The road show moves onto Burton but when will he learn the lessons

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Oct 29, 2017.

1. sit

sitting bull Active Member

While you make a few fair points there has to be a sense of perspective yourself and a few others on the forum bring a degree of negativity and an amateurish view of a professional sport it reminds me of dads on the sideline at there sons boys club game constantly questioning the managers decisions

Metatarsal likes this.
  2. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well you never learn the lesson, so why should anyone else?

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You're right of course, but by the time you lot read my reply on here, my head has already exploded to the extent that rational thought is impossible.

4. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I went and I agree with Fitzy it's easy to draw the wrong conclusions particularly if you have an agenda against the manager or certain players...and I think it shows to a degree in Hemmsy's version.
    The main problems we had were that our midfield pair were out muscled by Bannen and Lee with help from Wallace who spent a lot of time centrally...it left a makeshift back four look vulnerable....fortunately Wednesday don't look as though they've any real pace to capitalise on ball in good positions and often they held on too long and everything stalled ...leaving the main tactic as diagonal crosses in to the box, which unusually we struggled with....personally I thought Yiadom was awful for most of the game, he looked exactly like a player coming back after a long time out, he get better as it went on and made a great goal saving header.
    Overall I thought we posed a threat as soon as we ran at them, although it wasn't our best day as far as decision making in the last third went and there were times particularly just before and after half time when possession was in short supply . Potts coming on helped stiffen our midfield and Izzy and Moncur looked threatening.
    Probably a game that highlighted the problems of Wednesday's old slow big earners and a team of young but fairly lightweight lads with bags of potential...Scowen or Morsy would have been really useful yesterday...and it could be argued that the big target man might have helped at times...but I would say that overall Hecky probably got the changes about right.

Connor and fitzytyke2 like this.
  5. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Yes I agree you look hard enough you can fill every situation with negativity
    One or two positives came out of that game and to be fair I reckon most would have settled for a point before kick off if offered given the past history
    For me this season is all about survival
    circmstances have laid that on our shoulders....
    the nature of the beast that Hecky and his coaching staff have had forced on them will always play apart in team selection tactics.. ect ...
    In my opinion hecky and co are holding their own to some point and most weeks are seeing the team punch above their weight in regards experience and quality.
    Hence I think Hecky should be cut some slack and applauded for the return ratio of points gained so far .... we all know the situation re a striker replacement and the problem it's caused
    all we can do is make it to January and hopefully this situation will be resolved until that happens we need to soldier on and make do
    Most see and realise that young players will be inconsistent and how in turn it effects the overall balance and perperformance of the team and the game in general
    Unfortunately in my opinion Phil is blind to these contributing factors and feels singular individuals are to blame and need taking to task when in fact it's a collective escalation of the said situations we find ourselves in unfortunately.
    Un like Phil most make allowances for our plight hence in my opinion his outbursts are not merited and come about through his passion of wanting the best for his team no matter how misguided he is

tinatyke, Connor and sadbrewer like this.
  6. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You could have stopped right there, given that was the main point you were trying to show to us.

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Worse thing is, he's had all night to mull over yesterday's game, but he still posts in a knee jerk manner, as if he's just left the game.

Rather than taking stock and thinking before he posts, he appears to be making a long list of people to blame and make digs at and ways to shoe horn in how he goes to away games.

He obviously takes the time to make sure he doesn't miss anyone out.

shed131 likes this.
  8. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  9. Toe

ToeNailClippers Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    DusThaNoIII likes this.
  10. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Why do you continue with this weekly character assassination?

11. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Grow up.

12. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Said same about scowen yesterday. Bannan was their standout player for me. He led by example with his energy, willingness and touch. Their midfield followed his lead.

They didn't look half as comfortable when pott's started sending isgrove away down the right. It got them all going back to towards their own goal and they didn't like it.

tinatyke likes this.
  13. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The 'likes of Hemsworth Tyke'...:eek:

andytyke likes this.
  14. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  15. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just cannot understand why Hemsie receives all this collective bullying - especially from the likes of Tatty, who is a known bully - and will jump on any bandwagon that passes him bye.

Hensie has made his views known - and as far as I can see, those are valid points.
    Some of those views I agree with - some I don't - but they are valid views.

Hemsie's contribution is far far more important to this message board than others such as Tatty that have nothing to say except trying to kick someone when he's surrounded by others kicking him.

Play the ball - not the man !!!

16. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So basically you are saying that anyone who disagrees with Hemsies posts are bullies , my word , pathetic

17. Sta

Statto Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ignoring the fact you take constant digs at anyone who’s popular.

Ignoring the fact i’ve been lurking this board for about 10 years and the tone of your post has brought me to make my first contribution. Hi all.

Ignoring the fact that regardless of the performance, result, tactics etc, you already know who you’re going to criticise in your posts.

Ignoring the fact I can’t work out if you’re a bit of a troll or just have a strange perception of football and Barnsley FC.

Ignoring all that...

I actually agree with you about the 442. I’ve watched almost every minute of every game this year (super fan alert) and think we look a lot stronger in a 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 etc. I too don’t understand Hecky’s persistance with 4-4-2, but given what he’s done at the club and all the other things he does brilliantly, i’m willing to give him some slack. At the end of the day he undoubtedly knows more about football management than me and perhaps even yourself.

What i can’t agree with is you claiming that this group of players should be a top 10 side-maybe more. Don’t get me wrong, i think we’ve put together a good talented bunch but we have one of the lowest budgets and lowest average age in the league. The fact that we’ve put together a team that looks decently competitive deserves credit on its own.

Wednesday brought a 10 million pound player off the bench yesterday. To suggest that the only thing holding us back from being top 10 or more is ‘poor tactics’ from Hecky is laughable at best and downright disrespectful at worst.

Genuine questions which I dont expect an answer to, but maybe as i’ve taken the time to write this post and break my 10 year silence you might reply...Do you think Hecky should be sacked? Do you give him any credit for what we’ve achieved in the last few years?

PS. Although i disagree with almost everything you post, i don’t agree with the people who make it personal and call for you to be banned. There’s one post in this thread that is banworthy imo(autism)

18. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Grow up.
    Who do you think you are?
    How dare you brand me a bully?

19. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Nah mate he just likes to single me out as a bully.

20. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree entirely.

A variation on the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation in my opinion better suits the players at PH's disposal, in fact PH eluded to that in his post match interview on Radio Sheffield when discussing replacing Thiam at half time.

Football is a game of opinions and HT's posts are exactly that. If he thinks that X player is poor or Y player is a world beater then fine, that's his opinion.

I certainly don't agree with the vast majority of HT's posts but that being said I also don't tend to share the same opinions as those who constantly lose their heads at HT's musings.

This forum would be a far duller affair if HT was hounded off for playing Devil's Advocate or voicing an unpopular opinion.