Rumoured 4 clubs after Scowen

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Young Nudger, May 28, 2017.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The promotion of Huddersfield Town proves that a Club from a provincial Town similar to the size of Barnsley can
    do it. We have got to stay positive put our trust in Hecky and his team in the hope they too can find the right formula.
    To my mind, the only way for us to ever aspire to break the cycle we seem caught up in every season is promotion to the Premiership. Mind you I've been telling myself that for twenty years now.

2. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very well said. Took Huddersfield 46 years or something to get back to top flight.

We have to aim for it, but I certainly don't expect it. And I would much rather watch us for 46 years outside of the top flight than risk our long term future in the aim of getting to the promised land.

Huddersfield have shown that clubs our size can do it. They need a good manager (tick), decent core of players picked up for a reasonable price on decent wages, and excellent loan players.

If we recruit well this summer, and get 4 or 5 absolutely quality loans there is no reason we can't challenge top 10 or higher. And if it doesn't happen this year, hopefully we can build a stronger core team and learn our lessons around contracts.

Others will obviously disagree. But my favourite year as a reds fan wasn't the year in the premiership (although enjoyed that), it was probably our promotion the year before or our success last year. Don't think I've ever quite been as happy as those two wins at Wembley.

Success as a football fan is season by season. Absolutely chuffed for Huddersfield. They've deserved it for building their team in the right way. Certainly helped them that Mooy, Brown, Palmer, Ward and Kachunga were all such superb loans. And they also spent a good few million on new signings blended with some excellent free transfers like Payne, Lowe and Hefele.

Majority of their promotion team was put together in the 16/17 year. Which gives me great confidence rebuilding a team and getting success that year can be done with the right manager.

Metatarsal likes this.