player, Moncur for all his faults was an able replacement if we got injuries or loss of form.

Isgrove is a meh, he never played and was made of glass but was still an experienced body to use if needed.

We’ve basically lost 3 experienced pros and replaced with one lad who has a small amount of experience in League 2. We don’t know yet if he’ll end up being good enough, early signs are fine, but still far too early to say. It’s still only one person to replace 3 though.

People who say we have Brown, he was already here and making the quality of the bench stronger.

Our options have vastly reduced.

I’ve moved up a point to 4/10 because we haven’t lost any more, when we quite clearly could have done.

Tykeored likes this.
  7. Dep

Deputy Dawg Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i was going to post but your post covers just about everything up perfectly.
    Obviously the barnsley fan in us says we should have used this transfer window to start building our squad for the league above.

just saw your tag under your post
    inthemixsince76 are you Hot Since 82 younger brother he he

8. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haha, no id be his older brother.

No relation.

When I started producing, getting gigs and getting tracks released I need a name. So me and my mate came up with that as a bit of a **** take.

Never imagined it would kind of take off much, so now I’m stuck with ITMS76 which is what I release under and what’s connected to the label I own.

I should have changed it years ago.