Really do not see why Hemsworth Tyke gets so much abuse...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KamikazeCo-Pilot, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3]often for the troll's amusement.

From that definition of a "troll", i'd say the bit i have put in bold is Hemmsy's MO.

Prime example was the cricket discussion yesterday.The conversation was simply about how the Test was one sided and that was reflected in the masses of empty seats. To provoke an emotional response from myself and others, he brought up the attendances in the 90's and how **** they were. The 90's had not been mentioned in the thread and it was simply to start an argument. It also had the effect of disrupting the "normal, on topic discussion..."

2. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've had him disappear after making points to him too.

But censorship is drastic and not British.

3. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He hasn't been censored, he has been denied access to the board for constant breaking of the boards rules. He can still go on the many other football message boards and give his opinions, and there is nothing stopping him discussing his points in person with folk. He just isn't allowed on barnsleyfc.org.uk anymore...

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    British law is full of censorship

5. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You want to add to it then?

6. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well if you approve of that I hope you're proud, of being unable to tolerate the views of another.

And especially so in your case, when you seem to have identified him as someone who suffers from a disability.

7. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You know if you walked into McDonalds, and started shouting that the beef was crap and the chicken nuggets were made of pink slime and **** like that, which led to its customers refusing to go in, would it be wrong for them to ban you from the store?
    Not my choice pal. The site isn't mine.

I have a physical disability and have suffered from mental health issues, but if I came on here and constantly broke the rules, then I would expect to be banned. I detest ANY form of discrimination(been on the receiving end of lots, to the point it almost cost me my life), but letting him have free reign because of his (possible) issues is discriminating against the other people who ave been banned for doing the same...

As for the issues I(and others)have a hunch he has, coming on a message bard and causing arguments won't be healthy for him if true.

DavidCurriesMullet likes this.
  8. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Shyness is nice
    But shyness can stop you
    From doing all the things in life you'd like to

If there's something you'd like to try
    Ask me, I won't say no
    How could I?

9. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Bit of Smiths....nice!

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  10. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Broke the rules? Free reign to do what? When he posts a variety of people respond - who is the victim here - them or him?

They line up to have a go at him

He does not hound individuals on here like some do.

And he posts what he thinks. If you don't like it, so what? Ignore him - there's a button!

He does not invade all other threads like The Reev and Zazo did (though they were harshly treated too)

Free speech in this country - perhaps not.

shed131 likes this.
  11. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He's broken plenty of rules recently and in the past. I mean, Christ, he has been banned and allowed back more times than I remember. You sound like this is the only online forum you use, as people being banned for breaching rules the sites owners have set is common place. I was banned from loads years ago when I was constantly in drunken haze and thought it be funny to take the piss. I didn't sit crying about it or expecting a White Knight to take up my cause for me...

As already mentioned, Gally pays the bills and makes the rules. When anyone signs up to post, they agree to those rules with the understanding that if they do not, then their posting privileges(yes, being allowed to post on a forum is a privilege, not a right)will be removed.

Now, here is a surprise, I agree with you that some people used to follow him around and hound him which is not right either. I did it too to start with when I believed him to be nothing more than a wind up merchant. When I realised that there may be more than meets the eye, I started conversing with him, and we have exchanged a few decent PM's too, although we never really saw eye to (cod)eye on most things unfortunately. But I'd honestly expect that to happen to me too if I insisted on spouting personally abusive things about players(didn't Sir Bobby consider taking action against him for something), make multiple xenophobic and borderline racist(see his views on German people) and constantly spoilt the flow of many threads by making thinly veiled digs at people on his hitlist.

Thats before you take into account the many people who have actually stopped posting because of him(and certain other posters) spoiling the place for them. I know they can just put him on "ignore", but if you did that you might as well read the place pissed as a fart, as(once again)the flow of the thread is spoiled due to missing posts. I had a few folk on ignore, and it can make the place unreadable so they came off.

As for "Free speech in this country - perhaps not", bit hyperbolic isn't it? He's been banned from posting on a privately owned football message board, not locked away in solitary confinement for speaking wrong about the establishment....

12. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If someone keeps making a nuisance of themselves in any establishment they get turfed out. Freedom of speech doesn't come into it. So many bitter critiques of one fan favourite after another can't be the genuine views of any Barnsley fan.

13. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well....this IS the only forum I use.. so I apologise for my innocence.

If Gally makes up the rules then I would hope he would be in favour of free speech.

If you want this board to be a privately owned football message board which operates not as an echo chamber for the supporters as a whole, but rather something that a supreme being called "Gally" controls, then I hope your ambition is defeated.

Anyway, you want him banned yet have diagnosed him as suffering from this or that. That's a wonderful remedy.

Nice to see you sticking up for the Germans. They need our help on this website more than HT. Obviously.

14. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ya vol. Ready aim fire.

15. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Never said I wanted him banned. I said he broke the rules, and ignored multiple warnings which usually leads to a ban on virtually every forum I have ever used.

I'm not Gally, so you would have to ask him about the Free Speech bit.

EVERY forum on the internet is privately owned. They cost a not unsubstantial amount of money to run and maintain(notice the bbs in ad free, who do you think pays or the upkeep?), and if I'm not mistaken, Gally pays for this. Because of this, he is also liable should something defamatory be posted on here(again, I may be mistaken, but I'm sure the forum has had more than one legal letter because of things posted). As I'm sure you can understand, because of this he has to set rules. Can you blame him?

And as for your little "quip" about the Germans, can I just point out that the xenophobic comments actually offended some on here. Is that ok?

16. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I personally thought he livened this place up.
    However, I would like to take this opportunity to audition to be his replacement.
    Righto, here goes;
    McDonald was crap today... Oh wait a minute, he was. Erm.... Cryne should sell the club to wealthy foreign investors.... Oh knackers, he possibly is. Have this one, Yiadom should run up and down close to the white line...or should if he'd actually played.
    Don't think I'm cut out for this job so I'll just go back to my old job of being a former player's disastrous hair do.

shed131 likes this.
  17. tobyornottoby

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Glad you don't want him banned.

After all that.

Glad tidings to all those sensitive Germans you are protecting .

18. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Now your just being a bit of a nob.

Lets just say you had your own forum, where you made the rules. Would you allow, lets say racism? Misogyny? With free speech in mind, where should the line be drawn?

19. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We'll not mention the time he almost brought legal action against this forum.

madmark62 likes this.
  20. Cod Eye

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Thats what I mean. I wouldn't have blamed Gally if he just shut the place down after that.

...and that Tobyornottoby, is one of the reasons that all forums(barring the likes of 4chan)need rules...