Radlinger

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Dillydilly

Dillydilly Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed

2. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think there are certain situations where booing is justified. People pay a lot of money to watch highly paid 'prefessionals' doing a job that many people in run-of-the-mill occupations would give their eye teeth for. As paying customers if what they see is a complete lack of effort and players 'stealing a wage' then, IMO, demonstrating disapproval of what they see is understandable.
    HOWEVER, THIS team is giving 100% 99.9% of the time. The majority of them have undoubted talent but currently lack experience and guidance and are no doubt just as frustrated as the fans when things are not working. Nevertheless, there are clearly a handful of players who are simply not up to championship standard and probably never will be but are, at least putting a shift in, however ineffective they are. Booing will not make them any better or improve the overall situation , in fact the complete opposite.

This is nothing to do with, 'happy clapping', but simply living up to the true sense of the word fan(atic)' i.e. '.. 'marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion'.

3. Birkdale Red

Birkdale Red Well-Known Member

Civil Servant
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Prefessionals. Perfect term for some of our young lads. Past the amateur phase but not quite ready for the professional one. Next step.

Fonzie, TitusMagee and Redhelen like this.
  4. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    I wasn't there -watching from overseas but had I been there I wouldn't have booed.
    Must admit I have booed the occasional referee at a football match and also bit of cheating by opposition players. I dont think I have ever booed our players and most certainly wouldn't for not being good enough.
    I can sort of see why fans might show their displeasure to individuals who weren't trying (Mellis for example) but to boo someone who is doing their best is just not something that makes any sense. What do you hope to achieve - more likely to demotivate them than anything else and totally counter productive

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    ScubaTyke likes this.
  5. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Is it just me or do you get the impression Radlinger doesn’t really want to be here? He came as a favour to Daniel so we were told. Well Daniel’s not here anymore so I’d pay Radlinger up and go with Collins and Walton or a loanee for the rest of the season

6. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Collins is clearly the better keeper, not heard anyone disagree with that apart from Struber. Plus Collins is committed to the club for 4 years.
    The choice is a no brainier to me.

7. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m sure someone would take Radlinger on a free or six month loan.

Get him off the wage bill and pay someone else. Collins is fine, Walton is fine as second choice for now and there’s Greatorex and Kendrick if desperation sets in via injury or suspension.

We don’t need all these goalkeepers, Radlinger is not any better than Collins - certainly not noticeably, so get rid.

It is completely bizarre that the only deviation from the board’s rigid plan was to sign him on a one year deal. Makes no sense whatsoever. If they touted him out now they might even get a hundred grand or so for him but if not let him go.

Birkdale Red likes this.
  8. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you think he may have been promised so many games to get him to sign? If he had to be persuaded and it’s only for a season then it seems likely to me that he’d have wanted assurances that he was going to be played.

9. Tek

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Glad someone spotted it. Whilst I often commit posts with typos and have to edit them, that was an intentional one, making the exact point you made re some of the lads are really still 'apprentices' and still learning their craft. Sadly, for them it is like turning up at Uni lectures and tutorials only to find the lecturer isn't there and you have to simply muddle through with your fellow students with, all the time,'finals' looming. We as fans complain at management but I often wonder what it is doing to some of these lads' future careers givne how short a career professional footballers have.

Birkdale Red likes this.
  10. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

11. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the first time Radlinger caught the ball above his head. It was around the 75th minute.

12. Tek

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Err..... is there an echo in here? not sure the point you are making in response to my post. That was the point of my post. Did you read it in its entirety?

13. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I wonder if Radlinger can play centre-back? He could team up with Walton there, with Collins in the nets. That would allow Halme back into his holding midfield role, and let Andersen have a rest. With Cauley back fit again, we'd be back to our favoured formation.

What could possibly go wrong?

Old Gimmer likes this.
  14. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What could possibly go wrong?

A double post, that's what could go wrong.

Old Gimmer likes this.