Some good, some bad

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How would you rate Bristol on that performance , I thought they was a big dirty team and they played very little football, just long ball .

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fired really does think his opinion goes for everybody doesn't he. He's definitely got an axe to grind with hemsy.

3. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ... and you seem to assume that Fired is a fella. Trawls posts? I have not commented on any Hemmsy post for weeks and weeks, until Friday, but I am sick of reading the same digs at the same players.

"Royal We"? I'm using a turn of phrase, although I could well be speaking for several people who have stopped posting on here because of Hemmsy's relentless repetitive *****. Dr Z got a permanent ban for that.

4. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have you got a job yet? Sorry, it's about as relevant

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are no girls on the internet, everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

6. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Whilst I agree that Hemsworth is again getting a bit of unfair stick, I have to point out that Fired is actually a woman. Or was the last time I saw her.

If folk don't like what Hemsworth posts, they can reply and argue their point I suppose. Or ignore him.

The only thing I can see that deserves a bit of stick is his "are you going to Burton" remark.

I go to every game these days but that doesn't **necessarily make my opinion any more valid.

*It is more valid though. :D

7. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's because kitchens have microwaves and ovens not computers. Now be a darling and make me a sandwich.

8. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I posted that because she said not to post about it because she was. She's clearly got something against them. Not sure what or why. When I've met her in the post as you know I've been polite and okay not said much but that's nothing against Fiona.

9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    She said she was what? She's got something against who? Congratulations in getting a job with royal mail by the way

10. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought Hemsy made some fair points there myself but I'm still hungover so it could just be that.

11. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He did, he made some good points and some stupid ones too (in my opinion only) but then spoiled everything by trying his better fan routine again.

12. eas

eastlondontyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good point regarding Macdonald. I've seen people saying that Jackson should automatically be the one to make way for Roberts. I'm not so sure - he made a mistake yesterday but I think his all round play is better than Macdonald's. Macdonald's lack of aerial presence had been clear since he came in - it's definitely something he needs to work on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

13. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I think you've contradicted yourself with the "one of those kind of players" bit, and then saying hourihane could have been sent off had he played.

Hourihane is not only a great footballer, but is very wiley in getting opposition players to commit fouls and get booked.

Also your comment about Winall not harassing their deep midfielder. He went off the pitch twice with a head injury!!!

As for midfield being wide open? The midfield was make shift and did really well against superior numbers.

If ever team was "alert to danger" we may as well do away with goalposts as no one would ever score.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

14. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Hourihane had played yesterday we'd have won that game. He was soarly missed. We could also have done with someone of his temperament to counter the Bristol City players attempts to manage the ref.

15. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was surprised how they lined up tbh connor. Not sure about you but I thought teams had found a big weakness in the Barnsley team and system. We've played Brentford and Bristol in the last three and neither have exploited that. After the Fulham game I was worried about the games to come. 4231 or 433 with lots of patience and dicapline was the way to go for any team.

How yesterday Bristol played a Dimond 4 which is one of the formations I really dislike anyway. For me it's second to the 523. Like the 532 with the 121 midfield you don't have the width high up the field to allo you to push the full backs back. Another thing that surpsied me was when Golbourne played in it instead of the ultra attacking Bryan. Now this tmight have been a nod to the impressive James Bree and workrate of Watkins that meant LJ was worried about that side,

They seemed to have a lot of leaders in there team which LJ spoke about a lot when he was at Oakwell. 5/6 maybe more talkers which again made think why play mr nice guy Scott Golbourne. They had plenty of talkers with Korey Smith been a big infulance on the game. He didn't seem to care who it was, he had a problem with you then he told you. They've clearly got it from the goalkeeper to striker with the likes of. Field Flint Neil Smith Wilbaram.

Now I don't now if there wide players are injured but after he did the media bit and talked up Bristol Johnson must have been wondering if he got that right.

They have some very good players connor and I don't think them playing little football away from homes a bad thing if that's the way the way to give them the best chance to win. Was it like i've put above I don't think so. But you can't finish top 6 without it. We did it last season. I'd imagine that Port Vale towards the end of the season had a similar opinion of us.

16. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But you go for free, ergo it doesn't count.

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we go to war I want hemsy in the trenches with me. Lad is fcukin bullet proof. Doesn't flinch

18. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He'd be likely to shoot at the wrong side though and as you lay dying he would gleefully tell you that he will be at the next war and you wont

19. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok, I'm one who usually has a "pop". But credit to you for saying something positive about Winnall's first half and the positives about Conor and Roberts. For what it's worth I agree about Armstrong. Thought he looked fantastic yesterday.
    As for Bree, thought he did ok but Yiadom looked the better full back especially going forward.
    As for Joey Barton...well i wont argue he's effective in his role. But for us? a) we couldn't afford his wages and more importantly b) this team thrives on it's togetherness, one for all attitude. Barton has been divisive at virtually every club he's played at.

20. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Hed tell you how **** your weapons were compared to the enemies.