Stupid from Lindsay

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Jan 5, 2019.

1. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree that it was possibly a poor decision. I think a bit of fatigue came into it as well though.

I think the championship is probably his level and I would think that over the course of his career he will play more games at that level than this level.

2. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still waiting @occook

3. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apologies I thought it was Super tyke who abuses Lindsay every week

Terry Nutkins likes this.
  4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Expand what? That I think he made a stupid mistake despite otherwise a good game? That I’m not surprised at your self righteous indignation at someone else’s opinion? Confused which bit needs expanding.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting. I criticise him when he makes a stupid mistake. I'm told this isn't every week yet you say I criticise him every week.
    If I criticise his stupid mistakes every week then doesn't that mean he's making them every week?

6. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok. So far we’ve got plank, utter pillock and self righteous. Any more?

I also love how you’re allowed to have an opinion but I’m not. I don’t think a footballer should see a need to apologise for something like that. Getting sent off for punching someone or whatever, yeah. A mistimed tackle? No. It’s no different to, as I said, missing the target with a shot or a misplaced pass.

For clarity, the grow up comment, whilst I’d quoted you at the start of the post, was aimed at all of those on the thread who’d gone after him unnecessarily. In fairness to you, you at least acknowledged he’d otherwise had a good game and didn’t go on to suggest he makes such errors every week as some have or even that he’s a terrible player, as some obviously believe. Dear me even Conan agreed with my post and he doesn’t often offer sympathy to any player.

I’d love to know what I’ve said to you, or anyone, that warrants personal insult. You’ve obviously got a vendetta, no idea why, and I’ve no interest in joining in or trading like for like.

I suggest you ignore my posts from now on. I will be yours.

occook likes this.
  7. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because you chose to disagree with my opinion, and reply to my post, you used words and phrases like embarrass and grow up. Bairn on about my reply if you like, but I replied how I saw fit to your contribution to my post. Not sure I’ve ever said anyone isn’t entitled to an opinion. Not sure where you’ve plucked that from but knock yourself out. Slap on the ignore pal, knock yourself out. I’ll reply to any post that’s of interest for discussion. People chose to reply or not. How a forum works.

Edit: was “joke” not “embarrassing”

8. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I thought it was a fairly even game, not exactly edge of your seat stuff. As usual, we look good against a team who play football in the right way. This is because our players are pretty talented - but they have their flaws, which is why they are league 1 players. But they are pretty decent imo, and today illustrated that.

My opinion - Burnley were good defensively: organised and strong in the tackle. We didn't seem to have the guile to really open them up. Burnley also looked pretty good from crosses into our box. They seemed to win most stuff in the air. That said, Burnley didn't do enough to win the game and looked more like a Championship side to me, which is where they may end up. I'm pretty sure Dyche will think he got away with one there.

Connor and occook like this.
  9. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well this has brought out all the Lindsay haters - to whom I say - go and crawl back into your holes. - you obviously have two working parts - your mouth and your arse - and they are connected.

shed131 and sitting bull like this.
  10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Crazy this thread can't believe a poster genuinely thinks Lindsay is a "**** defender" fair enough he made a mistake he is young just like them all he is a good defender at league one level and will go on to have a good career. He has made mistakes this season but he has been ever present in the best defence in league one. One thing I will say is Lindsay has a few posters who won't say a bad word about him and don't like other posters doing so either, but when pinnock gave a pen away at Sunderland but won the ball the same posters were on his back straight away, strange.

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are yours not connected then? You must have different biology to the rest of the human race

BBBFC likes this.
  12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was proper gutted at the end and the first to leave the pitch from our team. You could see being at fault affected him. It was good to see that he genuinely cared in his face and body language. No real problem with the result. We played well but Pope had nothing to save the whole game and Davies kept us in it first half such as when he tipped over for a second corner in first half stoppage time.

ubique_tyke and Connor like this.
  13. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes it was a poor tackle.

But does anyone know who has the best defence in the league? Which side has conceded the least goals? Who has been an ever present in that defence apart from two games?

Liam ******* Lindsay.

That's who.

14. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are not cut out for public forums. You are mentally incapable of accepting or even considering a "negative" opinion.

15. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No it means you imagine / pretend he makes mistakes every week. Either that or we’re the luckiest team in footballing history as the stats show we aren’t getting punished for all his ‘mistakes’.

16. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't wait for Satdi. Bloke that sits behind me shouts he's a liability before the game's even started!

17. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See you Satdi. I'll be the one sat behind you ;)

Fonzie likes this.
  18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mistimed a tackle with tired legs. So what it happens.

scarf likes this.
  19. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can be argued that in the penalty area you stand your ground so you give the ref less of a decision to make. But anyway we had didn't work Pope all game and didn't even force a second half corner (we were poor with them first half), so whilst we did well and can be proud of them I don't think we can complain at the result.

20. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Poor all game? If we were talking about Accrington Stanley and the showing had been like this then I would agree. However we were playing a Premiership side, 2 leagues above us. Those players week in week out face the cream of The English Football leagues. We matched them, not by sticking 10 men behind the ball but playing football, and at times very attractive, clever football. Yes we didn’t have much of an end product in shots, but a few chances were created. We matched them pretty much all over their own premiership pitch. A simple tired legs mistake was the difference between the two teams... that and about £500 million investment.

ScubaTyke, Old Goat and Fonzie like this.