The English abroad ...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by **AIRTyke, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Now being reported 300 Russians attacked English fans in the area. 1 fan critical. Another been bottled.

2. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And next World Cup is of course in Russia.

3. Mon

MonkBrettontyke New Member

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    First night of trouble was caused by hundreds of locsl ultras being able to walk the streets of Marseille towards bars undetected by Frances finest and threw objects at the English fans then runnaway undetected whilst Frances finest moved into England fans whether hooligans or not and escalated the trouble.

I'm all for action against hooligans on all sides but the way its dealt with is almost medieval bordering on incompetence.

The authorities know who these criminals are and should be dealing with prevention not honing their skills for trade union unrest.
    This is one of the reasons football hooliganism still thrives by not being dealt with properly by the police,courts,and FAs.
    In France 1998 a French police officer was kicked to death by German hooligans bit was hardly reported on this country .
    While ever we ask our crime prevention agencies to view all fans as hostile the problem will never be solved ,and ordinary fans will have the options of going to matches and risk falling foul of police tactics and cowardly hooligans being allowed to hide among us or not bother going.
    Don't think anybody's come out of these events with any credit IMO and the outcome will be the same.police showing how tough they are with an excuse and cowardly hooligans being allowed to hide and the media get to g the stories they yearn .

5. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know that England has it fair share of idiots, but from what I've seen posted on social media, they are being targeted by other groups.

[video=youtube;tYotY58fhoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYotY58fhoI[/video]

Also reading a guy from London in his 30's has had a cardiac arrest and in a critical conduction after being set upon by 5 Russian hooligans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ans-clash-in-marseilles-ahead-of-euro-2016-g/

6. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I haven't seen much of it but from what I've read it could easily be headlined 'French fans embroiled in fresh clashes' or 'Russian fans embroiled in fresh clashes'.

7. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Another attack on English fans by Marseilles. Utter coward hitting the bloke with the bag who wasn't even involved.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Les marseillais rouent de coups un supporter anglais <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ANGRUS?src=hash">#ANGRUS</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marseille?src=hash">#Marseille</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Euro2016?src=hash">#Euro2016</a> <a href="https://t.co/xdtIUlqY69">pic.twitter.com/xdtIUlqY69</a></p>&mdash; La Provence à l'Euro (@LaProvenceEuro) <a href="https://twitter.com/LaProvenceEuro/status/741671856437121024">June 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

8. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Although well written i got the impression its more about your political musings rather than commenting on tue facts

9. the

theworldwontlisten Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will you now apologise to the England and Northern Ireland fans after they were attacked by French hooligans

10. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    When I said "here" I was referring to European mainland not UK. I actually live in Italy. French 'nowt to do with me.

I think the Brit reputation from recent years IS part of the problem as many people on here have said. Plenty of U-Tube videos showing unprovoked attacks by 'Ultras/Russian fans and French locals who run off when the police arrive and then target the Brits.

It doesn't help when the UK media pre-judge and blame the Brits which is then re-inforced by self serving politicians quick to condemn our own without having all the facts to hand. Saw a sickening video of some poor guy with a shopping bag caught up who was then flattened by a thug in an unprovoked punch to the head. Whoever he was (and I believe he may well have been a Brit) I hope they get him and lock him up for a good stretch. I hope the guy he flattened uis OK (looked like a local bystander), As I said, sickening.

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That bloke with the shopping bag. Why was he standing yards away watching the trouble? I know I wouldn't be

12. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No idea... perhaps he wanted to go that way and was intimidated by the group / tear gas cloud in front of him No idea what was behind him...maybe another group of fans/ police. Nothing to do with the fact he was just standing there when that great fat thug ran up and punched him in the face knocking him unconscious.

13. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was in Ibiza a few years ago, and was told by a Scottish bar owner that the young Italians were far worse than the Brits.

14. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "The" English? Christ.

If you have feelings of self loathing based on the actions of others, of which you have no part of, or no influence on, I'd recommend seeing a therapist.

15. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Presume a nice little spell of community service will shame those French twa'ts

16. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I presume you mean French hooligan two hats ?