"Relegation would not be a failure!"

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think it necessarily would’ve been at the start of the season due to the state of the squad & player turnover but when a new manager takes over a club outside the bottom 3 at the end of January with the added bonus of Ollie McBurnie then it’s definitely failure taking us down

2. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s a failure despite the context no matter which way David Icke spins it.

wakeyred likes this.
  3. arp

arpete Well-Known Member

educating the masses
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Relegation would not be a failure!"is he kidding?If Jose believes that then he is deluded. It will seem like a disaster to the fans. Equally crap teams, lower gates, loss of better players from club, harder to attract better players, harder to attract players on loan etc.

4. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And if we pull the rabbit out of the hat and avoid relegation - would that be success? Would he suddenly become a wonderful coach? We are bumping along in the basement of the Championship - the run of home games since November has been enough to try the patience of a saint. Perhaps we need to go down to rebuild, enjoy some success and see our team winning again. We have forgotten about the comeback against Sheffield Utd. Football fans have short memories and the last game is uppermost in their minds. Sheffield Utd have done well on the back of a promotion season last year - their big challenge will be to maintain that momentum next year - it wouldn't surprise me if they were in a relegation fight. The side have lacked quality all season and that's not the present coach's fault. We haven't had a playmaker who can turn a game - a bunch of honest grafters at most. The problems are mostly up front - the defence has been tightened up and our goal difference is better than teams around us. One interesting statistic is that Nottingham Forest have lost as many games this season than we have. Birmingham City have lost more - but we have more draws than both of those teams and that is what has been killing us. Morais is willing to stick it out - I think he should be given a transfer window whatever happens and let's judge again at Christmas.

5. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Relegation means we go back 10 years.

We might get back the year after, but the feel good factor we created 18 months ago, doesn't just happen based on a single promotion from the pub league. Creating an identity and a positive environment takes an age.

Just because Blackburn are promoted doesn't mean the fans are back on side. They still question whats gone off the last few years, crowds are still ****.

If we, by a miracle stay up, then we might still be able to tap into the atmosphere a few years ago, but the summer will be massive. Get some quality in and we'll soon forget this disastrous season.

6. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What else can he say, ‘relegation is a failure’
    Imagine the abuse he would get then

Safe to say this guy can not do or say anything right to most. That’s how it’s been since day one. He can’t win lol

7. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can’t win? His team hasn’t looked close to doing so all that often I know that much.

Sorry but saying relegation isnt a failure is just folly.

We didn’t aim to be relegated. That wasn’t the target.

Relegation will therefore be a failure. It might not necessarily be an underachievement - but that isn’t the same thing. As it is I think we will have underachieved too.

8. Ripper

Ripper Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is being promoted from league one next season a success?

9. e-red

e-red Well-Known Member

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    By that token, it would also not be a failure if we were relegated from div 1 next season. That’s what we need to succeed though, a new definition of failure. Sorry Jose, if we go down, you have failed.

10. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course it would be. That would be the target at the start of the season and they would have achieved it. How else do you measure success?

11. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    David Icke!! Thanks for making me proper laugh on a Friday!

12. Arc

ArchieRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I couldn't disagree more!

He won't keep us up, he will change the players again for Saturday, but not the formation, then we will go behind & he will change everything, both players & formation, he is clueless, players need instruction, communication & coaching, he does very little of all three
    No club can afford to lose over £6m in revenue created by being in the championship, add to that the smaller away attendance & the falling home gates, it's money BFC need.

The Sheff Utd game is one to remember cos it's the only the 4th time in 15 months that we have won at home!

The side have lacked confidence & are punching at their maximum, but to say there are no flair in the side is wrong, Isgrove, Barnes, Hammill, can all turn games, Yiadom & Lyndsey have played well & to have the most prolific championship striker, since Christmas in McBurnie playing on the wing, well, for me there are no words to describe that....

Other players might step up if given a run in the side, have we really seen the best of Mallan??

The biggest disappointment is the lack of fight & passion in the team, this comes from the manager in the 1st instance & we know the players have it, Hecky got it from them, but since Jose started, passion, heart, desire & fitness have left the squad at an alarming rate.

I wouldn't give this bloke any money to improve this squad, he lives in a different world to the one we are in, we are not Chelsea, or Inter Milan, we don't have naturally gifted footballers who can adapt technically to his bizarre instruction, we don't have the 'capacity' & only he 'believe's'

The squad won't be staying over at the holiday inn the night before home games & travelling in by coach next season, it's a waste of valuable money & not necessary

There's more than one way to win games & at the moment we are trying the wrong way, get someone in who is more 'aligned' to our club & sent this bloke packing.

sitting bull likes this.
  13. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A total failure we have good players out there the management and staff have let us down.....ok Jose hasn't had the chance to gather his own team yet but unless I'm mistaken he wasn't brought in to just smooth out relegation he was brought in to stop it I've seen a slight upturn in effort from the team but no matter how we make up excuses results aren't good enough........does anyone think we will survive or is Jose the chosen one sorry only one

14. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How did Hecky get "fight and passion " from the players.We won 1 game out of Twenty.

wakeyred likes this.
  15. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I presume that me not renewing my season ticket would not be seen as a failure.

16. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps he has told them that relegation isn't a failure, not their fault, and that they'll still be playing next season (somewhere).
    We may have a head coach who has to tell them that taking part is more important than winning, like school kids they are not allowed to be told they are rubbish.

17. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course it'll be a failure. Barmy to suggest otherwise. That's not to say the club can't recover from it, though.

Farnham_Red likes this.
  18. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They'll be 11 teams get relegated this season.None of them will want to none of them will have expected it last August.Its part of the game.When this season is all over I will enjoy the summer with my family and make loads of memories with my grandchildren.Then I'll take great interest for the clubs plans for next season whichever division we're in.

19. Arc

ArchieRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We didn’t win games because we didn’t have the strike force before Xmas, but always had a chance in games & didn’t get turned over badly.
    We now have a bloke who got nearly double figures since Xmas but we aren’t competing in games like we were.
    You have to graft in the championship & I think we stand off the opposition too much & don’t work hard enough.

Django likes this.
  20. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting comment from GG in the Chronicle regarding Jose Morais and next season.
    " We appointed him with one mission and one mission only, which is to keep us in this division."
    He signed a deal until the end of next season but Ganaye did not want to discuss whether he
    would continue next season. "He has made some good decisions and some bad decisions like
    we all do. The bright side is that our home performances have recently been very good.
    Hopefully that can continue against Brentford on Saturday" Regarding the capitulation against
    Forest on Tuesday he said " you can lose fighting but the way they lost is not acceptable.
    They have admitted they weren't good enough.Maybe they were too scared by a situation they
    have not experienced before. Against Brentford, I want to see 11 men on the pitch instead of 11
    scared little boys. I want to see the fighting spirit they have showed in other games."