QPR tickets

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fitzytyke2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting we do anything now. It's done, and the cheap tickets have gone.

I just think the whole thing should have been done more even handedly in the first place.

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's more common than you think I believe. I know a few people who enjoy the day out at an away game so go to them but rarely go to oakwell because it isn't a day out it's just a 90 minute match.

There are also quite a few people who live in the south who will go to southern based away games as they are 'local' but don't go to home games because they're further away

3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Ok well what would you have done differently in the first place then? Keeping in mind we have no control over QPRs pricing policy.

4. fit

The vast majority of the hardcore of 500 or so are season ticket holders at Oakwell.

5. fit

It's not "we" it's QPR.

As I've already said further up the thread, they could have given us all the same seats and spread the discount.

The end holds 1800, well take 6 or 700 so no need to use the restricted view seats.

6. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Without bothering to do the maths would that potentially leave QPR out of pocket? If they can sell 400/500 tickets at 30 odd quid a pop they will want to do this.

7. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are but not all. I've no issue with anyone who only goes away by the way r with those who go to home games but don't have season tickets either. Everyone has reasons for what they do.

I just think that as a business it makes sense to look after their biggest spending customers first and offering a discount to some for poorer seats is better than offering to none. Though I'm not daft I do understand why people who go to more away matches should be rewarded too

8. fit

If it was cheaper more would probably travel. They're already losing 23 quid a ticket by giving them out at a tenner.

There's no need to lose money, just average the price out over everyone.

It's a fiver more for pay on the day as well.

9. fit

My point isn't about who goes to more games or has a season ticket, it's about fairness.

QPR could easily fill up the "normal seats" first, and then discount overspill into the restricted view seats. That would be fine.

10. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Who knows that argument has been had for years about lowering prices. Clubs rarely take thay view. It's horrible the cost of being a away fan is ridiculous you will get no argument from me on that. Clubs just don't look at it like that. We are exactly the same only have to look at our match day pricing policy.

11. fit

To be honest mate, if it was just 33 quid for everyone, I'd have taken it on the chin. It's London afterall.

It's the extending the cheap price offer to a small few that rankles me.

When you think that it was £28 last season it says to me that those paying £33 (and £38 on the day) are subsidising those with the cheap tickets.

12. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The silver tickets aren't £10 because that's all the view is worth. I paid £20-odd in 2010 for one and the view was fine. It's a very strange promotion to do and very divisive. Both clubs could have approached it better.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  13. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Eh
    There were 200 restricted view tickets at a heavily discounted price There aren’t enough to go round. Barnsley football club put in place the best plan they could to distribute them but there aren’t enough to meet the demand. This means that the others have to buy clear view tickets at full price.
    Now I agree that £33 is too much for a ticket but there is nothing Barnsley FC can do about that I am really struggling with the logic in this thread

14. fit

How many times do I have to say it? my gripe isn't with Barnsley fc. It's with QPR.

QPR should not have done this. There are loads of seats to go round in that end without using the 200 or so restricted ones.

15. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't the best and most appropriate distribution plan. The deserving recipients are those away fans who have been to most away games, regardless of home ticket status. I'm not talking from self interest as I rarely go away these days.

16. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    So now you logic is it’s not fair that some people can get a good deal on cheaper seats because you missed out and you would have preferred the club to decline those seats and force everyone to pay more?

I’d far rather complain at clubs that sell all tickets at the same price even if the view is appalling take Villa where fans paid £30 for tickets below pitch level and beyond the corner flag ( mine wasn’t one of them. I had a decent view ) but there were people who didn’t. Most theatres band seats so you pay less for poorer seats.

17. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    I refer you to
    which makes the point perfectly

18. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This one thing could have just been aimed at the most regular away supporters. Season ticket holders get enough. Keeping their prices rock bottom is pushing up match day prices for everyone else. People are feeling excluded due to cost and it will have an effect on the long term fan base.

19. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Keeping season ticket prices static is not what pushes up match day ticket prices. Match day ticket prices are set soley on the basis of the potential away following.

20. fit

I'm one of them sat near the corner flag at Villa, and it's irrelevant whether I'm missing out or not at QPR, this isn't a moan based on what my personal experience will be on the day or that I may or may not have to pay full price.

My problem is the way QPR could have done this much more fairly, without even using those seats, and given everyone a better deal or at least not made it so ridiculously cheap for some and one of the most expensive days out for others.

Have you thought you could be sat beside someone who has paid 3 times as much as you?

It's not my logic that's flawed, it's the "I'm all right jack" attitude of some of our fans that's disgraceful.