Sorry but

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Tatty, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont think i could be any more broken about my club than i am right now. (Even in the admin days you had a bit of hope we would eventually get through it)

First went in 79 and yet these owners have done for me. 40 years. Yet what am i to them? A frigging customer?

Some folk may think i may come out with some knee jerk comments regarding these owners but I cannot see the bigger picture with them. Do they ever stop to consider the here and now? Their tact needs to change if they are to remain but for me personally they are not particularly likeable and seem stubborn and arrogant .

Even reading and posting on here is really starting to eat away at me and is not an enjoyable experience at all.

Love my club

Hate these owners.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    shed131, wilky, leeupo and 16 others like this.
  2. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Same here, except 10 years longer than you. Over 50 years of watching us at least try to win football matches. And I don't mean the players, they're doing their best out there, and never give up.

It's been about a month since Stexit, and if anything it's got worse. Complete silence, only puppets making statements, results not coming. It's unprecedented in my experience.

Redarmy87, shed131, Red Adair and 7 others like this.
  3. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty much domes up how I feel, didn’t go Saturday which is worrying as I used to look forward to match days, now it’s a chore.

shed131 likes this.
  4. dyketyke

dyketyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    60+ years for me and all the same sentiments. Never felt worse about the club than I do now. Despite failings, have we ever had owners who don't care about the 'football' club? The situation deteriorates week by week and the atmosphere around me (in front of Conway) was so toxic. I toyed with not going (again) but relented. That umbilical cord just won't break. But I left early, about same time as Conway, both angry and sad at where it is all at.

shed131 and Birkdale Red like this.
  5. Birkdale Red

Birkdale Red Well-Known Member

Civil Servant
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same season as Jack Tatty for me; same sentiment as him, Stahlrost and Dyketyke.

Sad state of affairs

shed131 likes this.
  6. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm in the East stand, can you give me an idea of what is said to Mr C on match day.

TrueRed92 likes this.
  7. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you've just coined the protest statement, Love my Club, hate these owners.

shed131 and Redarmy87 like this.
  8. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Are you sure Conway left early because we have had someone on here who says he didn't and they supposedly sit behind him.

TrueRed92 likes this.
  9. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's a sad state of affairs when fans who've supported the club for decades are announcing the end of their long standing support. Even worse if you consider how many of the thousands of fans who don't interact on social media, may simply follow these actions without making an announcement.
    There'll always be some who believe a couple of wins will turn things round, the fans will forget all the issues currently angering them and things are not as bleak as they appear. I hope they're correct.
    It's so sad when things were so positive just six months ago after promotion.

10. Birkdale Red

Birkdale Red Well-Known Member

Civil Servant
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what breaks my heart. We didn't go up as champs, but we went up with a swagger, a fanbase, a feelgood factor and momentum that should have been more than just something to build on. I honestly thought we would do far better than the 2 who went up with us. The alrm bells rang in the summer - there was the temporary joy of the Fulham match, but since then it has been nothing short of criminal. Leadership do not understand what they are dealing with.

11. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Maybe, just maybe, someone at the club may read this and try to change our minds. If you are reading this, you should realise that silence won't work. It just makes it worse. Speak up!

12. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was hoping we could do similar to sheff u , consolidate for a season or two and build . We have lost the momentum , a good manager and the feel good factor .

13. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Stahlrost do you honestly believe that? They are damned now and I think they will be damned if they do. Unfortunately for us this year, we have to lay in the bed that is made until January when hopefully the sheets can be changed. Now if they give us a new head coach to get behind, that might help.

14. Trickster Two Six

Trickster Two Six Well-Known Member

The Detonator
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All of the above with bells on. I did go on Saturday but more to see my mates than with the expectation of enjoying the game. First goal went in, expectations confirmed. I’d love to be able to post something uplifting and motivational but when it seems that drudgery is all we can expect it makes it difficult to see any good having come from the take over. Rich mans plaything is all we are now, they don’t share the emotional ties and will never get it like we do. To them BFC is only about P&L.

15. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You could be right. It must surely be clear to them that the fans are turning against them. I think they've got 3 options:-
    1) Ignore the fans and carry on just as they are
    2) Try to redeem the situation in the January window
    3) Sell up and move on
    We'll see what happens in January. It may be too late to save this season, but at least it may show some intent for the future. But if I'm honest, I think I they'll choose option 1.

Stephen Dawson and JLWBigLil like this.
  16. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I concur.

Stephen Dawson and Stahlrost like this.
  17. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Had some days penciled in at work for midweek games in case I wanted to attend. Told the boss today I won't be bothering. Told the missus I'm won't be busy with the football on any weekend. I will only be going now when I literally have nothing to do. I have given up.
    League one awaits and as good as last season was I don't see the point if this is the reward for it. I won't be given the owners any more chance to put things right. I'm going to wait until the club wins me back over. Could be a long wait.

18. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Spot on. Last season I thought we were brilliant, we hammered most teams, we had "rich" new owners, a bright young coaching team and an irresistible style of play. As a former "happy clapper", I was loving it. I thought our promotion was the start of a new era in our history. I was loving it. But a nagging doubt remained. With hindsight, the sale of Brad Potts was a chilling premonition of what was to come. It was masked by the emergence of Jacob Brown, but it was inexplicable in football terms. In fact, the only possible explanation was financial.

And then came the summer sale. Then Stexit. And we all know the story from then on. We'll probably go down, but next season won't be the same in league one. We won't trust the club to retain good players on long term contracts.

The legacy of these owners will be that they've managed to turn me, an outrageously over optimistic happy clapper, into a cynical serial moaning old sod. I suspect I'm not alone, and I suspect they don't care.

19. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sign of the times that no one has challenged this thread, or tried to offer some positivity.

Things are *****. We've somehow managed to combine 'best window ever' with longest winless run in 60years.

Now that takes some doing. Even Frank Spencer couldn't manage this kind of disaster.

Keep Conway away from roller skates.

Stephen Dawson and Redhelen like this.
  20. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think you've missed a 4th and probably most likely.

Wait for a win, make a statement, hoping to tap into the tiniest slither of feelgood factor. Make a few signings, but lose more key players. Here comments about not being worried if we drop, slight setback, here for long term blah blah….

And repeat.

What I've been really surprised at so far is the overall apathy of many fans and little resistance. Even in some cases, apologists and justifiers.

The crying shame of all of this, had they just kept following Patricks "plan" with less loans and one or two experienced players for a solid base, I think they could have carried on with this approach pretty risk free.

Fans are aware the Championship is tough. We're aware there will be sales, though we'd prefer a handful rather than handfuls, and we know we have to sign better to progress.

The sacking of Stendel has created angst and a level scrutiny and mistrust they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Though they've taken momentum, turned it upside down and are making us endure the consequence in silence, I think they can claw some of this back. But silence, stubbornness and hubris in a blatantly flawed extremist approach will not win people over, it will only worsen things.

We don't expect hyperbole and falsehoods wrapped up as truths. We don't expect Premier League Football.

We do expect to try. We do expect to compete. We do expect to bloody noses... ideally of our opponents, not the players, coaches and fans.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019