so thats the first cherry picked from our tree...Watkins

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Don't get me wrong, I liked having marley with us. A great trier and now and then a bit of skill and very good movement, especially from out wide. For two years, and granted he had an injury for a month or two, he wasn't a regular fixed starter.

We all knew he was going, and I just feel a bit rankled he hasn't quite shown the respect to Hecky and the club for helping to develop him. His interview on his wales call up I thought lacked class and dignity and I thought he was better than that. the way the interview ran, I'd almost feel he's asking his agent to negotiate his next move from Norwich already.

Just a bit poor from him. But hey ho, that's football.

2. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was Marly a cherry?. Was not a regular starter. Has he played enough and proved enough to be a real asset? Not quite sure about this. Considering the above i think it's rather bonkers that he has moved upwards (allegedly) and not sidewards.
    Funny old game this is in the modern era.

3. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As per usual - now one of our players leaves - this message board reverts to calling that player at best average - or at worst c.rap.
    Marley is a top player - and comments he made of breaking up a winning team are very true.

Would imagine Norwich are £££millions in debt.
    But they must have a rich board of directors - we haven't.
    We have an owner that believes we are a small club.......so we will remain a small club while he is in charge.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  4. wdu

wdu6132 Member

Agree doesnt hurt to say thankyou to a club that has put everything into them and given them a platform to progress, unless he has done that somewhere earlier but always nice on the parting new club statement

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

5. hav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    N

6. hav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not said crap or average at all just stating a fact that his pedigree is not proven. In view of this it's difficult to understand how staying at oakwell would not appeal to him, or even that the club value him to the extent that a decent contractual offer was made.

7. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    that is one of the most Odious comments on here for a good many days. If was not for Mr Cryne then by now we would not even have a club, You are totally ungrateful 'Ladies front bottom' but we do not expect much else from you these days. If you want to have a club with bigger buck owners then why not **** off to one .... just take a look back over the years and see what this "SMALL CLUB" has done. there are many many clubs in the EFL and National league who would give their arms to have a quarter of our days in the sun. This "Small Club" is one to be totally proud of and its also one that commands a huge amount of respect in British football. But once again Nudger you let us all know what a huge unfeeling pratt you really are.

Rant over.... oh and no I will not apologise for this rant, and if the admin ban me then so be it...but that statement totally lit my fuse

Donny Red likes this.
  8. YTB

YTBFC Guest

You clearly care about the club, otherwise you wouldn't post as often as you do. Which makes me wonder why you don't attend games.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  9. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No I wouldn't ban you.
    Some good points made there.
    Obviously uncalled for comments when you lower yourself to call someone a *****.
    But that's what certain people such as yourself do when they haven't the brain power to debate a point.
    So by saying things like that - it actually makes you look like the name you have called them.

As always - cut out the abuse and concentrate on arguing the point.

10. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    but you seem to have this bee in your bonnet about our ambitions , and you also seem to try to pillory the people who have done their best to keep us going in the correct direction in the most honest way, people who have nothing but love for the Barnsley Football club and the Barnsley people. I will retract my 'Ladies Front bottom ' simile and apologise to the board and its members for that. But its way time that you started appreciating what our owner really does believe and just exactly what he has done for this club.... and in many respects to the detriment of his health and the worries of his family. The man has had a banner passed over the heads of the fans in the same manner as the Rev.T.Preedy...that's just what an icon he is at this club....but if you cannot appreciate that then that's your opinion.

11. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Daniel Farke said ' he played well last season' . Farke off pal you ain't ever heard of him before you joined Norwich . Good look Marley enjoy your 10 grand a week not bad for a 1 in 5 striker/winger .

12. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I had great respect for Marley and Josh and wish them both well.....but sadly in my personal opinion neither Marley, Josh and James Bree have the skill set to last in the Premiership. ( not too sure about Conor).
    There are players in the top league who are stronger, faster and have a greater speed of thought than they do.

They managed to step up from Division One to the Championship but it's a massive leap in class up to the Premiership.
    Isgrove ( Southampton) and Fletcher ( West Ham) are testimony to that fact.

As I've said in an earlier post Adam Hammill struggled at Wolves, Hignett and Ward didn't pull up many trees at Blackburn, nor did Tiler and Curry at Forest, Robinson and Chopra at Newcastle / Sunderland the list goes on.

In our one and only Premiership season I sat in the East Stand lower concourse area nearer to the Ponte end.
    The speed of Michael Owen from a standing start, he was like greased lightning, the guile of Berkamp and Overmars the power and control of Vialli and the artistry of Ginola to name but a few.

The current sides in the top league are littered with players of outstanding quality and as much as I like the boys who served us well and are now sadly moving on...... sorry but for my money their limit is the Championship and if they stepped up any higher I believe they would find it extremely difficult to cement a place in many teams in the Premiership.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Extremely Northern likes this.
  13. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Marley had signed a new contract at Oakwell would we still be calling him a bit part player? Big contribution in the last two years and he will be sorely missed. It comes back to simple economics, he's a free agent, we don't pay Championsip money and he has a limited time frame to maximise his earnings. He established himself as a decent Championship player and can therefore expect Championship pay. Our business model is based on sustainability and we can't compete with multi-millionaire owners and clubs with parachute payments. If we get contracts better negotiated we can perhaps monetise players more effectively.

We need to consistently find value from lower leagues and hope this will be good enough to sustain our Championship position. It is quite clear, and best illustrated by the Morsey debacle, that we are unwilling and unable to pay the same level as our rivals. Unless Hecky can unearth and nurture a new crop of talent the next season will be a tough one.

14. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

If he's a top player, we'll expect to see him in the premier league soon eh?

Just because people don't rate him as highly as you do it doesn't make you right and them wrong.

It's a matter of opinions, just like you repeatedly give your opinion of our current owner. Not everyone agrees with you, or that you should keep banging on given his current state of health.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Extremely Northern likes this.
  15. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You probably won't remember but you once posted encouraging violence against women. That was the most odious post I read on here.

16. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was he? Not how I interpreted his comments but BFC will always be a victim to some on here.

17. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I consider myself a person who greatly admires the work Patrick has done for the club.
    Without him there wouldn't be a club.
    People who read my posts will confirm this.

However, he needs to do what he did with isoft and get out there and sell the club to a person or company with a much bigger buying power.
    I only wish Patrick was a multi BILLIONAIRE.

Patrick himself told me about 7 years ago that he was in it for the short term and wanted to sell the club on.
    What happened?
    The post by Conan directed at Dragon.
    Jeez !!!
    Its all make believe int it.
    Anyone can make outlandish claims can't they.
    But to back those outlandish claims you need EVIDENCE.
    So you need EVIDENCE of this claim - or you could have problems.

18. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Did you mean to quote me in that bizarre post?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

19. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't find your post about young boys being bum raped but I know you said it.

It was in reference to something quite trivial as I recall. He was talking about a female entertainer he didn't like and said she should be beaten black and blue or he would happily see her given two black eyes. Summat like that.

20. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry to bash on but Marley Watkins is not a TOP player. He is a good honest toiler at Championship level trust me.
    Regarding Partick Cryne you guys did it with the flag. To my mind a delegation from this board should contact Graham
    Ibbeson and see what he would want to sculpt a statue of Patrick Cryne alongside the Reverend Tiverton Preedy and place it
    on a plinth on the concourse near the Ticket Office behind the Ponte Road end as a permanent reminder to present and future
    generations as to who founded us and who saved us.

PC' s only motive has been to protect our famous Club and through his personal generosity and the skill of those around him has played an important part in steering us to the Championship and has hopefully laid the foundation for the Club to become financially self sufficient at some point in the not too distant future. If he does sell I feel sure that any transaction will only take place if the proposed new owner(s) show the same levels of responsibility , humility and commitment Patrick himself has demonstrated during his tenure.

To my mind we should be forever grateful to him and his family for their commitment to our cause.
    He deserve bouquets not brickbats.!!!