see British soldiers are using JC as target practice now

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mark Stephenson, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Gi' oer...there's loads of people who are very talented at 'sniping' as they spend a lot of time practising on this BB ;)
    This sort of thing will have gone on for years but without the oxygen of social media and the rise of the 'professionally offended' it would barely cause a ripple. Never been in the military but spent a lot of time with military socially at all ranks when touring Germany (Rhine army) and places in a band . Lots of gallows humour and 'without any malice' as you say. I suspect in combat zones the pressure of existence adds an edge.

Redhelen and portsmouth tyke like this.
  2. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It cant

Durkar Red likes this.
  3. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Somone in that room shared them on social media. That is the issue really in all this, not the bad taste prank.

MarioKempes and ScubaTyke like this.
  4. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree , there have been reports of the chain of command breaking down in certain units particularly in Afghanistan, mention of rogue units , this may be a symptom of a lengthy conflict . What struck me most about the footage was how naff it looked , young lads with pellet guns looking totally unprofessional, the Army need a kick up the backside or amalgamation with the Navy and RAF where discipline and professionalism is more rigorously enforced

5. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Look how Goldthorpe got slaughtered in those papers and from some of the same people defending it on here.
    Ses s lot really

anstonred likes this.
  6. Hom

Homer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He agreed to the talks so he could get inside No 10. Only chance he will ever have to get into it

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  7. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See my post about Civil Service Clerical/ Admin workers under the threat of serious disciplinary action for their actions. The ‘Standards of Behaviour’ policy is usually strictly acted upon if breached, and that can mean anything from a minor motoring offence to Murder. Or even Whistleblowing. So yes I expect Her Majesty’s Soldiers not to simulate assassinating the leader of the Oppsition and show videos/pictures of the act on Social Media or anywhere else

JamDrop and anstonred like this.
  8. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think unless you have been in their position you aren't qualified to pass judgement.

9. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought the meetings were in May's offices at Westminster?

10. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At last a bit of light relief.

I’d agree and that particularly applies to the Club/players performances. Time to shut down the site Gally.

11. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I saw an interview with their Brigadier who stated it was completely unacceptable.........................two of em missed.!

Seriously, two points:
    Predictably the Brigadier's back in UK while they're in Afghanistan
    Secondly, how do politicians demanding "standards of behaviour" acquiesce to a member of parliment taking a significant vote on this country's future a few weeks after leaving prison for perverting the course of justice (while wearing a tag and under curfew). They havent been in a hurry to pass legislation to ban convicts from being MPs so its a bit rich them getting all high and mighty about a couple of squaddies having a laugh

ScubaTyke likes this.
  12. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know I would go that far, most people have actually played football..... :rolleyes:

13. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Utter nonsense. It's not like we're passing judgment on split second decisions taken in the heat of battle

14. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On first seeing this I was a bit bemused as paras wouldnt normally carry sidearms. On looking into it a bit they are driving/bodyguarding dignatories/foreign staff around who are terrorist targets. I wouldnt want to do that in Afghanistan. The yanks found in Vietnam (and us in Northern Ireland) that constant exposure to threat has an effect much the same as a single life threatening event that would trigger PTSD. I do not think it is fair to pass judgement without looking through the same prism as the those you seek to judge. They need a release valve. In these days of the internet lots of people have become good at being offended by stuff that previously went largely un-noticed.
    Not worth getting angry over, like I said earlier you might get angry about a convict MP (who's shown zero remorse) making decisions about your future and getting a **** load of your tax money for doing it

ScubaTyke likes this.
  15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What do you base this on? The discipline in the Army, the infantry in particular, is the highest standard (along with the Marines) in the Armed Forces. I'm speaking from experience when I say the discipline is of the highest standard possible. It some ways it is because of the strict discipline that young lads blow off steam and at times go over the top. When soldiers to step out of line they are punished and often the punishment is not for the fainthearted. I did go onto RAF and Navy camps during my service and they always seemed to have better facilities and were treated more like humans whereas we were always like robots where the strict rule of obedience was paramount. 99% of what the Army does is highly professional and carried out by the most professional, dedicated and best trained soldiers in the world; this is why when something goes wrong it is headline news.

16. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It does say a lot you're right. I found the effigy burning to be in poor taste but it was harmless and I understood why it happened so it didn't bother me. I found the shooting at a picture on a target to be in poor taste but it was harmless and I understood why it happened so it didn't bother me. It seems to be the people who applauded the burning of an effigy who are the most outraged by the target. It's a strange world that we live in.

17. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Give it time... If the EU gets its way that's what future generations to come face .. Dictatorship.... Sorry if this reply hijacks the thread it might not happen in my life time but in my opinion my grand kids, kids will if we aren't careful

dekparker likes this.
  18. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    When did I applaud the effigy burning ?
    Have you evidence of this or are you assuming ?
    Seems to me you like to make your own scenarios to compliment your accusations .
    Incidentally Thatchers actions resulted in the deaths of miners and the arrest and life changing actions of others plus the decimation of our snd others Towns .
    Remind me again what Corbyns done?

19. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well most of us have run around in the back yard with toy guns but (surprisingly for the range of comments on this site) if I were guessing wildly, I suspect few have played the professional game - my point.

20. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    just a thought here..you cant go into any ex military/surplus store and buy a red beret and camo gear, are we all sure these are actually paras? every pigeon shooter and rabbiter in the country has got the stuff lol