Season ticket renewal

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gawber Red, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I no longer have to ask for a refund because I would have, it may be worse it may be better but going into a season knowing it would be the current none football made decorating and Meadowhall sound appealing.

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  2. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, must admit it didn’t feel like a 7-0
    No it’s didn’t feel like a trouncing of that magnitude, not that it’s something I have much experience of. upload_2024-4-23_16-18-20.jpeg

3. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was o.k for a casual perv.

Juddy G likes this.
  4. In4

In4reds Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Weird start to a very weird season, the away form up to recently amazing home form the total opposite. I can remember saying 10 games in saying I've no idea where we will finish and then sack the coach who got us into 5th could it be any more Barnsley.

5. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree and was saying the same to someone not so long ago. We won 7-0 and my reaction in the group chat was "Well, that was odd" - not a celebration, not an adrenaline rush or any great positive. I was happy with the win obviously but not as happy as I should have been.

Contrast that with the 7-1 against Huddersfield where I left the ground on one of the biggest highs I've felt at Oakwell, almost as good as beating Man United 3-2 in the cup and some of the Premier League games.

And that's part of the problem I think. For much of this season we matched or bettered Duff's season but it always felt flat, disappointing, emotionless. Yes, I want to see us win but a part of going to Oakwell is to be entertained, to be part of a collective that builds an atmosphere, to enjoy the time I spend there. Unfortunately, that's where Collins really failed to deliver, despite being top 5 for most of the season it never felt enjoyable.

Micky Finn likes this.
  6. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Funny innit. When I made my comments on here following the first match people couldn't understand how scoring 7 goals didnt leave me feeling excited. I have been bored at most if not all home matches this season such was the quality of the entertainment.