The Plan - phase two

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Merde Tete, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I only partially agree. I think phase two has begun as I honestly think the latest crop of signings are further along their development than the last lot and we're offering longer deals. But I do agree that if Stoke come in with a bid of £10m for McGeehan in January he'll leave. I do however think that we're also currently looking for the next McGeehan, in the expectation that bid comes in.

2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope so, rebuilding from scratch every season is such a massive gamble and eventually will more then likely end in relegation sooner rather then later.

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But they have all come from 1-3 levels below the Championship. Can we honestly say Lindsay and Pinnock are more developed than Kpekwa or Jackson were?

4. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky as mentioned this in interviews... that we can't keep selling hole teams.

So id say, to keep Hecky here.. there must be a faze 2 starting now . Im sure Hecky will be the yardstick... If he's happy then he stays. If he goes, then he decides there's no future progression here..

wakeyred likes this.
  5. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Lindsay is, we have a different view about the standard of the SPL. It's opinions and we'll know by December I suppose.

6. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can see where you're coming from - and if we hadn't just got rid of an established Championship quality player to one of our rivals when he was under contract and wanted to stay I'd probably think the same.

I have some sympathy with the thinking behind most recent departures, but this one absolutely stinks. It makes it look like we've decided mid table is our limit.

Gordon Owen and Redstar like this.
  7. wdu

wdu6132 Member

What was the plan when BFC got promoted to prem last time round ?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

8. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's not going to start the season anyway... With the amount of centre-mids we've got ill not be rushed, Give the others a chance to stake a claim

WatfordRed likes this.
  9. ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon

ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think we're moving to that situation. We're basically doing what Southampton are doing on a smaller scale. They sold a load but bought wisely and you can see that they've got themselves into a situation where they don't have to sell anymore and will only do so when silly money is offered. Hopefully we will get to a similar place in the next few seasons. If we can do that and fully re-establish ourselves in this division then there is no reason why we can't use that as a spring board to bigger ambitions.

Red CB, tyrone1, JLWBigLil and 2 others like this.
  10. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well put. I've been comparing us to Southampton myself recently and thought how they must've felt 3 years ago when they lost many top players such as Lallana as well as Pochettino. They must've been feeling like we do now. But they kept buying well and managed to somehow progress even though it seemed impossible. Hopefully we manage to do the same

11. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever you think of the plan and how far you think it can take us, it can only be better than what we were doing in our previous time in the Championship

Merde Tete and Red CB like this.
  12. ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon

ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Good point regarding Pochettino. They've got the structure correct in that a good new coach can come in and hit the ground running. I think they're onto their fourth coach in as many seasons. As loathed as I am to say it but our current manager will one day leave for pastures new. Hopefully that won't be for a couple more seasons but his replacement should be able to come in and use the good young hungry players and continue the good work.

RedAllOver likes this.
  13. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm absolutely. Certain we are, great post

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  14. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Been thinking the exact same, what do we want in the long term? Roberts leaves and the first thing he says in the Birmingham Mail is he left to get promotion, others that have left have said the same. Have we no ambition anymore then? Mawson tweets Scowen to congratulate him on a well deserved move like he's signed for a Premiership team not a sideways step to QPR. Have we ruled ourselves out of ever getting a crack at the top again and thought that we can no longer compete financially so we'll just make the numbers up?

15. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's nothing new. Players have been bemoaning the club's lack of ambition for quite a while under this stewardship.

From 2006:
    "I've really, really enjoyed this couple of years. If the terms were right and we show a bit of ambition, I'd stay.

"I don't want to be in a relegation fight in the first season back, we need some players.

"I'll speak with the chairman, family and friends and make my decision in a couple of weeks.

"We probably need five or six players. We know it's going to be tough, there are some great clubs in the Championship.

"Hopefully the gaffer will get some money to spend. We need some experience."

16. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's nothing new. Players have been bemoaning the club's lack of ambition for quite a while under this stewardship.

From 2006:
    "I've really, really enjoyed this couple of years. If the terms were right and we show a bit of ambition, I'd stay.

"I don't want to be in a relegation fight in the first season back, we need some players.

"I'll speak with the chairman, family and friends and make my decision in a couple of weeks.

"We probably need five or six players. We know it's going to be tough, there are some great clubs in the Championship.

"Hopefully the gaffer will get some money to spend. We need some experience."

17. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But we are now going out and spending good money in players and you're still complaining