Slo update

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Bondy, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In response to a couple of recent enquiries.

Firstly the trouble on the concourses for Leeds and Huddersfield games.

We have all seen the facebook photos etc.

Both the games were Police attended games.

I can confirm that at least one arrest was made by Police regarding the Huddersfield incidents and the matter is ongoing. I understand that the Huddersfield Newspapers are commenting today. I'm sure we will hear further in due course.

Regarding capacity attendances at Oakwell, the exact capacity is around 23,000.
    However, as we all know with only half of the West Stand in action, plus the gable ends in the other side, under repair, approx 3,000 seats aren't available. You also have to allow for the internal disabled area, Brittania Drilling corner stand, Directors box and segregation.

Finally, i am still getting comments over poor quality of speakers in some parts of the ground. The system has been checked regularly.
    Can i ask that for our game against Ipswich, any fans who still believe their area of the ground is still affected, posts on BBS their section of the ground , so that i can follow up.

2. springvale red

springvale red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    volume was that loud it woke the eaststand up !!

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So in the year we have recorded our highest ever turnover, we have 13% of the ground closed due to not being NFFP. Shouldn't come as a surprise really.

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but why is only half of the West Stand in action?

5. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But the question was why can't we sell tickets at the north side of the west stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Fra

Fraser32 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FAO BONDY.....Can you shed some light on the following.

I find it really strange how the North stand allocation has now gone from 5500 for Newcastle (let alone 6000/5800 a few years ago) to 4600, it's getting beyond embarrassing, and is quite frankly a disgrace! In one season Newcastle had 5500, Leeds then had 5200, now Hudds and Wednesday are getting capped at 4600!! Are South Yorkshire police making a call on this, how can they stop 1000 seats being sold!!

Also, I can't see how a big block of the East Lower can't be sold, the East and the north don't even join onto each other! Other grounds have similar/smaller concourses, and have stands that join onto each other, and they don't have all this!

The last thing...is the NORTH half of West stand now completely out of use for good!!

7. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I attended the Wolves game in ESU just over halfway line North side . As an ex musician and also having worked as a theatre audio pre post production sound engineer, given I am now partly deaf I found the output from the speakers almost painful at times. I commented to my mate that it probably was exceeding the legal SPLs I thinks I used the words "bloody hell ..." when it started. Don't know if it is a multi channel system where the levels are adjustable for individual zones but ESU was definitely unpleasantl!!

8. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Left side of ponty as viewed from pitch (by corner stand). PA is loud enough but inaudible.

9. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ESL middle - volume seems fine but we get some loud crackles at times and occasionally the music will pause for a second before restarting.

10. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    SYP have done the same at the Sty.

11. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fraser32
    Yes Police are involved with size of away following and if Leeds and Huddersfield are the latest example, the allocation will get lower!!!
    Thanks for comments over PA system. The system appears to have several " soft spots " around the ground as well as deafening some of you as well.
    The West stand as you are all aware is having some remedial work done to roof and guttering. Clearly a new stand is not an option at this time and except for a couple of occasions the ground is adequate. The Huddersfield attendance was due to reduced ticket prices. The club is not ignoring comments over the West Stand, but, they have other priorities at this time. As soon as i am able to gain any information / cost senarios regarding the "closed" area of West Stand i will report back.

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So basically if stewards and syp did their jobs propely and prevented grown men and young adults behaving like morons we would be able to have more away fans. Because of their incompetentce we can't.

13. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The full report on last saturday is not yet available, however, given the number of fans misbehaving, not sure what you can expect the stewards to control. They have to report back, to their line management and action taken, which happened on Saturday. Arrests were made and again, both clubs are looking into the matter.

14. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just to mention i am one of the "idiots" doing this walk. I'll bring a big pad to collect all your queries.
    Two days should be enough to cover any questions.

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bondy, have you had any response as to why nothing has been done to improve visibility around the bollards despite numerous promises being made? It's things like this (very simple issues being raised again and again for months and sometimes years but still ignored) that makes the club look incompetent. It's got to the point now where the sun has done BFC's job for it but no doubt the issue will still be there next winter.

16. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ask the Huddersfield. Town supporters association. What opinion. They have about Saturday

Because from the horses mouth. "we are not making a statement. As we want to encourage concourse culture. As it generates a better atmosphere '

17. Fra

Fraser32 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So a 6000 stand will be a 4500 stand because some fans cause some trouble inside it. It just doesn't add up, many other grounds in the country will have issues on a match-day but will still sell out a stadium!! If people start causing trouble then police should eject them straight away.

The lower block of the East Lower is the really bad one as well, these are good seats that shouldn't be blocked for sale!! Until the West stand is drastically improved or replaced then with these new 'rules' our gates aren't going to be any higher than 16-18000 as a lot of people just won't go in the west, and the Ponty/East soon fills up!

18. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's wrong with the tower block at the rear of the east stand. For clarification I assume you mean the staircase

19. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    By reducing the capacity against leeds it caused more trouble as a few dozen just sat in home ends and celebrated when they scored causing it to kick off all around the ground. Only other issues were flares thrown on pitch....solution search people or get syp to bring a few sniffer dogs and climbing on steals.... solution get some anti vandal paint and a sign telling people the beams have the paint on and bfc accepts no responsibility if people chose to climb on a beam. Not sure why blokes in their 30s would want to climb on a steal beam covered in piogen **** mind you didn't they have a childhood.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  20. bfc

bfchris Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My understanding is that it is the independent safety group that has restricted away fans, not SYP