Ryan Kent

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by springvale red, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you think that we have a better central midfielder than Conor Hourihane? A better centre half than Alfie Mawson? A better right back than James Bree and a better forward than Winnall? The only position we have improved on trecently is perhaps Morsy being replaced by James ( though a lack of fitness sometimes holds him back). The goalscoring stats certainly don't back you up since our January fire sale. In fact our team is significantly weaker than the one tha won the play off final. Fletcher or Armstrong? Isgrove or Kent? Brownhill or Mowatt?

I believe our players are fully committed and will play every game to their abilities. We are not getting relegated and given the absolutely massive gap in quality between us and Huddersfield it's difficult to see us getting into the play offs. Of course nothing is impossible Ryan Kent could go on to win 200 England caps Adam Armstrong could look like he cared occasionally. Literally anything is possible. However the season petering out and us finishing between 10th and 15th is far more likely. Given the financial limitations we have that's a fantastic achievement and should be celebrated.

2. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The only people getting on his back are people on here and other social media sites. The supporters during matches have been very supportive. If he chooses to read boards like this then he's a fool.

3. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure
    Yes
    Perhaps
    Definitely
    I'm not sure. I'd class the gap between. Us and Huddersfield. As massive. Had we had an compitent referee. Then we'd probably. Have won and they'd have probably ended the game with 9

Saying Armstrong. Looks like he doesn't care is crazy

4. Plankton Pete

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nobody is suggesting we just play out the season. People are reasoning that given our resources and the resources of those teams above us that we're unlikely to make the play-offs. I expect the team to try and win every match, give 100% and run their blood to water. I believe that this simply wont be enough to get us in the top 6. This has nothing to do with a lack of ambition, simply a lack of quality in comparison to other teams around us. Last season we had the edge on quality it just took a while to get the right formation in place and for us to 'click'. Once we did, we were the best team in that league.

5. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Play out the season. Is the exact. Phrase that was used on here

6. Ric

RichieD Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To say being realistic about the Reds' prospects is ridiculous is ….. well sort of ridiculous. If you could get promotion or get into the play-offs by selling your best players and replacing them with an assortment of recruits whilst depositing millions in the bank everyone would do it. The guys are trying their guts out and Hecky has done a great job, often in trying circumstances.

7. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Southampton aren't doing bad.

8. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Realistically we are five points out of the playoffs so we have each lot to pay for

9. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't argue with cheese.

10. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is that the Southampton who have just spent 14.5 million on a forward or a different Southampton that only exist in your mind?

11. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ^^^this thanks for putting it better than me Tyrone makes my brain melt he's so counter-intuitive^^^^

12. RASCAL

RASCAL Member

Wensdehs are 8 points above us, and theirs 3 teams between us.

13. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We will be at them at home.

We can absolutely still make. The playoffs

14. Plankton Pete

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doesn't help when he gives staccato 4 word responses with no evidence to support his opinion.

15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think angus is a good defender and a good replacement for alfie. I think andy yiadom is a better right back than Bree at this moment in time. I think bradshaws all round game is better than Winnall's. Conor is irreplaceable to us but is now a small fish in a big pond. I agree about armstrong he doesn't look interested and Kent may aswell go back for what he offers. He gives a good game every 1 in 5. We should send him back have hedges and hammill on wings and bradshaw and watkins up top. But that's just my opinion.

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Angus is good but nowhere near Mawson level. Doesn't get the goals he did for us and gets bullied too often as he did saturday that put us in the **** on a few occasions. Yiadom is as good as Bree but since coming back from the cup of nations he's struggled. Was at fault for goals in back to back games when returning losing the guy he was marking for the Villa goal and Baldock the other saturday. Bradshaw has a better overall game than Winnall, but being a striker it's goals that people care about. Armstrong and Kent are just two of a growing list showing that we can't just keep bringing in players and expecting them to do well for us, like used to happen alot last season.

17. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't aware we had signed Yiadom to replace Bree. If we did then he's a good player. Much better at left back than right back though. We are still a full back light either way given White's unfortunate injury problems the signing of Elder looks a bit panicky on the surface. McDonalds a good player but not a replacement for Mawson we lack a player who can pass from the back. He has other attributes though seems too much like Roberts sometimes with the same strengths and weaknesses.

I'd have Hammill and Hedges in too. I can't see how they could offer any less but in Hecky we trust.

18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree gus is no where near Mawsons level but he has done great for us and you only have to look at the amount of clean sheets him and robo have given us together hope he signs a new deal in the summer. You say yiadom has made mistakes I've seen bree drop some right ******** in the past few seasons. Scince winnall has left and bradshaw has been given more of a chance he has got 4 goals to Winnall's 1 at wendsday. Kent has been hit and miss all season for me and his defensive side tracking back ect is non existent at times him and jones on the left were scary at times Saturday.

19. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all relative isn't it. They are just doing it at a different level to us. When you get £34M for Mane. £27M for Shaw, £25M for Lallana, £24M for Schneiderlin and £20M for Lovren, you can spend £14M on one player.

20. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the past 5 years they have spent 235 million quid. I think their average net spend is about 10 million a season. In the prem you are right but they got there by buying their way out of L1 and the championship which we did (to an extent in L1) but can't do in the championship. It's a model to aspire to but there was a lot of initial investment that we can't compete with.

Peterborough would possibly be a more realistic comparison.