Super 6 pass?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by redarmychris, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe, but I don't think it's complicated at all, if the ground rules are made clear from the off. Sell a book of vouchers, each of which can be exchanged as payment for a ticket, after that ticket has been booked in the normal way. Very, very simple, really. It would cost the club hardly anything to set in motion, so whether they sell 10 of them or a 1000, they'd not be out of pocket. On the contrary, they'd have money upfront, whether the punters make their full quota of games or not.
    It's so easy to book tickets these days. Club get their money and the onus is then on the flexi-ticket holder to plan ahead and book their tickets. This isn't one for the fan who looks at the fixtures and thinks 'ooh, I can see five big games I'd like to go to'; it's for those folk that know they've maybe got two Saturdays off during the season, plus a handful of midweeks. I can't pick & choose my matches - on my rare Saturdays off, I'm there, and if I can slip off early on a Tuesday, then that's a bonus, be it Fleetwood at home, or the Blunts. It wouldn't guarantee me a seat, but it would mean when I do get there, I'm not paying £23/25/27 for the privilege.

2. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we're inventing problems here that don't exist. How many times have we sold out Oakwell for a league game since the Premier League and the extended capacity? I'm pretty sure we haven't. It can be clear that it doesn't give entrance to any cup games, although I think it should entitle a level of priority below season ticket holders to buy for cup matches.

One of the advantages of it is not being tied to a seat. I sometimes go on my own, sometimes go with my dad, sometimes with BFC Dave. People who go to games as and when they can don't want to be tied to a seat for the very reason that the people they go with are often in a similar boat and want to sit together when they can.

Where you are right is that people don't want it to be complicated. I accept a flexi pass isn't going to just be a scan and enter as we do need some sort of seat allocation, but it can't be something that requires a ticket booking a week in advance. The nature of this type of fan is decisions are made late. But surely there's no reason at all this can't be done electronically. it baffles me why tickets have to be printed at the moment. Who has a printer these days?? Why can't a ticket and seat be booked online with the flexi pass and entry barcode scanned from a smart phone (or printed or collected at the box office for those that want)? Progress doesn't have to mean abandoning tried and tested methods.

One final point, the 6 game pass won't tell us anything about whether a flexi pass would work. Its a (good but) entirely different offer.

3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would be really easy to do. You buy the flexi ticket and

1. your online account is then credited with the value of 10 (for example) tickets
    2. You are given 10 single use codes for the online system.

You then use either of the two methods above to go online and book your ticket just like a none season ticket holder would or like a season ticket holder would do for away games.

You don't have the same seat every week.

When it comes to high demand games the club simply introduce a category system like they do for some away games. Flexible ticket holders and then general sale.

Piece of piss

4. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bristol Rovers issue a book of vouchers with which you pay for a seat in the normal way. I would hope with our online ticketing system we can issue credits instead of vouchers. You are imagining it's like a season pass and it isn't. You don't have the same seat every game.

The Super Six pass isn't a flexi ticket, so its take-up has no significance when considering the flexi ticket. It is in effect a quarter season pass, creating the same problems for shift pattern workers as a half season pass or full season pass. As many people have already said, there's games they can't go to within those included and they can't take advantage of it.

5. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well done BFC on this one.

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I should be on commission talked another 4 this morning who had lapsed into getting them. Flexible tickets are widely available and easy to manage. The one at bumhhole lane is based on a credits pretty booking basis.

7. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How much is it? Just out of interest.

8. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    £113 + a 75p booking fee for an adult in the Ponty

9. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't decide if it's good value or not.

10. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    interesting stuff. some good ideas. lots of different ones though, which in itself suggests it might not be as easy as people think..

print at home - 'i don't have a printer, who has a printer at home these days'
    redeem in advance - 'i don't want to redeem in advance. why should i have to redeem in advance'
    add to smartphone - 'i don't have a smartphone, what do i do now'
    online bookings only - 'i'm no good with computers and i've no idea how this online account works. can i just come to the box office and sort it'
    book of vouchers - 'i've lost my book of vouchers. can you just find me on the system'

i think it's a great idea, but the more ways you come up with to try and do it, the more complicated it gets. like redarmychris said earlier, the majority of comments i've heard are 'great idea, but...'

interested to see how it pans out

11. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I have a season ticket so it has no value to me.

I think the obvious issue is that you have a week to take the club up on their offer. In which case you've to decide this week if you want to spend £100+ on football tickets. Or double that for a family of four. On the back of wembley etc etc.

In the future, such an offer requires a little more notice I reckon. Say mid July, offer it for the first 6 home fixtures with a deadline of the week before the start. Then offer it mid August for the next 6. So on and so forth.

Sent from my I-Oven using the internets

12. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yeah, it's a reactive thing though innit. they're just trying to capitalise on the current form, getting into the top 6 etc.

13. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, it's the polar opposite of complicated. Lemon Squeezy looks on at a possible voucher-based flexi-ticket scheme with green-eyed envy and awe, given how easy-peasy it would be to set up.

14. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    do it lemon..

15. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Super 6 pass?, good idea BUT

Just gets frustrating for me, thing is I'm a carer for my son besides any ordinary commitments and I am never sure until the last minute whether I can go or not which is why I let my season ticket go.
    Its a great offer for anybody who can do it but its bit like being a second class fan for me though, because all the offers entail buying in advance or committing to a number of games. Which just leaves people like me always having to pay the full whack on the day.
    I'm sure that there are many others in the same boat, don't know why they can't just designate a few more games as a general lower price.

16. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For an adult in the Ponty, it works out at £18.95 per game, which over 6 games gives you one free. It isn't as good as the headline makes out, because that is based on the cheapest stand - the family stand.

17. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The majority of people don't really understand how it works at the clubs that are doing it, so they are either scoffing at the idea or over-complicating it. The way Bristol Rovers are doing it is really simple. If we can integrate it with our online ticketing system, it will be even simpler.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

It's been done (flexi) at numerous clubs with great results. Absolutely agree, mate. But I won't hold my breath on BFC bringing it in.

19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone having trouble booking the 6 in the Family Stand my mates trying and it's telling him it's sold out?!!!

20. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    How about this ?

Three flexi ticket periods, two of eight and the last one of seven.

You pay in advance at three pay points July, Nov, Feb ? . The pass gets you say four games to chose in each period.

There is a ticket allocation period of say three days before tickets go on general sale.

Price them at say £80 (twenty's plenty) and see what the uptake is.

The problem I could see is a swap from season tickets to this method.