Questions for our CEO

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gally, Oct 16, 2021.

1. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At what time after your transparency claim did the club decide to go opaque
    Why do you believe we are all mushrooms and keep us in the dark
    Would you understand the ethos of the barnsley people if it smacked you on the nose because Conway and Co obviously don't otherwise they wouldn't treat us all with contempt....

Redhelen likes this.
  2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hope so!

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How is the West stand not safe but this stand past tests...

4. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does he watch our matches ? And If so how is manager still here way we are playing

5. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Please list in detail the structural and operational issues rather than just a blanket statement.

Connor likes this.
  6. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's blindingly obvious that the closure of the west stand was to free up more space in the North Stand, thereby increasing cash flow.

How worried should we be about the club's finances?

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best thing about living in Melbourne as I did briefly you get a bank holiday for the Melbourne Cup

Redhelen likes this.
  8. Bfc

BfcTim Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can the club employ an electrician to fix the scoreboard so that we are sure we are losing

Redhelen likes this.
  9. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    any more for any more?

10. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Has anyone asked about the west stand?

Seriously though, until all questions on the West Stand are fully answered with transparancy you shouldn't be moving onto any other topic.

Rats and DannyWilsonLovechild like this.
  11. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    As I said on another thread, my first question would be to ask who ultimately made the decision to close the West Stand. Then move on to the whys and whens.

E3Red likes this.
  12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why have we taken the decision to close beevor court (which apparently I can't spell) for a ERP when other clubs coming under the same police force haven't done so with other similar access roads?

Why hasn't the scoreboard been replaced? If my wall mounted TV at home broke I'd replace it I wouldn't expect the landlord to buy me one.

Why did the club elect to use Doyle's security again for this season when there have been numerous issues with them in the past? Are there penalties for Doyle's for failing to provide the required number of stewards?

Why do the club pay an outside company to stand on the public highway controlling traffic but not on the one road that everyone knows it's needed on?

Why have out 80% owners taken money out of the club in order to finance the purchase of the club? That seems directly at odds with the claim from Paul Conway that all profits would be put into the club for transfers.

In hindsight does he feel that cancelling the Watford game and turning his phone off so they couldn't contact him was an unprofessional and disrespectful thing to do? Does he regret behaving in that way?

Does he realise that citing vague structural issues as the reason for closing the west stand only for that to slowly change to operational issues after being called out on it comes across very much as treating supporters like they're idiots?

What exactly are the reasons for the west stand closing and why has he refused to explain these until tonight? What benefit is there to hiding the reason until now? He, and the club, must have known the reasons and so refusing to explain them until now only serves to alienate supporters.

Who is the party that the owners believe have some kind of right to oakwell? What exactly is this right? And what is the reason that the owners want title insurance anyway when others haven't had it?

ubique_tyke, JamDrop and Connor like this.
  13. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    To be fair to him, he was only joking about this. My terrible transcription did not reflect this.

SFOTyke, JamDrop, RedVesp and 2 others like this.
  14. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will monies be made available to bolster the playing staff (transfers or loans) in january?

Redhelen and churtonred like this.
  15. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sometimes a bit of public appreciation is worth more than a small financial bonus. To that end, will the club be thanking, out loud, the hard working staff in the Box Office who have had to deal with both TicketMaster / scanning issues in addition to the West Stand re-allocation fiasco?

If the trust could convey the fans thanks, I hope those thanks make their way to the right people.

16. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Feel free to ignore that one then :) I don't think it was anything to do with your transcription, simply that tone doesn't come across in text very well anyway as we all know on here only too well.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is a problem with feeding back. I assumed he was joking about that, still think we wouldn't have liked it if it had been the other way round mind

JamDrop and DannyWilsonLovechild like this.
  18. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most of my questions on other matters have already been covered by others. Consequently I've concentrated mine on one specific issue.

- Can he confirm that the £750k payment to Oakwell Holdings Limited on behalf of BFC Investments Limited, and the subsequent write-off of this debt to Barnsley Football Club Limited from the investment company, both took place prior to the club statement dated 18/08/20, on the club's website, which included the quote, "Since investing in the Club in 2017, the new investors have not withdrawn £1 from the Club." Assuming so, would he agree that this element of the club statement is demonstrably untrue?
    - Can he confirm that no subsequent payments of this nature have taken place as at today's date? If not, please confirm amounts paid by Barnsley Football Club Limited on behalf of the new investors / investment company.
    - From the perspective of those directors of Barnsley Football Club Limited who are not also directors of BFC Investments Limited, please confirm how this payment and debt write-off are in the best interests of Barnsley Football Club Limited.
    - Does he agree that, regardless of the previous accounting treatment adopted with regard to this payment, the only appropriate course of action with regard to Barnsley Football Club Limited would be for these funds to be reimbursed to it by BFC Investments Ltd or the new investors directly?
    - Given supporters' obvious concerns arising from these matters, will he commit now to implementing a system where season ticket renewal monies for 2022-23 and beyond, along with transfer income from player sales, will be utilised only for the purpose of the operational activities of Barnsley Football Club Limited and will be specifically segregated from any form of usage which directly benefits one or more of the owners to the detriment of the football club operational activities?

19. Rat

Rats Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can he deny there has been contact with Rotherham United about ground sharing next season ,and categorically say we will continue to play at oakwell while under this ownership

20. Rat

Rats Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the directors are moving into the East stand , which group of fans have they evicted this time

Redhelen likes this.