Question time what weve learnt

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tyrone1, Dec 15, 2017.

1. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Contributors get paid £20

Wow

2. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As in the panel??!

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    So that's how Momentum fund raise ;-)

4. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Judging by the Panel and audience last night you could be forgiven for thinking the Tories got the best of any Fund raising last night. In case you didn’t know the Comedian sat on the right is a Tory. Think he only told us about every time he opened his mouth

5. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    There were certainly plants in that audience. Maybe the BBC do it to give "balance" to what they perceive the audience will be otherwise.

6. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I learnt last night after watching the program was, nowt, I already knew about greedy landlords and that most Brexiteers have not got a clue what they are on about when it comes to leaving the E.U. as for breastfeeding that's up to them with the bairn funny question that for Question Time. I also knew Mrs Ponsandby-Bagshot or what ever they call her was a nasty piece of work just clarified it last night.
    I looked carefully at the audience and din't know 1 person, having lived in Barnsley ny on 68 years you would have thought I would have known someone.
    Panel out of ten.
    The Tory 7.
    The Labour 7.
    The Scientist 7.
    The Chair 5.
    The Comic 4.
    The Nasty Piece 1.

7. leebrilleaux

leebrilleaux Well-Known Member

Student, yes a Student even at my age!
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, me too, although I've been on this planet for not quite as long as yourself.

The guy from the audience that kept pointing - how very rude and embarrassing - make a point by all means but totally unnecessary.

This confirms (to me anyway) that the racist overtones is what joins both the left wing and the right wing

8. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    how so ? That audience was very right wing

I only noticed one person, joe rollin from the orgreave justice campaign ..

9. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know Joe Rollin very well along with his 2 brothers and father I did not notice him.
    Red Kestrel look in your conversations box.

10. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let’s be honest.

Some folk voted out for reasons that suited them. On more affluent areas I can see the logic, even if I don’t agree.

Given though what it will do to the economic prospects of this area there aren’t too many logical reasons in these parts.

Some voted due to propaganda and pure lies regarding nhs funding and other ‘money the country will save’ - which it won’t.

But a hell of a lot of folk, I fear a large majority in the working class northern areas who overwhelmingly voted out, did so due to ‘immigration’. As though giving more control to central government is likely to reduce it that much.

There is some truth in that migrant workers take jobs that otherwise might be taken by British nationals - not a lot, there’s a lot of jobs that some of our younger generation seem to think they’re above doing - but the fact is there are more than just racist overtones in the reasons a lot voted out.

It’s likely to be economic disaster in the short and medium term for most of the country, in our part of the world possibly forever. We have a choice of feeding off the scraps of Sheffield or off the scraps of Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, York and everywhere else to try and get fairer funding.

Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland are protected. They get the guaranteed pro rated funding compared to English spend. The north and midlands has nothing to match what the south east will continue to get.

Leaving the eu is a stupid idea for working class, old industrial areas. That is clear.

Those who voted out around here are essentially turkeys voting for Christmas and buying shares in paxo in my view.

The irony is that a lot will have a far right view on migration but will still vote labour in the general election. Him pointing his finger last night was an embarrassment.

Kettlewell, Afies Dad and pingiskola like this.