Question to the posters on here

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A lot of players don't get a long.

One of the most succsesful players ever doesn't get a long with a lot of players.

oguchi onyewu and zlatan had a fight in which one person broke anothers rip.

2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Two comments from me one you should be able to grasp the other I am not so sure

the first is effect on team spirit.
    In particular clubs like ours rely on the team being greater than the individuals. Our club has a great team spirit at the moment so any player brought in should fit in with that team ethos. We have been down the route of bringing in experienced players and occasionally it has worked. But far more often it's been counter productive.
    For every Darren Moore. There are several Frimpongs Litas etc. You need to be certain that the player will improve the team. Players like Joey Barton will not to that

the second and here is where you may struggle is this
    Whilst winning is important to me it's not the most important thing. I want to be proud to associate with Barnsley FC. The club has a community role and manager and players like it or not are role models for the younger supporters. Whilst it's unreasonable to expect them all to be saints I really don't want people who have shown time and time again to be selfish and unpleasant people. So that definitely includes Barton it includes managers like Paulo Di Caneo.
    It doesn't necessarily mean someone who committed any offence even a one resulting in a prison sentence has no place in a Barnsley side. So someone like Troy Deeney (or Adam Hammill) can well fit in if they aren't serial offenders but admit to making a mistake and learning from it. Barton isn't in that category though.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I care about all lives, not just those of footballers. Footballers are people, they have friends, families and neighbours. Football is part of real life, not a separate universe.

Of course it matters how they behave in their lives. People who behave like Barton end up in prison. We all make mistakes - I've made loads and I keep on making them, because I really enjoyed making most of them, but we all deserve a second and possibly a third chance.

But Barton? How many chances has he had? Ugh! What a horrible human being.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you going to respond to the points about Gazza or will you just ignore them because as usual you have no answer to logic. Instead you'll carry on posting complete inane nonsense about players that everybody else can see will never be anywhere near our squad. If you go on and on and on and on about your favorites it doesn't make you right; quite the opposite.

5. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This team has a fantastic team spirit who want to play for each other and their manager - do we really need a bad apple in the barrel?

6. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With PG theres a line. When you start getting involved in a police chase for a Murderer then you have to question things. Having a fight or whatever isn't the same .

Let's be honest he's not a footballer anymore. The only thing I see about this guy's exposing himself in a car park or racially abusing black bodyguard which he admitted in spetember.

If he's got a problem then okay. Get help but PFA and a lot of others including football clubs have spent 100,000's on him.

People like Joey Barton and James Milner Cristiano Ronaldo don't drink alchol. CR7 doesn't drink alchol because he understands the problems it can cause.

7. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    CR7? Is that a Star Wars character?

8. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    At the end of the day, football is a job for the players. A way to earn a living and feed their families.

Im sure many on here will have examples of their work performance dipping when they have personal or family issues. Not many people can simply concentrate 100% on their job when other things are going off. I know I cant.

Thing is, with most other jobs, you are part of a large workforce, so if you are only at 90%(for example), there are many people to ease the lost productivity.

With football, if you are not mentally at 100%, it immediately shows and has a knock on effect. This means that the other 10 players have to carry the effected player.

Players like Ravell Morrison and Joey Barton have obviously got a god given talent, but their issues mean that very few managers will take a risk on them.

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

We don't sign players in their 30's. We don't sign players on one last pay day. We couldn't afford Barton regardless. I don't believe he's anywhere near as good as Hourihane is. I don't think he's any better then Scowen or Morsy either. He's also a bit of a numpty who in ten years time will be completely forgotten by football or at best remembered for his indiscretions.

So it's a no from me.

10. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Also, I know you play Football Manager, so i'll use that as an analogy.

Lets say you are managing a team who's average key stats for their position was, lets say 13. But their "Team Cohesion" is sky high, and their "Morale is all at least "18".

Then you buy a player that is much better, but that player has a hidden "professionalism" rating of say, 3 and a hidden "controversy" rating of "19". Your players morale wont stay at "18" for long, which will have a direct effect on performances. Also, your cohesion will drop massively too.

Add to that the fact that your previous key players will start to get pissed off as they want a wage parity with "star player", which then means your wage structure is buggered and your board gets pissed off with you, and becomes unhappy with the performance drop and eventually sacks you.

Was this player worth it???

11. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    In relation to Joey Barton.

He's quite clearly an outspoken individual who would attempt to have as much an influence on the dressing room as the management and coaching staff would.

It's no coincidence that he doesn't appear to stay at a club for longer than a season or two. That sort of personality could only have a negative effect on the rest of the team.

Sometimes a good footballer can make a team worse, rather than better.

Conor Hourihane is a different sort of person. He may arguably not be at the level of Joey Barton and may never play at the level Barton has in the past. But he seems to be more of a positive influence on the team rather than a negative one. You can see how much we missed him against Bristol City. That's what makes him more favourable than Barton in my personal midfield.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

12. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The most bizarre 3 players in one sentence - James Milner, Joey Barton and Christiano Ronaldo! I'm sure old Chrissy is honoured to be in such esteemed company.

You like Joey Barton - I would suggest 99% of our supporters disagree with you.

You don't care about moral responsibility of those representing our club - I would suggest at least 90% of our supporters disagree with you.

You never saw Gazza play - I did and he was one of the reasons I fell in love with the sport. He was one of the first footballers placed under huge scrutiny by the media. He was not protected like modern day players. As a result he has had severe mental health issues that I am incredibly sad about as I saw someone who gave me so much joy has been left to deteriorate to the state he has.

People like Ched Evans, Joey Barton and John Terry are disgusting human beings. They have shown no remorse for their criminal and morally corrupt behaviour.

Read ; https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Top-10-Most-Hated-Football-Players

Interesting how many players you mention regularly make this top 10. Tells me something about you.

Winning at all costs is not what a progressive society is built on. If you don't understand that then suggest Russia is a lovely place to live for you. And Frimpong plays there so you'll have a hero to watch!

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mean you draw a line and who crosses it and who doesn't is entirely at your discretion. I'm not even going to debate the alcoholism issue with you.

14. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Barton owns one of my art works. A gift from a Toon fan with more money than moral sense...

15. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because real life is more important than football.

16. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Good luck with that message...

17. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Barton is 34, I was under the impression you didn't like us signing players over 24.

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because we care about people more than any perceived advantage from signing scumbags. He's too old anyhoo.

19. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's a clear difference between Troy Deeney compared to Barton & Morrison.

Deeney is a genuinely reformed character, he's made a mistake but he's turned his life around & hasn't continued to make mistakes.

At every single club Morrison's been at there's been issues right up to the present day.

At every single club Barton's been at except Burnley there's been issues right up to the present day.

I genuinely think you believe there's no such thing as team spirit & believe in talent only

20. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both deeney and joshua have been man enough to hold their hands up and try to make amends through various projects and causes. Which isnwhy they are revered as people not just sportsmen.

Barton is a professional victim. Always someone elses fault.
    Belongs in the same bucket of ***** as danger danger,mccormick,marlon king ...