Stendel making a point?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by bright red, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sam Winnall gave us 2 and half years, a trophy, a promotion and one of the best 6 months in the clubs history. However he had 6 months left on his deal, and we got 750k for him. We paid 400k. Take his goals away and we would not have come anywhere near the top 6. Promotion was worth 6 million plus the winners money from the JPT which was 350k. Excellent business.

You cannot compare winnall and Moore and claim things are getting better because we got 4 million for Moore. Moore was actually sold for 2.7, the 1.3 comes from add ons (according the BBC MCR)
    Moore had 2 years left, winnall had 5 months. Had winnall been sold in the summer and had 2 years on his deal then he would have been worth the same if not more.

If you see the club making big money as progress, then fair enough. However, I see progress as the club making big money, but reinvesting 60% of it back on a worthy replacement enable to compete. Weve built a squad that can not and will not compete, I'ms orry, but it wont.

The owners will carry on making profit year after year with their model, and that's great..... for them. Not for us. The fans will drop off again, quick. Weve sold record numbers of tickets, merchandise has flown off, the marketing side is much better than it ever has been. Again, brilliant, but it's simply going to be PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT, but we wont see the real results from it. I guarantee it. Just like Nice haven't done.

I follow this club home and away, like thousands of others do. It runs deep in my veins and this club means more to me than I could ever explain, just like thousands of others. However, if it comes to the point where we know season after season that were just going to keep doing what we are doing now then the crowds will be shot, and the 70/30 type supporters will go and not return, and that's damage that cannot be undone.

6 million from promotion.
    2 mill for lindsay.
    3 million for Pinnock.
    4 million for Moore.

That's 15 million quid. Im not saying spend all 15 million of it, however you have to replace the lost players with players who are going to help this club be competitive, and in the owners words "move us onto the next level". Weve spent nothing near that amount, despite them telling us they would reinvest the cash. Have we spent half of it? I very much doubt it.

Again, I see what they're going to get from it. I dont see what were going to get from it. Again, look at Nice, the exact same story with them. Its worrying.

I'll get behind these players every game no matter what, because I love my club. I also wouldn't say a wrong word about Stendel because he bought into us, the fans and the fans bought into him. I feel sorry for him, he looked a beaten man yesterday after the game.

redrum, ReadingRed and Geddiswasguud like this.
  2. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My point was brief and salient. We get better money for outgoing players nowadays.
    Rome was not built in a day but I for one see plenty of progress beyond that increase in player sale valuations.
    You outlined some yourself in fact.
    I don't buy into the Nice references from you or anyone else because for the majority of that club's existence they've had little to shout about and the last handful of years have been much brighter.
    If you want to point me toward their decline and some kind of catastrophe that I've missed then go ahead but all I'm seeing is reference from yourself and others to their fans moaning.
    It appears you aren't a fan of the current ownership but myself I've seen little to complain about.
    As I've stated prior I wouldn't go down the exact recruitment policy that the club has adopted as it's my opinion that in doing so we limit the pool of talent in which to fish. I support buying young and hungry but not solely that bracket of player.
    We are five games into a new season and despite all the success of the previous campaign it looks as though there is little appetite for patience.
    I am glad that like myself you love the club so much but unlike you I am not quite seeing a doomsday scenario.
    Let us hope then that your fears and many of those like you are proven to be unfounded and in 10 matches time you admit you got yourselves into a bit of a tizz.

Tilertoes and ScubaTyke like this.
  3. Gol

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Without knowing the exact ins and outs of the situation at Nice, I can only go off what I see their fans writing and they're livid with them and have been for the past 18 months or so.

I actually really did believe in them, but I feel weve been taken for a ride. I actually did nothing but praise them up until the summer, but weve been shafted. The whole "that simple can not happen anymore" keeps happening, infact it's happened more than it ever has over this summer. Then they had the audacity to tell us it's been the best in the clubs history!! If the owners can say that before a balls even been kicked then I can, after 5 games, tell you that they're talking utter rubbish.

I really do hope you are right. I hope to God that you are all quoting my "hysteria" in 10 games time, but I'm almost certain the case I've made will only be more apparent.

I'll also point out I'm normally a fully signed up member of the happy Clapper brigade but after the summer, the recruitment, the start, the outrageous quotes, ignoring the manager's wishes for experience etc etc etc... it all stinks to me.

4. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are basing these so-called issues at Nice on the opinions of some moany fans.
    That's likely because they expected the owners to come in and throw money at it.
    The owners like they said when taking over here are not going to do that.
    Yet Nice are flying high in their league and we are back in the Championship and it's early days for both.
    I predicted we'd be struggling this season when we lost Pinnock and then Moore and I'm not sure we've replaced them adequately in the present term.
    Looking at our next few fixtures things won't be easy.
    But that's football and we aren't a big hitter and never have been.
    I am happy that we had an amazing season last time out and are back here trying to compete.
    Excited to watch this new group develop under the coach who has been a breath of fresh air.
    I suppose I like to look on the bright side of life.

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just supposition on your part. I could write the opposite of you, much better than you because i'm a much better writer, sorry for being an arsehole but it's true, but I don't because why would I? Why make things up? I don't know, I guess I'm asking you because you do it to prove a point and I don't.
    We could have said no. And that' as far as you and I can go on this. You don't know what would happen after that, and neither do I, but don't tell me that you know because you don't.

6. Gol

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not the best thing to read after a smoke.

TitusMagee and wombwell-red like this.
  7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's say Conway is right with it all invested and we actually did get 4 million for Moore. Even if wages had to be involved to reinvest all we make, that's like two million on a player and a ten grand a week four year contract. I find it extremely hard to believe we'd ever do something like that.

8. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bless ;)

9. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its only progression, if we sign a suitable or able replacement.
    We have banked £3 to £4 million and are now playing centre backs and wingers up front because the people we have brought in are no where near ready.
    But hey ho, lets gave a look at our wonderful Yank ...i mean bank account!

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...hodgkinson-huddersfield-town-manager-16812650

Maybe our own Stendel has applied? Huddersfield love a German coach and the new owner doesn't appear to have much cash so the minimal compensation Daniel would cost with around 9 months left to pay off would appeal. He can keep living in Yorkshire but with a more experienced squad, for more money, bigger transfer budget and stay in the same league. It would be an appealing move for both sides.

Chasing Stendel worked well for us. There is nothing wrong with going after someone who hasn't applied.

11. Ged

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Theres also a little matter of the alleged £3 million for Brad Potts.

12. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And that's one of our biggest problems really re- average age of twenty two. At that age, quite a lot of players
    are still developing. The Championship is probably the most unforgiving in the whole of the EFL.

We can only hope that DS can motivate and improve the squad between now and the January window, when
    hopefully the Board will see fit to recruit some players with Championship experience.

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Brad potts was between 1.5 to 2 million not sure where you are getting 3 million from.

14. Ged

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Various news outlets....thats why i stated "alleged"...ok ill re phrase "there's also a little matter of the alleged £1.5 to 2 million for brad potts.
    Better?