Southgate on Russia

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Skryptic, Mar 22, 2018.

1. bright red

bright red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Come off It merde. I was there. Know exactly how brilliant an atmosphere it was but only because the vast majority of local fans were supporting England! Massive Russian and anti Ukrainian support. The match was actually France Vs England. Russian chants throughout the match.
    I know the vast majority of Russians will be wecolming towards English fans. I’m not going for a good reason though. Maybe I’m the one losing out but in the end you make a judgement on how safe you will be and I’m not going to risk it.

2. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but can't remember the names!! Decent craft ale place just by hotel in StP. Kaliningrad full of them; huge microbrewery cafe/restaurant overlooking main square.

3. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For Putin truth does not exist in s meaningful way, it's just as likely that there will be tight policing of all games except Englands where Russian hooligans will be let loose. Regardless of what you see the authorities will say there was no trouble except when English fans are there ergo they're the trouble makers. Given what happened France, given what happened in Salisbury, given the corrupt way they got the World Cup given the fascistic way the country is run you would be morally wrong to go and just plain stupid.

4. Micky Finn

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    More scenes like Marseille and Russia would be thrown out of their own World Cup. Putin will not allow it. The known hooligan groups have been formally told to stay away.

5. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mean konigsburg before they killed everyone German living there or forced them to walk to Germany? Yeah, wonder why they're a bit wary?

6. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There was a discussion on this very topic on yesterday's " Daily Politics" programme.
    Apparently one of the British Ambassadors who the Russians have expelled, is the one
    who has been working with his Russian counterparts in an attempt to ensure the safety
    of England fans at the 2018 World Cup. They commented on the programme, that following
    the incident in Salisbury and Boris Johnsons " ill advised" comparison between Putin and Hitler
    in 1936, Anglo Russian relationships have sunk to an all time low, with the result that animosity
    between English and Russian football fans was now an inevitable outcome, especially as Russia's
    " Ultras" are concerned. The advice from one contributor to anyone from the UK attending was,
    to consider quadrupling their life insurance payments before they go, which given the fact there's usually
    a 12 month qualifying period on the majority of policies was to my mind a little bizarre, with one saying, " any
    England fan attending the World Cup in Russia later in the year, must be absolutely barmy."

7. Micky Finn

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, as I said.

8. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd better cancel my trip to London in case I run into any Millwall fans then!