That PH interview was seriously depressing

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Red Mosquito, Dec 28, 2017.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I can't really help on that one I'm afraid, I was late to the party as I had other duties so only caught the back end in person. I can only advise patience, that all will become clear in time.

2. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Alarm bells ringing but I guess we will see at the end of January.

3. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky shouldn't be too depressed. As speculated on the board previously, if its not part of his remit to
    identify and buy the players he can hardly be held fully accountable for not being able to " get a tune out of them."?
    Might explain why Lee Johnson was given time to try to put things right during the eight game losing run he went on
    and why Hecky might be given extra time to improve our fortunes this time round.

4. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Based on what? We haven't seen the PR skills or fan engagement that we did from Mansford but it doesn't mean he isn't good at his job.

Red CB likes this.
  5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  6. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "more than underwhelming" means to me that GG is whelming.

Which is fine.

Though he will always be out of his depth in Wiggy terms, who seems to want le Garlic Guzzleur himself to identify 40 goal a season strikers, probably pay the transfer fee out of his own pocket, tie them down to a 10 year contract and remunerate them with the nutty slack off what was once Barnsley Main Colliery.

Cos it's that easy.

7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We learned nothing from the press conference much. It left us with more questions and thoughts, then it did answers.

As for FFP there is nothing to stop Chien Lee popping 10 million in the club account as the new shirt or stand sponsor for X amount of years to get around that. Other club owners have done similar such as when Newcastle and Man City renamed their grounds.

8. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't a dig. More a question. Intro to the conference suggested they would discuss the structure. Then they didn't. And there was a flip chart, which led me to think that was being covered as the live conference ended. I doubt I'm the only one who noticed, and clearly all these questions are still knockin about.

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Didn't take it as a dig. You suggested in your previous post that bits were missing from the press conference, hence my response. Or at least, I read it like that. Understand the meaning now, following later posts. And agree. But like I say, in time things clear. Or I would hope so.

There will always be questions, always be criticism, occasionally credit, and so on. It is what it is.

Results are king. That simplifies anything and everything.

10. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hmm. I really do hope 'it is what it is' isn't going to be the Club's stance moving forwards. Heard that a few times now. I would really like to see the Club proactively addressing the inevitable questions and concerns which are coming from the fans. Quite honestly, this is my worry, when we have Chinese/American/Indian ownership who have already said they will have limited onshore presence, and a French CEO who also appears to have very little contact with either the fans or the wider community.

If the owners or CEO aren't picking up this very essential engagement piece, who is? They're all very smart people, no doubt, but I really do hope they're not taking a cookie cutter approach from OGC and just expecting it to work here. I also hope they're not just expecting Hecky to be the mouthpiece for everything, as that obviously isn't his job, and i'm not the only one a bit puzzled by the tone of his latest pre-match press.

11. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Transfers as explained plus the above which you’ve described.

12. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tedious as ever you clown.

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gauthier Ganaye did his job in the summer. There’s no evidence at all that he got anything wrong. There was a clear attempt to go with a bigger squad this season as a lot of the new signings were young & unproven & he got them over the line.

Cavare, McCarthy, Lindsay, Pinnock, T. Williams, Pearson, Fryers, J. Williams, McGeehan, Potts, Mallan, Isgrove, Barnes, Thiam, Ugbo. That’s 15. I’m sure I read we made 16 so there’s probably one I’ve missed. That’s a lot of recruitment, not the sign of someone who can’t make a signing.

I’m sure the one come back will be ‘McBurnie / Yiadom’, we did our job on that one. McBurnie had even been to Oakwell had his medical, I’ve even heard he had photos taken with the shirt before he went on international duty. Swansea messes that deal up with wanting another striker in before they let him go.

I think some of our fans have decided that because they don’t actually know how our recruitment & the spreadsheet works (James Cryne & whoever else is involved) that they’ll just come on here & start blaming Ganaye, Hecky or whoever else. The equivalent of blaming the checkout girl in Asda because they’ve ran out of stock of your favourite beer.

I’m not writing these new signings off yet, it took several of the first crop a long time to come good & with the ages they are at they’ll only get better with more experience.

Right now the squads not good enough to stay in the league hopefully it’ll improve enough to stay up but if not is relegation the end of the world? I don’t fear it like I used to 5 or 6 years back.

The 2 trips to Wembley were incredible & going into every game feeling like you’re going to win was great. That season was miles better than all our championship seasons this century.

14. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problem will be keeping hold of them if they do come good. We can't keep writing off a season to rebuild, play well first half of the next season and then have another transitional period and repeat. Otherwise with season passes fans might as well have a season on and a season off.

15. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree but with the length of contracts & our financial strength I’d like to think we wouldn’t make the same mistakes again

16. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think that is the part of “the plan” that is likely to see the most improvement

17. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whats more depressing than Heckys alleged depression are the depressing comments on here which read too much into the interview. How do we know how he was feeling during that 20 minute interview? For those who preach patience then mark your words. For those that don't then try.