Soul suite @ Blackpool

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by fitzytyke2, Jan 4, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for anyone (particularly of a certain age) that's staying over on Saturday night.

If you like Northern Soul, or any kind of soul music the Soul Suite is well worth visit.

It's up past the North Pier where the locals tend to drink, so gets quite busy. Also friendly and cheap drinks.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Had my arse felt in there a few times.

3. Superredsfan7

Superredsfan7 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. fit

Oh it was you was it? I thought you were ignoring me

5. Tan

TangerineArmy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You also have walkabout right by soul suite. Also further up queen street is littern tree which is ok but depends how busy it will be.

One pub that will be busy (always is) is ma kellys, great crack in there with live entertainment... All depends on your age and drunken state... But head up queen st, when u get to top and funny girls is opposition, take a right and its 100 yards on your right.

Enjoy the days lads, actually hope you win and get a cracking draw, at least your cup run funds will be put back into your team.

Oh and if u do visit soul suite on the opposite corner is a new bar /restaurant in development.... The owner is only Sam oyston.... Only the most hated family in Blackpool could think its a good idea to open it in this location... But not opened yet..... Let's hope it never opens.

6. fit

We went on a stag do to Blacky last July. It was heaving in the afternoon but when we came back out at night, the place was dead.

That's how we ended up the North end with all the locals. Really enjoyed it up there.

Will be travelling straight there and back on Saturday though.

**** what's happening at your club mate. Must be a nightmare staying away, especially as you're not doing too badly in the league? Hope it all gets sorted out.

7. Tan

TangerineArmy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fitzy I'm surprised it was dead at night in July, but guess it depends what pubs you were in.

But for anyone staying that's why I mentioned ma Kelly's as without doubt will be busy and you will be entertained... Either by the acts or the cliental lol.

Tbf it ain't a nightmare staying away as the club and fan base is split and just dead these days. And after oyston has ruined fans life's by suing them I decided enough is enough and no more money or BFC until they go... Sadly I think they will shut the club down before they sell.

Just remembered.... Scott Wiseman.... He turned us down as oyston offered him peanuts and he stayed with you guys didn't he? Although not as bad as fowler who koko offered him £90 a week... Funny he never joined us either.

Oh if you like Wetherspoons try the velvet coaster up by pleasure beach, newest one and massive... Just a Shame it ain't summer.

8. fit

We were in the usual pubs on the front.
    Manchester and all those places. It didn't get busy until we got up to shenanigans. Bouncer told us about the soul lounge etc.

Mind you it was 10ish when we went back out at night as we had a few in the hotel first.

9. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's alright up that end. For a family friendly pub I like The Gynn up Gynn Square. Free parking for customers and plenty of free roadside parking anyway and then short journey into the centre for the game. Shame that Toast shut because that was a class place to eat. Surprised that arcade place across the road from the north pier has been turned into yet another Wetherspoons for the seafront.

10. Tan

TangerineArmy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mean the south pier mate. The pub that used to be opposite north pier was the great Yates... Until some scrote burnt it down (so then moved).

11. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ahh yes my mistake south pier across from good old prize bingo :D It's a shame that building was made into a pub because it had cheap bowling in there and some good games. Not been in since it's been Wetherspoons can't imagine upstairs is any good because it had no windows. Does Oyston have anything to do with that Foxhall development by your ground? Hopefully not because it looks like something really good for the community at a time when housing is at a shortage everywhere, especially at an affordable price. Wouldn't mind the weekend after at Empress Ballroom too for World Wrestling Entertainment but it sold out 3,000 for both nights of that weekend in no time at all.

12. Tan

TangerineArmy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As far as I'm aware they are involved in the Foxhall village, but on Preston new road (just as you come off m55) they are involved in oyston village, I think it's 1500 homes, it got planning but has now gone quiet?

As for velvet coaster, seriously mate call in, you won't recognise the building. Bar a wether's in Darwen (which was a chapel) it's the most impressive wether's IMO.