Some home truths need to be told about these players

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know why because he invariable passes it backwards

Although it was a great cross for Winnall's goal.

2. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: To Precis :

Absolutely bang on.

3. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But how many times. It isn't a one off. It's happened time and time again. We've not won at Oakwell since Rotherham? game

Mistakes happen all the time and it's similar. Burton. We made the same mistakes and bar luck and Davies head we would have lost.

Roberts like all of them. They can't be it's okay xxxxx. In the recent weeks I went to a u18 game. Was stood next to a family member and at the end of the game he said, xxxxxxx wasn't good enough today. A bit of honesty. Now this players likely to get a pro contract in the next few month but coming away from the game I thought it was good to hear.

They all seem too nice to me. We need that person to tell them it's not. Now I mentioned the type of players I like that do that type of thing and we are missing one badly.

4. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Obviously you're entitled to you opinion, but it's the same every post. It completely does my head in. I know I can't stop you posting it, and to be honest that's the say it should be, but reading it is like having my brain microwaved.

We know what you think now, there's no need to repeat it. Go on watch the cricket and chill. Or go and get married or summat.

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stalrost. Do you get the point i'm trying to make about it seemingly from the outside been too nice.

It was something I listen to Rafa talk about last season. He said when they start to lose all the dressing room go quite. All the experience players don't say a word and it was lascelles the youngsters, the one with little experience that decided to rip into some of them. A few homes truths. Tell a few like it was at the time. And Rafa loved it and he made him captain.
    http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...eam-mates-after-southampton-debacle-1-7846597

6. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are off your tits.

7. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Of course I get the point you're trying to make! I've completely lost count of how many times I've got the point you're trying to make. You make it hundreds of times - nobody on here can fail to get it.

Perhaps the real question is, do you get the point I'm trying to make?

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I do but I just want to see Barnsley improve.

I write threads like this and don't enter other convo's on the site. stick to this and that's it.

Though I do get frustrated because when I said there were problems in August/ sept. people said I was wrong and we had a good squad. No good saying things are bad when the ships sinking.

9. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Bree had a good game last night HT.

But he still makes the same mistakes week in week out, he doesn't appear to be learning from them as quickly as you say. Some of his decision making is abysmal.

But he's learning. As are the remainder of the back 4.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about learning to play at a certain standard. Whilst Bree may be considerably younger than Roberts, he's as experienced in the championship. They're both learning at the same pace. You can't excuse one for making errors and lambast the other. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

10. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree was excellent going forward last night, delivery into the box as good as I've seen from him. Our first goal was brilliant. Brilliantly made by Bree, brilliantly finished by Winnall. But you can't defend his (Bree's) defending last night - just as you've been critical of the others (with justification), then you should offer a balanced view of his performance too. What is his prime responsibility as a full back in a back four - defending or getting forward?

The Forest manager in his post match interview made reference to the fact that they identified space behind our full backs as part of their game plan (and h9w their attacking instinct was part of ours), and once they sorted it out after 20 mins, took advantage of it, aided by individual errors.

Roberts was poor last night. You've identified an apparent inability to pass. What about the fast low diagonal passes he made regularly to our wingers, Hammill in particular, into their stride to set off attacks? I can't disagree with your view on his defending last night but there's no balance in your arguments. Every player made errors last night.

Only one to come out with any real credit yesterday for me was Winnall.

11. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Phil, your basis for comparison is all wrong. Stop picking players of your choice to make a comparison with our players whom you don't rate. It just reinforces the opinion that you have an agenda.

Roberts is a good centre half, Yiadom has been one of the best buys of the season in my opinion and both have played non league football in recent years.

There is no doubt that we need additions in January but for now we need to stay positive and get behind our team, they deserve that at least.

12. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope he was out of position it cost us dearly. Of course he's allowed to learn from his mistakes whilst others are slated for the ones they make. I'm not getting at Bree by the way he's a fantastic prospect who I love.

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I will say on Bree. The times he was out of position was often when someone had given the ball away. I thought Winnall was often the problem in this. Now you might not have seen this if you sit in certain parts of the ground but off the ball Winnall held his hand up to James Bree and apologised for giving the ball away and leaving him in a awful position. 2/3 times in the first 15 minutes he did it.

The full backs role's a fluid role. He's got to get forward. Winnall drops deep, Watkins gets between full back and centre back pulls the oppo full back inside and the barnsley Full backs got to go and hit that space then you can get the two on ones that PH spoke about after the game.

14. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You are wrong. You were wrong in August and you're wrong now. In my opinion of course.

We DO have a good squad, commensurate with our resources. The ship is NOT sinking. Why do you insist on using such hyperbole?

I can sense your frustration, but it's only a bloody football match. Find something else to do for a while, then post about it on here.

15. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemsworthian

adj. Brit. English origin

Used to describe a method of rhetoric whereby the writer restricts themselves to remarking on their own viewpoint, refusing to address counter arguments and evidence which opposes their opinion.

Popularised as a political debating technique by Donald Trump during his successful 2020 campaign for re-election to the US Presidency.

16. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People who use the word 'convo' FFS.

17. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I honestly believe Hemmsy has played that much Football Manager and FIFA that he believes the players he watches on the pitch are simply lines of computer code and pixels on a screen. in his head, all Hecky has to do is toggle a few options and take control of another club and transfer all their best players to Barnsley for free..

Thats why he doesn't seem to realise how much of a negative effect his words can have on a player that might read the board...

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a defenders job to defend ours let 5 in not one of them performed well

19. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    big fan of phil me. i'd have him in the trenches every day.

20. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Jimmy lad, you can keep on knocking but he wont let you in. Your comments about Bree are spot on and if Hemsie didn't have his rose coloureds on he would see that its the same mistake that Bree keeps making, so he is not learning is he. Players will always make mistakes, if they didn't the opposition would never get the ball. The defending player should always be aware that play may breakdown and should position themselves accordingly and be aware of where the opposition is. Again like you this is not a dig at Bree but it is a valid observation IMHO.