That silly terrorist in berlin

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by SuperTyke, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Not me more concerned about Islamophobia than terrorism and the victims of terrorism.

2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair , it's a crime scene , Officers don't just rummage through for a browse for fear of contaminating evidence .

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right that this reflects very badly on the German security services, more so now the fingerprints have confirmed the identity of the driver and embarrassingly for them that he was on their watch list.

I believe the driver wanted to be shot dead but it wasn't planned effeciently enough meaning he had to flee the scene. I think you're spot on about the Germans being extremely unlikely to stage a cover up.

4. Gloria Stitts

Covered up those sex attacks last New Year though didn't they?

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but it didn't stay covered up for long and as I recall I don't think the police were complicit. I don't think there are any parallels with the terrorist attack and I don't believe the police, security services or government would try to cover up any aspect of the recent events. The embarrassing details coming out of Germany support this.

6. budmustang

budmustang Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Volkswagen

7. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Supertyke still believes The Bill was a documentary series.

8. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think trying to make political points out of a situation that no one knows the facts about yet is insensitive & plays into the hands of the terrorists.

I think everyone is totally concerned with the victims & getting justice done.

Germany will have elections & their leaders will be heavily discussing migration, just like we have done for the last few years in the UK.
    To start blaming every terrorist act on migrants just isn't helpful IMO. We have had a lot of right wing inspired terrorists too in recent years.

9. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One of the countries effected by the Arab Spring.

10. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In milan. Shot dead in a shootout with police

11. Gloria Stitts

Every time this happens instead of attacking the terrorists the left attacks the people attacking the terrorists.

And the Muslim community are completely silent and fail to condemn the attack, instead talking about a backlash and Islamophobia, like they're the victims.

Rinse and repeat.

12. John Peachy

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

That simply isn't true. There have been massive anti terrorist marches by Muslims in this country & in Germany.
    Funny that the likes of the Express, Mail & Sun never report on them, but why would they, they sell papers based on
    racial hatred & intolerance.

You are entitled to be whoever you are & I am entitled to be who I am. Everyone on the left and right are opposed to the terrorists.
    I hope they catch this moron alive, so information about the network that has radicalised him can be obtained, which may save future lives.

You're not attacking terrorists, you are implying that all muslims / asylum seekers are terrorists.

13. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jesus. These terrorists are horrible horrible cnuts. No one is saying anything otherwise. No one is attacking anyone for attacking terrorists. Muslims all over the world are condemning terrorists. Muslims and terrorists are not the same thing. Muslims are by far the biggest victims of terrorism in the world.

14. John Peachy

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sadly the lovely person has been killed, so his network will be harder to break down.

Sorry another policeman has been wounded. Sounded like he wasn't going to be taken alive sadly.

Hopefully now he's been identified German & Italian police can get to work finding out the people behind it.

RIP all the dead in this tragic incident.

15. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing is all three of you make valid points about the issues raised regarding islamic fundamentalism and that not all muslims are terrorists.
    However, there is a big issue at hand where members of the religion are on a global scale attacking cultures that do not meet their ideology.
    Depending on your sources of information the german intellegence types have between 4 and 7000 people on their watch lists with around 10% on a constant 24/7 survelleince.
    As i write this post there have been a further attack stopped in germany. Seven arrested in australia and a plane from lybia hijacked.
    How to resolve it and reduce the risk? God knows its a very difficult and very awkqard question to answer.

The current open borders policy and the migrant crisis over the last few years has only inflmed the situation.

The paris attacker, the berlin trucl driver to name but two have been able to travel around mainland europe with impunity.

Proper border restrictions and background checks need to be reintroduced. Although its not going to stop those what are already here it should start stemming the tide of 'new recruits'

After that... i havent a clue. Perhaps look at where the.money is coming from...

16. John Peachy

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Saudi Arabia, who we sell arms to. Our PM slapped down Boris for rightly speaking out against them.

Only way of stopping it is trying to stop the conflict in the Middle East. With Putin & Trump at the helm of the two main powers I'm not holding my breath.

We could have stopped many people from coming over here, but we don't fund our border services properly.

17. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Infact while on the subject of border security id target the rats nests where these extremists live... molenbeek. Tower hamlets etc.

18. Gloria Stitts

Letting a million people into the country and then having to put barriers up around markets and hand out thousands of rape alarms is just beyond stupid and sadly a typical "solution" to the problem they themselves created when having proper border controls and not letting them in in the first place would have been the actual solution.

19. John Peachy

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's christmas.

o-CHRISTMAS-DINNER-facebook.jpg