Some good, some bad

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unless Germany were the enemies. We could turn up with spud guns and he would tell us all that they are better than the German tanks.

2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thought they was a poor team , no team to fear in this league

3. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watkins was ill right up until a couple of hours before the game. Presumably that bug that's affecting the club. We looked leggy after about 60-65 minutes so makes me wonder if a few others were under the weather too.

Not faultless, but I think we can also see that there is perhaps more depth in our squad than certainly I first thought. Yiadom gets better and better (my MOTM) - brilliant signing, Bree looked class yesterday and whilst we missed Hourihane both as a wind up merchant and leader, I think our fears about midfield being weak and being at risk of being overrun were unfounded. Morsy was superb and Kay grew into the game but looks well capable of playing at this level. Kent looked effective on the left, and all of our strikers (Armstrong, Winnall, Watkins) showed their value to the team. I reckon we're better off than what we realise perhaps and Hecky deserves some credit in my opinion for what we've recruited. I know I'll sound like a stuck record, but I'd rather see the "kids" in our club given their chance than someone else's - if they're good enough.

Everything said though, a good performance in the circumstances by a patched up side and once again I've left Oakwell thoroughly impressed and entertained by what I watched from The Reds. We will play worse than that and win games. And a squad strengthened by the return of players from injury and suspension, and a weekend off after Burton to fully heal and recover from injury or illness.

4. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothing in this posts negative towards me or anyone on this forum. Thanks for that.

I enjoy reading others opinions. We don't think the same. Not all 11,000 think the same do they. I took offence to the first reply because it wasn't anything to do with what i typed it was to do with ME personally. I could have written litterly anything and I was getting the same responce.

On Barton. I don't think he's negative at all. Like I posted on Monday night Sean Dyche was on it and he didn't find Barton anything other than a total professional and a posative to Burnley FC.

Maybe it's me but I think a lot of others think this too. The likes of Barton Savage, Roy Keane, Costa, Pepe........ often bring the club together. When they go out on the pitch it's those 11 players against what must feel like the world and they give everything for each other. In a lot of ways it's what Millwall do. They sing that others don't like them and they don't care because they are Millwall.

Wages. It was a bit of the type of player more than Money but Barton's a wealthy man i'd imagine and say 365K per year might not be so bad for him. Get to live anywhere in the North.

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What did you think of Kay's debut Hemsworth? I was expecting your report to mention him as you've probably seen more of him previously than the rest of us.

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He did well. I do think the yellow card got to him a little and he did back out of a couple challenges but that happens. He's clearly talented. Nice passing range. Good height played against a formation I'd imagine he might not have come up against much. He got out of it with a posative.

Liked it when Hammill went straight onto the pitch before the game and talked to him. Nice to see from Adam that.

7. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our players give everything for each other as it is. We don't need to be paying 10k a week to a divisive gobsh1te thug whose legs have gone for that.

8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surely you aren't praising Millwall for their aggressive behaviour

9. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you are so funny, why are you Leon Knight tonight?
    And if you are so funny, why are you not Aidy White tonight?
    If you’re so very entertaining, then why are you Matty Done tonight?

10. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know because you talk ***** just like any other night.

11. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some reasonable comments in there...

...and then you go any spoil it with your persistent "I'm a better fan" *****, which winds me up massively. You do it every week HT, and you must know that it goes down like a cup of cold sick every time. Do you do it to deliberately rile people?.

For the record, I went to Brentford last week, but I am not going to Burton next week. I have an electrician coming on Saturday so need to be around for his visit. I will also be using the free weekend to do other things relating to house maintenance that grown up people sometimes have to fit in between working. I hope that is OK with you and my fan status isn't too affected. Thanks

12. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ''Tell you what, next week do us all a favour, and don't bother with your match reports. I'll do it for you.''

That's why I said that.
    Honestly I don't want or expect everyone to go. It was that comment that annoyed me.

13. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK, you've explained why - fair enough that. Be careful though please about using that line - it doesn't do you any favours.

14. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "We" is not a turn of phrase, in the way you used it.

It seems to me that you are playing the man rather than the ball (to use a turn of phrase) when it comes to Hemsy posts.

But I apologise for wrongly assuming your sex.

15. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he meant Joey Burton... :)

16. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought that was one of Phil's more moderate musings. Don't know which bit I like best, Barton or Burton...