Saturday @ Fulham

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack-BFC-92, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Jack-BFC-92

Jack-BFC-92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For those that attended or watched on iFollow. Did we play a different system or did we stick with the diamond ? Thanks

2. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looked like a diamond to me. Mowatt at base, Thomas on right, Bahre on left and Woodrow behind attack.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I know diamonds are just about the hardest material known, but this diamond looked quite flexible to me. I though Bähre and Thomas swapped sides a bit, and at times Woodrow dropped back level with them so it looked like 4-1-3-2. However, eventually we noticed that the Fulham back line was a) garbage and b) playing far too high, so we started playing long balls over the top for our front two to use their pace. It worked for Browny's goal, and Chaplin could have had a hat trick from his breaks on the left. Even Collins started playing through balls with huge kicks against the wind. We must have had about 4 or 5 one on ones, including a double one where Woodrow and Chaplin were both through after a Collins orbital clearance, but got in each other's way. A margin of 5 or 6 goals would not have been out of place, Fulham were very lucky to score 0, and to concede just 3 was a great achievement on their part. A fine away day in a sad season.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Connor likes this.
  4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    With this manager it looks like Diamonds are for ever.

Connor and Redhelen like this.
  5. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My son got me a programme from Saturday's game. First impression is that it's smaller than our own
    " Be Red" and at £3-50 is 50 pence more than our programme.

One feature that caught my eye is " Where are they now." Sadly it features the late Chris Barker who
    as we know, unfortunately died on New Years Eve.

Interestingly since quitting football Matty Appleby became a commercial deep sea diver, Chris Morgan
    now works for the Stellar Group Agency, Scott Jones is now a fitness coach and commentator and Bruce
    Dyer has founded Love Life UK and opened his own church in Barnsley.

The remainder have in some form or another, continued to be involved in the game. It says that Kevin Miller is the
    goalkeeping Coach at Truro College. Nicky Eaden has managed Nuneaton Borough, Hednesford and
    Kettering. Eric Tinkler is back in South Africa and has managed Orlando Pirates, Cape Town City, Chippa
    United and Maritzburg United and after leaving Manchester United Soccer School in 2018, Robin Van der
    Laan was appointed as the Manager of Newcastle Town.

It says that Neil Shipperley has managed Bedford, Walton Casuals and North Greenford and doesn't make
    any mention of his recent prosecution for public indecency.

Connor and BobT like this.
  6. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Matty Appleby 's job sounds the most glamorous! I still cant quite believe it about Chris Barker, it's so sad.

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.
  7. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I did notice was. We didn't give them the freedom and space to pump it down the wings. Something that has driven me round the bend since Stendel introduced the Diamond. Also Didn't faf about with the stupid goal kick tactic.