So out means remain

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by portsmouth tyke, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Quite a large number did have racist and specifically islamophobic reasons though. Certainly not all by any means but a lot

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Xerxes named specific people and false claims they couldn’t be taxed under pu
    The source you gave me is not in relation to Xerxes comments nor does it relate to his statement.

3. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i can see your points but in fairness to the leave voters who i speak to,which is pretty much every single person that walks through my shop door,their resentment toward the Eu was more to do with the fact that the original common market vote was simply for a trading bloc not a political one,people on the leave side simply do not want to be part of a european parliament,we have our own government and do not need or want another.

I am of the firm belief had the Eec remained what was originally laid out then we would not be in the mess we currently find ourselves in.

I am also of the belief that given the way the eu is handling the divorce they are doing nothing more than driving an even bigger wedge between leave voters and themselves.,many people campaigning for a second vote believe that a large part of those that voted leave would now change their minds if asked to vote again,I dont subscribe to this as so far I have not heard one person give me reason to think that this would happen.One chap on another forum told me yesterday that he voted remain but he now perceives the Eu as not giving a toss about the british public and that they are more interested in their own well being than ours and he would now vote leave,he is now at the point of telling the eu to stick the deal they are trying to force on teresa may and if need be,leave with no deal.

On the day of vote the media seemed **** sure that we would vote remain,forums like this seemed also to think this way and I got shouted down for saying i didnt agree as everyone I was speaking to, barring the odd one, was voting leave,my gut feeling was correct then and two years later i see or hear nothing to change my mind.Forget polls broadcast over the bbc,i've never trusted them anyway,I go on what i hear personally,if i'm right i'm right and if i'm wrong i'm wrong,i'll take it on the chin.

Having said this maybe different areas have different gut feelings,a shop keeper in somewhere like oxford maybe hearing quite the opposite.

Austiniho likes this.
  4. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dek, I get the point but we can hardly moan about the EU nations wanting the best for their citizens - were not falling over ourselves to do our best for the EU!
    A lot of people are fed up with the whole thing - I myself would be except for the carnage that is the Tory govt - it’s like watching a House of Cards series (only better)!
    The phrases I’m most sick of “undemocratic”, “in the national interest” and the most divisive of them all, the arrogant “we won, you lost” - in my opinion, we’ll all lose!

5. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    deffo you cant blame them for wanting the best deal for their citizens,however this does not mean its the best deal for us and certainly doesnt mean we should accept whats been put on the table

anstonred likes this.
  6. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Outstanding post

7. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So we should accept no deal then?

8. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i would accept no deal over what i've seen over the last few days.The agreement they are trying to force upon us more or less keeps us tied in with no say on the matter,with the eu making concessions on the free movement of people because they and May think that the leave vote was purely down to immigration...

Austiniho likes this.
  9. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And you genuinely think there would be a majority in favour of no deal Brexit?

10. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A i have not said that and B,the referendum was in or out,not in or out and depending on what the eu pressure us into we might change our minds,i voted out and want out,deal or no deal,I am prepared to lay the cards on the table and see what happens,I still dont think that the worse case senario will be no deal,i cannot see the likes of bmw,audi,vw,fiat,lambo etc plus all the veg and fruit growers and whoever else exports to us allowing the eu to cost them our markets,i simply do not see that happening.

We need a brexit supporter negotiating,not a remainer,May never wanted out and i feel this deal thus far illustrates this.

11. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Racism is not taking control of the country’s borders or wanting not to be part of a European Government, or a single currency... racism is “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.”

The press and many people on here have pressed that anyone voting leave should be ashamed because they are racist, stupid, thick, etc. This smacks of a cheap tactic, as cheap as the bus slogans for remain.

I could also say that a lot of the young people voted as they believed they wouldn’t be able to have a gap year in Thailand... it’s mud slinging to try and gain votes by the same immature tactics that were used by both sides of the vote.

The people shouting racist are in my opinion trying to inflict their own views by intimidation and name calling.

sadbrewer likes this.
  12. ark

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The latest on Brexit seems like having signed up for a vasectomy and then on the day the surgeon turns round and says sorry we can't do that now, the only option is castration.

Not sure in that case many people would say "Hmmm. Don't like sound of that. Ah well, I said I didn't want any more kids so I best crack on"

ScubaTyke likes this.
  13. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

To be honest mate, remain or leave... the EU will have our nuts...

14. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The fact some people think we can rip up agreements and insurances that we were part responsible of drawing up just because we’ve had a referendum-is
    ludicrous imo.
    The notion by self centred politicians such as Boris and Bone etc that we can just walk away from 45 years of legislation that we put our names to and have no consequences is nonsense .
    Who the hell woujd sign deals with a country that if it doesn’t get its own way takes the ball home?
    The fact EU officials are holding us to our agreement are being slandered by self centred rags as the sun who in one week of rememberabce puts never again etc then the very next day prints how we should piss off the rest of the EU.
    The very notion of not standing by our commitments is a concern for me and nils any referendum result that would even infer we do so

ScubaTyke, BFC Dave and shenk1 like this.
  15. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    junker,tusk and co are doing their level best to keep us in and i genuinely feel theres a little hatred and contempt towards us,especially the 17 million who voted leave..what they are doing was highly predictable and anyone with half ounce of sense knew this stance would be forthcoming,however they really can ill afford to lose us as we are one of the biggest net contributors,if in 1975 we were told that we would wind up with a net trade deficit of 80 billion annually plus we would be a net contributor then i seriously doubt we would even have entered the common market.
    comparing brexit negotiations to vasectomies is a bit rubbish and daft imo and is not helpful in trying to get a point across..there was enough evidence and talk around before the vote to suggest that there could well be a no deal divorce,i think people were well aware this was a possibility,the likes of nick clegg,most of the labour party and indeed most of the tories were at pains to get this point across in an effort to steer the masses into a vote to remain,what they didnt account for were many of the 17 million had made their minds up years ago.

we've been through the pro's and cons a thousand times,we've been told we wernt educated enough to have had the vote,even tho we are educated enough to cast our votes in general,local and indeed eu elections,people have been called little englanders(even junker has used this phrase,even tho his political background is right wing),xenophobes,racists,etc,all this didnt and hasnt worked,the people voted leave and leave it must be,that is democracy.

16. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    there has always been an option to bail out even tho i strongly believe many eu top brass would take this clause out if it were up to them.I agree with your points that we have been part of the whole set up,however this is not what was proposed 40 years ago and as soon as the electorate got the chance they voted to leave.

I do not believe that the eu has kept peace since WW2,i believe this was more down to the occupation of germany by us our allies and the russians,we camped in their yard to stop them starting a war again after their two failed attempts to take europe by force...germany may not like this but it is the truth.

17. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The referendum did not say we should just rip up all the rules we helped put in place .
    We voted leave and we leave on terms we helped draw up whilst in the EU .
    No amount of tub thumping by Boris and co should be allowed to spill into the process and. the demonising of the EU is feeding into the little englanders of someone other than us is to blame.
    The fact Barnier and Junker are holding us to the rules which Boris doesn’t like is immaterial and causes long term resentment imo .
    Just Leaving isn’t suited to Boris because he wants political gain out of this and if that means making infuriating remarks about the process or individuals so be it as far as Boris is concerned because it’s all immaterial in his scheme of things .
    There has been other wars in non EU Eureopean countries .but non in EU , that’s not just a coincidence imo.

Jimmy viz, ScubaTyke and anstonred like this.
  18. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the eu cannot force what they want on us either and who was said you cant leave without a deal,junker on friday said there could be a deal,no deal or what he would like to see,a remain.,infuriating remarks are also being made in brussels so theres no point in holding johnson responsible for it all.

the deal teresa may has got on the table is pathetic,we might as well not have had the vote,

and here we go again..just because someone wants out they are little englanders..ffs..go and tell scargill and dennis skinner they're little englanders marlon

the eu are playing hardball ,if you are happy with that then thats your choice marlon,i on the other hand want a more robust approach from our side.i dont think there will be a no deal brexit because its in no one interest,however a **** deal for us is only in favourable for the eu and this cannot be allowed to happen..

i stand by my point on us and the russians keeping the germans in line,the other wars were civil and wars of independence,not countries trying to do what the germans did.and take over a continent

19. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It’s nothing to do with just cos people are wanting out that they are little englanders. it’s the pathetic we are right and all the others are wrong attitude that makes them little Engjanders even though we were part of making the rules which is what the EU are implementing and all of a sudden they are wrong .
    If Scargill is implying the same rhetoric as Boris then I will call him a little Englanders also but most on the left wing want to stay in the customs union anyway. I don’t know why you would think I’d follow what someone says blindly yes he was right during and after the miners strike but he’s wrong imo on this .
    Your stance on the Germans wanting to take over the continent and only us and Russia are stopping them is a tad extreme imo . I think we should fear Russia more than Germany and a strong Europe is doing just that imo as they would have annexed more than Crimea if the EU and to an extent the USA hadn’t intervened diplomatically .
    A no deal isn’t the terms Boris is indicating as he wants us to just jump ship do he can capitalise on the chaos ,
    A no deal is leaving the EU on the terms and rules already in place which we were part of before the referendum.
    The EU and Britain are negotiating trade and corporation agreements extra to the terms in the Lisbon treaty.and the right of the Tory party are wanting self destruct

ScubaTyke likes this.
  20. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Maths obviously not your strong suit.