Stendel/Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wombwell-red, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Still losing, in fact have we not made a worse start?

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Stendel has got the worst striking options I've ever seen while supporting us, has had his best players sold and replaced by young hopefuls with no experience but still has them playing good stuff we just cant score.

I genuinely think given the resources and backing at a decent side in this league leeds,west from, fulham etc stendel would achieve promotion.

But Yeah your right performances are meaning less, let's get rid of stendel and get the man who won 1 in 16 back was it? He will be at job center tomorrow, We can sing hes one of our own again.

3. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Would you kindly point me to where I said that?

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know what you are getting at by comparing the 2 and putting your spin on it.

Stendel lost 4 key players including our top scorer in the summer and we replaced very poorly imo, did you expect us to hit the ground running? The bloke isnt even allowed loan players as we can make a profit but is still playing attractive football he has been hung out to dry by these owners.

5. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Was just comparing the two situations, I was at no point suggesting one was better than the other. Hecky was given a very hard hand and we ultimately we were relegated.
    The two situations are comparable because we have done the same again, in fact it looks like (as you say) we have thrown together a worse squad than last time.
    I think the confusion is my reply to your "at least we are playing nice stuff" comment. I should have expanded, my reply wasn't a dig at Stendel. We are playing as well as we can and still losing, that's more worrying to me than if we were playing well.
    As I said I find the comparisons interesting because Hecky is in some quarters blamed for our relegation. While he certainly wasn't blameless, I put a large part of it down to the transfer policy. If our season continues like this I just wonder if Stendel will start to come in for some criticism. Again while im sure he will make mistakes I wouldn't blame the guy if we finished rock bottom. Our recruitment has once again either been naive or blasé.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I don't find it more worrying, we had numerous chances v leeds thomas should have scored and wilkes twice, we played some good stuff against a top team, same with forest. The worrying thing for me is the lack of goals and our failure to score away from home but we did sell our top scorer and replace with a young Austrian so we made a rod for our own back there.

Hecky has to take some of the blame for relegation and the football was on the whole garbage. Alot of sentiment was shown towards hecky for been a reds fans and a local lad and his prior achievements at the club. even when hecky played thiam as a lone striker at hillsbourgh some would make excuses up for it.

You have to criticise stendel on his decision making so far I don't think he has done much wrong apart from making bahre captain.