Reports that a £3.5M bid has been accepted for Roberts

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by GeorgeRobledo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's Friday you deserve a drink .

2. Kettlewell

Kettlewell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't want to get into a row with anyone,so I will say that £3.5m is a initial figure. Then more payments will be added based on appearances during his time there,plus a larger one if they got promoted. I'm not sure a sell on fee could be included due to his age and the high compensation payment for someone with 1 year left on a contract.
    Can I add that I wish Mark all the best for his future career,wherever that is. I admire the way he has worked hard to obtain academic qualifications whilst playing football. His pride and joy at finally playing for Barnsley after missing out when he was younger. He is determined to improve as a player and does not take anything for granted nor will he become complacent with this move. I don't understand why a few supporters get angry at the compensation the club receives for transfers, some of the time. I wonder if supporters views are tainted by the immoral figures quoted in the Media for transfers to the Premier league. As I said earlier I don't want to get into a row with anyone, I get upset with the negativity,everytime we sell a player.

3. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I applaud your enthusiasm and optimism but where do you think the goals are going to come from ? I reckon Bradshaw might get 10 likewise Moncur the lad McGeehan might get an handful and maybe Hammill will chip in with a few but who else ? It's just blind faith .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very well said fella. Marc has stepped up brilliantly from Halifax. Living in Halifax I got to see him play before he joined us, and hoped he could step up, but had a few doubts. He's shown that i know nothing. Been a wonderful player and captain, and we have sold him for a very very good fee. Would suggest we ignore sky reports. For now it's probably in our interests to let £3.5 be the figure.

The lads we've signed - Lindsey and Pinnock, alongside Gus and Jackson (and our academy players) need to show what they can do over the next 2 or 3 years.

RedAllOver and Andy Mac like this.
  5. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    This is well put, sir and Marc, I'm sure, is another player who will leave with all our best wishes (except for games against him). The only thing I think the club could have done better is to have understood the value and potential of what it had at the end of 2015/16 and got players on longer arrangements.

I suspect the club/owner had a fear of being relegated with a team on Championship wages again but to me it was clear that the 2016 team was too good for that. Maybe some lessons have been learnt and the fact that most/all the current signings are on three year contracts is positive (if they're any good!) and we have enough in the bank now to cushion the blow of a couple of years in League 1 should the worst happen (remember it took nearly a season and a half for the 2016 team to realise its potential).

RedAllOver likes this.
  6. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't believe for one minute we have any current player on a championship wage.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well Adam Hammill's on more than a good number of what cash rich Bristol City's squad are on as revealed in a thread elsewhere today but my point was about how the club may have viewed the risk of increasing contracts last summer as we ought to have versus the resources available to a side relegated to league 1, where we were making operational losses before any increases, despite trophies, play-offs and promotion.

Water under the bridge now and our highest earner is the only one left!

8. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Adam an exception. We all know that. The player meeting to break the structure etc.

But all these new signings won't be any where near.

I'm happy that we are brining these in. And Will give these the support and chance they deserve.

What I'm not happy with is an entire new squad every year.

To progress on the next step it needs to be staggered.

3 out and say 3 in each window or year.

Not an entire team.

Whilst we are dishing out 3 year contracts as it seems. They all point to one thing.

They will ultimately likely be sold at the same time and we go again.... again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a joke in todays prices.

3.5m for one of the top rated defenders in the championship last season whom is still improving. How much was Harry Maguire again - not half the player of Roberts. All Maguire had was played in prem. Roberts could have done that no problems. Shabby shabby shabby.

Fed up of us giving players away or not having the ambition to get them on decent contract renewals to keep em. Glad i've opted to not get a season ticket this season and spending time with the family instead. If the club aren't prepared to believe in itself then why should i. Yes they will keep saying we buy and sell for a profit but when and how are we to improve year on year when we have to start from fecking scratch every season or bail on on a season in January cos someones wafted a bunch of fifties under our noses..

There comes a point where the fans will think whats the point.

We dont need to sell, we had a platform to improve but now we have taken two backwards again. Utter sickner and two fingers up at those who have already bought season tickets imho.

PLOBBY likes this.
  10. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not £3.5million.

And what are the issues with our new lads?

11. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    dont have an issue with them at all - its just sickening watching someone like roberts and conor leave for next to nowt in todays climate. And how we hae to start from scratch every other season. Its sure never a dull moment down at the well thats for sure.

Wish em the best of luck - I hope to get to a few games too - just glad i've allocated my time to family this season and maybe next too. Will have to see.

I'll probably be doing my nut not been at games but i'll get over it when im off doing other things for a change.

12. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At least one of the players that left recently or is leaving is on less than £1,500 a week. I know this as a first hand fact.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

13. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't Bree on £600?

14. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  15. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the season started tomorrow I would question where goals would come from. Luckily there are still 5 weeks to get the several strikers we need. Midfield could provide a good number of goals, it's up front where we're very much lacking

Baldrick and Jack Tatty like this.