Seems the team are getting together to sort tactics out.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by jax2, Mar 25, 2018.

1. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Firstly it doesn't take the players to get together to form tactics as there are many on here far more knowledgable on what we should do. As such ill add my two penneth.

Our tactics and game plan have been terrible all season. We have won few games and even worse lost games to teams who have turned up at oakwell and looked poor on the day i.e. Hull, Fulham, Cardiff, Burton, Reading etc.

Back at the time it was a sad state of affairs but reality that we couldn't compete to keep one let alone 6-7 players.Hecky and the board had 3 transfer windows to bring players in to replace the departing Hourihane, Watkins, Scowan. They failed.

Now we appoint a manager who clearly doesn't follow Heckys formation (neither did i), who is having to evaluate and pick players he didn't bring in, who are well below the quality needed. We now blame him. Hecky has been toting his wares for a while and couldn't get out quick enough but we blame the one who has made a choice to help and take up a **** cart position. But lets blame him.

The players who haven't even earned their salary let alone the right to choose how we play, who plays and what formation are in revolt (so we hear). If true i would support the manager to get shut of whoever are the ones causing unrest.

We don't know if Morais is a good manager or not, he hasn't had the responsibility long enough, brought in any players and has only just completed his backroom team. We all knew he had inherited a potentially relegation structured squad. Why are we surprised that he didn't have a magic wand to cure all our ills.

The issues today aren't something manifested over the past 3 weeks. They have been around a while. We haven't managed to improve our squad through 3 transfer windows, we haven't managed to get a balance of experience and youth and right now we are still, in March trying to figure out what our best formation / team is. Sad but true.

2. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Badshaw. Lol.

Kieffer Poore.
    Mamadou Thiam To Admit You're Not A Footballer.

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

#Barnsleyfc full back Danny Pinillos says the players meeting was not because they are unhappy with the tactics under Morais but simply to discuss the games and their position.

He maintains the players are happy with Morais and what he is trying to achieve.

^^^^^ from Twitter

wakeyred likes this.
  4. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is zero evidence to support that claim though.

5. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know that. But when he left us, we were in a better position than we are now - that is a fact. We're only out of the bottom 3 on goal difference - despite having the Player Of The Month for February.

I can't find a link for the league table as of January 17, but we were at least 5 points away from relegation if I remember correctly. And that was without our January signings.

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only one of which is having any real impact!

7. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally agree apart from the formations bit - they are largely irrelevant given our virtually total lack of quality

8. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I’ve learned this week for all of the sensationalised posts on here and elsewhere is that someone’s only ‘in the know’ if their source knows what’s going on in the first place.

So much has been made of both the Hammill story and the players’ meeting yet the former has been confirmed by Radio Sheffield as being a work of fiction and the latter was exaggerated and posted without reference to JM being both aware of and consenting to said meeting.

I can’t help but feel that the source is simply a disgruntled employee or relative who has caught half a story and jumped to conclusions.

Anyway, roll on Friday. Onwards and upwards.

9. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Most likely an agent.

10. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So Morais has taken the same/similar level of players and taken us on the brink of the relegation zone.

If Hecky had McBurnie in his side then we'd be nowhere near this mess. Kin Swansea.

11. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is pure speculation. We can never know the answer to it because the bloke is a ******* coward.

When he pissed off after Fulham ( I think) we were where we are now

ScubaTyke likes this.
  12. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I read this morning with interest that after recent poor form the Arsenal players held a players meeting , not to have a go at Venger but more to discuss their form , which highlights that players meetings are not uncommon .

13. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've said this before, talk comes cheap. Holding a players meeting shows that at least they care.
    On occasions our players have appeared to be insouciant. Starting from tomorrow they
    need to compensate for what they probably lack in ability by fighting like tigers for every
    single ball and put their body on the line for the cause. Despite what some have been saying,
    relegation is not a foregone conclusion. If we show some "guts" out on the pitch, we can still
    salvage something from the season, which at best, thus far, has been very disappointing.

14. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I don't think we would have been any better off had Hecky still been here. His last 7 games brought exactly the same return as Joses first 7 have - 5 points.

We only seem worse because Bolton and Hull have improved and pulled away.

We haven't improved or worsened. Just stayed the same, scoring 1 goal a game drifting along aimlessly and inviting the teams below us to overtake us.

15. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was our goal scoring record like in those last 7 games under the Coward?

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothing wrong with players having a meeting, if indeed Morais was telling the truth when he said he knew about it. Shows that they care enough to probably speak a few home truths to eachother.

Plenty on here when the news story broke last sunday, didn't believe it. Guess again The Sun were correct about us.

17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the end of the day we’ll never know the truth. Even if it was done behind his back they aren’t going to turn up to a press conference & admit that.

Hopefully he knew all about it & that’s all any of us can say unless someone on here’s in the know