"Relegation would not be a failure!"

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Apr 26, 2018.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it was a very good interview by him. Full article here for people who want to read it: https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/ganaye-relegation-would-be-failure-but-not-disaster

Also, if nerves and inexperience was a factor lets get behind them tomorrow and give them belief. I'd love a loud, positive atmosphere right from the off, I think if we start off with a scared silence it'll transend to the players and we'll be down. Cheering them on can't make them any more skillful unfortunately but it may help them to not psychologically give up.

2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Quite right BigLil. And they will. GG's comments are the biggest positive in weeks - a welcome dose of realism. Our owners appear committed, and they have the resources.

3. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Relegation is not ideal! We all know that, but those looking for scapegoats, people to blame, and going over the top about it should take a chill pill. Three teams have to be relegated and things go in cycles. Once you get on a bad run or things happen to disrupt a team (Selling players, injuries etc etc) things can spiral downhill and confidence goes. Luck plays some part and we just haven't had that this season...when you are winning games confidence goes up and you expect to win. It's been depressing viewing at Oakwell this season with a couple of exceptions. To be honest I would prefer us to be more competitive in League One next season and hopefully get a promotion push. Time to rebuild the team, get confidence and momentum and take that back into the Championship. With the new owners behind and sensible investment that should all be possible. Give Jose Morais the chance to do this -he has had a look at the team and the challenge, and should be given a transfer window and at least up until Christmas. If changing coaches/managers after every bad spell were the answer we would be highly successful. The sack race is a knee jerk reaction - and a response to hysterical fans who want instant success.

With the exception of the Forest game I think it unfair to say that Jose has not motivated the players. He has chopped and changed the team around too much for my liking, but players can't say they haven't been given chances. There will be a clearout come the end of the season.

Let's get behind the team today from the go. If the game starts out with nerves in the air it will transmit to the players. Get off their backs...they need to give their all and we hope for a good result...if we don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

DSLRed and churtonred like this.
  4. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, if you achieve something you set out to do you’ve been successful in meeting your aim

5. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why?
    Really? I’d say the first half hour and last ten minutes of Sheffield United aside they haven’t looked motivated very often. Nor coached or aware of the tactics.
    This with bells on
    I bloody hope so too... though we have the bare bones of the start of a decent league one squad in all fairness. Need to weed out a fair few mind.

6. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)