#teamslikebarnsley

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by pontyender, Feb 11, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I know that and you could put quite a few more in that category like Wolves, Preston and a few more.

As you say though, back in the days when players smoked woodbines, and got the bus to the match with the fans.

I don't mind clubs that already get decent crowds and are regulars amongst the top two tiers getting taken over. It puts us at an unfair advantage, but we couldn't compete with such clubs even before they were taken over in most cases.

Suppose it just grates on me walking around Reading's impressive ground and facilities, and knowing that it's not being built on the back of success, and listening to their manky fans singing "were on our way back"

Back to spending more than half of their history in the 3rd division? I certainly hope so.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

2. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's a bit rich

coming from a supporter of a club with a fraction of the history and stature of "a team like Barnsley". We've been leagues above them for 90% of our history. They only got in the football league in 1920 for a start. Oh and how many time have they won the FA Cup?

Cheeky bloody upstarts....