Speculation on why Hecky would choose to go

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wolvestyke, Feb 5, 2018.

1. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm devastated he's going. I know there are some who will disagree (and respect their right to) but if / when he goes it'll set the plan two years, if it's not ripped up altogether. Yes, we're experiencing some big bumps in the road but I believe we would have stayed up and next season would've been much better.

However, that's not really the reason for the post. I've been wondering why Hecky would sign a contract on Friday and leave a few days later. This is pure speculation but I wonder if he was expecting a 2/3 year contract to be put on the table. As it wasn't he may have felt that the owners aren't confident and committed to him. If I'm right then I'm sure he'll be pissed off and so when Leeds come calling, offering 3 years on a higher wage he'll be thinking he may as well go and secure the future for his family. By not offering him a long term contract we effectively encouraged him to look elsewhere.

Had we done so I don't think he'd have gone to talk to them tonight. And we'd have received much more compensation too.

Big mistake.

2. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky went cos we're Barnsley. Johnson was in talks with somebody else months before he left us. Unfortunately, we'll lose out to bigger clubs but clubs will also lose out to us.

3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well that sounds a lot plausable to tbh than he’s been waiting for a new contract with a get out clause in it cos he’s wanted out for ages

4. Spa

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom, 103126909727190
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Money, Money, Money...