That's pure class.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been reading a piece on Josh Scowen in one of yesterday's papers thus.
    Respect for your old club is all very well, but when you end your 14 month drought
    by curling in the best goal of your career, surely you're entitled to celebrate.?
    Not if you are Josh Scowen. The momentary elation of scoring a worldie against your
    old club was replaced by a muted celebration-even though he was probably screaming
    inside. QPR midfielder Scowen said " its the best goal I have ever scored- it's just a shame
    it came against Barnsley. I've never scored a goal like that but I have total respect for Barnsley
    so I held my celebrations back and hopefully, they respect me for that.?
    If it had been against any other team in the league, I would still be running round the pitch."
    Says a lot about the lad. Like many , how I wished we had pushed the boat out and found the
    money to put his desire to return South on hold and stay with us for a couple of seasons at least.

2. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    was treated shoddily by us...remember when they gave his number 7 to hammill and he found out on twitter

Donny Red likes this.
  3. ubi

ubique_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been said many times, but we certainly miss him. If we can just find another josh scowen type central midfielder........