Sky coverage

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by mansfield_red, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He went through a spell for a few years where he was favourite or got every job going with no cv to back it up. I still can’t work it out.

Think he must’ve got some photos of a load of chairman in a strip club or brothel

2. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree mate.

In a South Riding interview, 1990 ish, Ronnie Glavin said something similar to the last sentence of yours. That playing for Hunter was wonderful, they had such self belief and were going to win every game they played. He also said that he often saw opponents literally shi!tting themselves before kick off.

3. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Literally? And often?

4. Met

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His words. I'll see if I can find the passage (no pun).

5. Met

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think the interview covered three issues. The bit I was referring to was in issue 7. Reading them you could sense how all the players respected Hunter and would have run through walls for him.[​IMG]

6. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    WOW, that is a great share. Swap Aylott for Moore & it reads quite similarly in many ways. Not sure we have Ronnie in our team sadly, but the spirit & mentality certainly. Who says Ethan Pinnock might play for England in a few years?

Metatarsal likes this.
  7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

It's easy to say we were always going to do well the last time we were relegated we were one of the favourites to go straight back up we had one of the biggest budgets but it didn't happen for many reasons. Sheffield United had the biggest budget and the highest wage bill when they were in this league but it took them 6 seasons to get out of it. We're 3rd and playing good football so far so good.

If I took a job at a bigger company for more money who were renowned for treating staff like crap and sacking frequently I can't then moan about it when it happens. Made his bed and all that. The main reason he was sacked was he turned a team going for play offs into a mid table team and their form was relegation form with a 30million pound+ squad. He played one up top and showed nothing to suggest he would have Leeds in the top ten the season after. he had lost the fans and the season ticket sales would of took a hit had he not been sacked.

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not talking about budgets.

We were second favourites because we’d got a talented group of young players who’s biggest problem had been that they nearly all joined at once with no championship experience.

We’d almost got 2 players for every position & plenty of players that most teams in league 1 would want & will only get better with experience (Moore, Potts, Moncur, Mowatt, Lindsay, Pinnock, Cavare, Jackson, hopefully Hedges & Isgrove obviously Bradshaw too before he was sold).

The last time we came down we were a shambles with barely any senior players left. The club had a pre-season trip to Italy & about the only senior players there were Nyatanga, M’Voto & Jennings with Cranie, Steele & O’Grady left at home to find new clubs. Last time round it was a full rebuilding job.

This time round the general consensus was get a decent holding midfielder in (which we did, Dougall) & not to lose more than 1 or 2 (only Bradshaw) & we’d got a great chance of going straight back up.

He ****** it at Leeds by losing the first couple, after that there’s nothing for the players to play for other than contracts & most of them are still there so that wasn’t a concern. 3/4ers of the league with something to play for & they didn’t is a bad combo like us after January a couple of times in the last 10 years

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I wasn't soley speaking of budgets I was making the point it's okay been favourites or 2nd favourites but it doesn't always mean you will or give you any right to be promoted villa this is their 3rd season in the championship Sheffield United in league one favourites for 6 seasons pompey were favourites in league 2 every season for God knows how many...

I agree with you on the last time we were relegated it was a mess the reason I mentioned it as people we only a few months ago comparing the relegated squads.

Yeah but 2 wins was it from February to may and one was against us was poor. A lad at my work is a Leeds season ticket holder he is from Leeds and lives there. At 1st he thought it was a good appointment but told me hecky very rarely played two uptop and the football was poor. You could be right but I don't think a manager like say Warnock would just join and let his players roll over because were nearly out of the play off race. Heckys next job will be interesting he has excuses why he left but he showed no signs he would keep us up, he has excuses over the Leeds job. Next job will be interesting but he will need to hit the ground running were ever he goes probley be league 1 or 2.