Some home truths need to be told about these players

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chortle

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How I wrote it was. The top bit's facts and what i'm going to post about. That's where my thoughts start. saying the club have conceded x amount isn't an opion it's a fact. Now maybe I should have gone through it after it'd finished but i'm not annoyed tonight. Angry, very very angry. It's not all about tonight because it's been coming for a long time. Okay halfs and luck saved us for a lot of weeks now and the fact that not a lot of people saw the Brighton disaster.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think you're on to something with your "stock answer", we should all do it. You never know, it might work...

4. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The sad thing is between all the usual attacks on the usual players are some decent points. You're right that Scowen isn't up to it. You are right that the last transfer window was not good enough. But its like picking through ***** to find 5p you've swallowed. Not worth the aggro.

5. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've just made the second cardinal error. I've responded in an almost constructive manner

6. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's never pointless to debate what your opinions are. Say what you think and explain it

7. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree but in response to this op it definetley is

8. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm going to respond to this because I too am upset at watching the game. On the flip I also expected this post from you so, I need to get a few things off my chest so its time to dump.

Scowen played because he's actually played well, he's probably as important to us as any other player in our team, but I could say that about 13-14 of them, because we've got to where we are because lots of them, more than just the starting 11 have contributed to our success at various points. Morsy isn't better than Scowen and Hourihane, he isnt, he might be on a par, but hes not better.

Tonights game was a complete fluke, unbelievably so. Forest were the worst team we've played, but alas, Roberts and the rest of the back 5 had a complete brain fart game, it happens. I'm not going to slag any one of them, because do you know what, some games this season, they've kept us in it when we've looked poor going the other way.

We've actually played worse this year and won. I'm not going to be negative or pull players out of a line up with a shooting squad full of cocaine ready to fire the trigger. This is a long hard season, its one game, its a game we should have actually won. You like stats, look at them.

You don't ******* understand the way the world works, ASHLET ASHLEY FLETCHER is on the bench and regularly getting games in the Premier League, has played in Europe this year. He's not coming back, neither should any of our current batch be compared to someone doing so. Its mental. Beckham played for Preston, do you think Preston fans were slagging the club off for not bringing him back when he was on the bench for united the year after. When he hit the headlines for scoring from the half time, Preston fans were sending hordes of Letters to the chairman, to suggest he's inadequate for not going back for him.

Phil, you're ******* mental. I'm upset at the result, we actually played well and were far better than a poor forest. We made stupid mistakes, and got punished. I would imagine we are feeling the same as Wolves did when we wupped them 4 nil.

I've spent 5 minutes doing this, **** knows why, because you'll not even comprehend it, but at least its made me feel better.

9. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My 'home truths' are from a slightly different perspective. You can just as easily switch statistics to argue that we've been tight at the back of late with 3 clean sheets in the last 4 before today. The lads at the back should be commended for that, as much as it is justified to question their errors today.

Hammill was more involved and offered more ideas and application tonight than Kent did Saturday in my opinion.

Personally I'd rather watch a Barnsley XI with players plucked from lower leagues who are striving to improve and are proud to wear the shirt and give their all to keep it and win the respect of the fans long term than a side packed with loanees from Premier League academies who are consciously in the shop window and can slink away to a comfortable contract if things don't work out. It's great to see some such as Kent and Fletcher, but it's unsustainable to build a team on it and we can't afford to buy the best at Championship level.

We are Barnsley, not Chelsea B.

10. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think Flecth played like a loan player. Kent meanwhile...

11. KamikazeCo-Pilot

Style:
    Barnsley
    Ok then if you feel like that best not to say anything at all I would think or you'll just resort to insults...

12. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know.

13. KamikazeCo-Pilot

Style:
    Barnsley
    Ok then if you feel like that best not to say anything at all I would think or you'll just resort to insults...

14. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you a bit special?!!

15. KamikazeCo-Pilot

Style:
    Barnsley
    Stupid internet connection....

16. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    to be fair I know HT has his agended with some players but now the league is settling down its showing that some of our players just arn't good enough at this level.

I have no clue at all why people rate Scowen, some people on here say hes first on team sheet. He's fecking gash, he's a far inferior version of Perkins. Morsey should play instead of him.

Hammil has had 1 good season at this level and that was with us years ago, I think his problems probably come from frustration of not been good enough.

17. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a fair point and I'll @Hemsworth Tyke in that. Hammill is looking out of his depth, he's not quick enough for this league, well based on what I've seen. I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.

On Scowen, I disagree completely, and Morsy isnt imho an upgrade. Scowens quick, takes us forward. Where Morsy doesnt, its a different question though, maybe we need a 'sitter' and not a box to box king of player. Maybe we need all 3 and jettison a striker, or maybe we should all understand we are fans on a message bourd and leave it to Hecky who have upmost faith in.

18. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Shouldnt reply but just a couple of points
    Ashley Fletcher = absolutely brilliant signing last season but for every 1 that good we sign we will sign another 10 loanees who are not as good and he is genuine premiership quality he wont be playing in the Championship this season for anyone let alone us so lets move on shall we.
    Be nice to see if Payne can live up to his early promise

Bree - generally had a good game and put in a couple of excellent crosses but he wasnt perfect and very lucky when he made an absoulte howler and their player fell over the ball before he shot he hasnt been as consistant as Yiadom and today was on a par so to say Bree was the only defender is not on. Today I cant explain the performances of Roberts and Jackson - Roberts is rarely that bad and we managed 3 clean sheets in our previous 4 games - even Mawson had bad games and we sold him for quite a lot

Kent - inconsistent but for every decent game he has at least 2 poor ones. He was woeful against Wigan, Hammil didnt have his best game for us but he was a lot better than Kent last game

Today just one of those days - another time we would go in 3-0 up at half time they scored 4 goals from 6 attempts - one off a shin and one off a shoulder and one Davies saves 9 out of 10 times most times they would be lucky to get one

Worrying thing for me is we should have won the last 3 home games comfortable but contrived to get only 2 points from 9 - need to break that sequence

19. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With Josh Scowen I think he's better in a more advanced role of attacking midfield.

He's not got the discipline to play the deeper role. People often moan about passing backwards or square. Well it's all that's needed in that role often. Play the square ball to Bree and with Watkins drifting into the middle (something Watkins didn't do well against Wigan) and he'll push the team 30 yards up the field quite often. I think people tonight will have seen the attacking talent of James Bree. Made me chuckle last week when some said he wasn't attacking. He loves to get forward and he's quick.

20. Terry Nutkins

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm done with this thread. Its similar to Trump advocating Farage as a UK representative in Washington.