The road show moves onto Burton but when will he learn the lessons

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    hi Statto

Do you think Hecky should be sacked? If he underperformes then 100% it's got to happen. The club can not let relegation in whats a weak championship happen at any cost. It's a business decision that Barnsley Football Club can't afford not to take.

I look at Leicester under Claudio Ranieri. Was it right given he had won the premier league title 10 months earlier that he was sacked by the Thai owners? 100% yes for me. They couldn't allow Leicester city to be relegated like we Barnsley football can't. Even the slight thought of it should make the club act.

People talk about Heckingbottom in a very strange way. They let the fact that he was a player at the club and is from the local area cloud their vision. IMO he's just a football head coach and it doesn't matter that he's from Barnsley, Sheffield or Barnsley Gloucestershire. Underperform and things have to change.

Compare say Heckingbottom to Howe then he's done nothing. But do you think the Cherries owners would keep the man that managed them in league two if he showed a wiff on under performance? not a chance.

I've posted this before. You compare Tottenham, Chelsea and arsenal. 10 years. One's kept the same manager. Ones underperformed massively. One's a very succsessful club. blue is the colour football is the game gets played a lot after the big games. we are all familiar with this. One's a very entertaining club and a team I really enjoy watching.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    DusThaNoIII likes this.
  3. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No need for the autism attacks on hemsie.

Autism in its genuine form is not a laughing matter.

However I’m not going to castigate as the lad knows exactly what he’s doing.

If he thinks zeki fryers is a better bet at left back than Yiadom and thinks Ugbo warrants a place over Bradshaw then there’s no hope. The thing is that he doesnt.

As usual his post is an attack on his usual targets. Even this week suggesting the fans were turning on Hecky.

The man is an absolute clown and I’m afraid to say his defender in chief young Nudger isn’t far behind - he defends him solely to side himself with the winder-up in chief and dig people out.

I do agree about 4-4-2 in part to be fair - but anyone who was there for the boro game will know we were being killed with the 4-5-1 (yes we were 2-1 up but we were getting overran) and changing to 4-4-2 gave us an outlet and got us through the game. 4-5-1 seems generally to be our best bet, but won’t always be. Horses for courses.

We will beat Burton on Tuesday I think. And Hecky will be wrong about summat anyway.

4. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

5. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And me. Never ignored anyones posts before as I enjoy the different views. The degree of bias is Hemsy's posts is too much, too predictable and just boring now. Can't be arsed reading the sh**e he posts anymore.....

6. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

So basically you want Hecky sacked and you love the premiership.

7. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suggest you go & watch the blues then , it will make both you & 95 percent of this board happy, win win !

ScubaTyke likes this.
  8. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bit timid for a first post !

Statto likes this.
  9. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've just used the ignore button too, for the first time in 12 years on here. Never ever have I read such disrespectful utter drivel from someone with a clear agenda against those whom most of us call heroes.

I'm uneasy about ignoring, as it now means the overall picture gets distorted by the reduced number of counter arguments. But enough is enough, I'm fed up of getting wound up by his insulting bile.

Redstar likes this.
  10. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Everything was in place for a poor season but we are competing in every game . Hecky is an exceptional coach and is building a team again with limited financial investment could walk intp another job tomorrow.

Connor likes this.
  11. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You forgot to mention " following some outstanding work by Yiadom who held the ball well until the right opportune pass could be made".

sadbrewer likes this.
  12. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    .....skills he learnt following years of watching Ashley Cole at Arsenal and Chelsea.

13. Sta

Statto Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m a huge fan of Hecky. I love that he’s ‘one of our own’ but if i thought he was under performing and not the right man for the job then i’d unfortunately agree that his position has to be questioned.

However, i think this is where a lot of people get confused/angry with your posts and attitude towards him. He’s not underperforming, he just simply isn’t.

He got us promoted from league one. I know you attribute a lot of that success to LJ but fact is Hecky was in charge for enough games for him to deserve credit. Last year we were never in danger of relegation. This year we’re hovering a few places above relegation which is not ideal but we’ve completley reubuilt the squad, played 3 of the current top 4 away from home and had a slice of bad fortune is some games imo.

If you can explain to me how that’s a manager underperforming without irrelevant comparisans to other clubs, i’m all ears.

You’re using an Arsenal vs Chelsea example to try and show that sticking with a manager is a bad idea(i think?). Well we’ve chopped and changed managers for years without success and now we’re in a position of relative strength with imo a great manager and you want to get rid?

Why is he underachieving? What is weak about this championship?

BobT, Chris Lodge, Jimmy viz and 3 others like this.
  14. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Saves me a lot of typing that, agree.

Eddie Howe is indeed a good manager, thought even he'd surely acknowledge the benefit of investment at the levels they had during their promotion push from Maxim Demin and Jeff Mostyn. When they had Kenwyn Jones playing for them he was being paid £37,000 per week.

We've got a poorer side than last season, and I don't mean that as a slant on the players, just a straight comparison. I hope we stick with our head coach, he's working against all the odds for me and yet we still compete in an ever stronger championship. There's a lot of potential, some will come off, others won't reach the level we all want them to. There's evidence that suggests changing your manager has no long term benefit, and I think we're proof of that in the last 15-17 years.

Jimmy viz and Connor like this.
  15. Red

Red Mosquito Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    H.tyk.... I have to laugh at seasoned bbs'ers taking offence at your digs at paul heckingbottom. You've been using the same wind up tactic for years and they never seem to suss it.

Pick someone popular with the masses and rubbish them with ridiculous arguments. It always draws the attention you seem to crave.
    Off the top of my head....
    Luke steele
    Bobby hassle
    Gazza
    Andy yiadom
    Sam winnal
    Mark roberts
    Paul heckingbottom

Any more for any more?

Im just glad you weren't around when redders or King Ronnie were around. I think you would have had a pitch fork carrying mob at your door

Personally I think you'd draw far more attention, if you stuck to your informative and interesting academy and u.23's reports.

16. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With respect I can't see why this very young squad is being criticised so much.
    Surely, it's a work in progress.? Despite losing the core of last seasons team, after thirteen games we have three points
    less than we had at this time last season.!
    Out of those thirteen games this term, eight have been against teams in the top twelve in the league.
    We have lost to Sheffield United (1st) 0-1, Wolves ( 2nd) 1-2, Bristol City (4th) 1-3 all away from home.
    At home we have lost to Villa (6th) 0-3, Ipswich (10th) 1-2 , we beaten Forest (11th) 2-1 and have drawn with Boro (12th) 2-2
    and Away from home we have drawn 1-1 with Preston NE (9th).

I always expected we would be involved in a battle to survive in a mini league with the teams in the bottom twelve in the division. We have played five teams in that category re- QPR (14th) 1-1 at home, Millwall (15th) 3-1 away, Wednesday (16th) 1-1 away, Hull City (17th) 0-1 at home and Sunderland (23) 3-0 at home.

Those results show the following:

Top 12. Played 8 Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 5 For 8 Against 15 Points 5. GD -7

Bot. 12. Played 5 Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 1 For 8 Against 4 Points 8. GD 4

I was listening to Carlos the Meerkat yesterday on Radio Dee Dar and have read his comments in today's paper re-
    " the highlights will show the history of this game. If you look you will see we totally dominated the game.
    We had three clear cut chances to score. They were organised and scored one from their three situations near our goal.
    We fight, we run, we play with a big commitment, we create chances and we didn't give chances to the opponent."

I then looked at the official stats for the game as follows:

Possession. Weds 57%. Reds 43%
    Shots on target. 6. 4
    Shots off target. 10. 4
    Corners. 7. 5
    Fouls. 9. 6
    Offsides. 2. 2
    Yellows. 2. 1

Not being at the game, they seem to tell me a slightly different story. The only important stat as far as I'm concerned
    is at the top of the article re- Sheffield Wednesday 1 v Barnsley 1. A great point in my view.

Statto, Metatarsal and Connor like this.
  17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How on earth do you come to the conclusion that it’s a ‘weak championship?’.

It’s stronger than ever, pundits often referring to it as a premiership 2. Teams coming down with big name players struggling, most of the teams that go up to the prem are comfortably surviving.

Middle of the road clubs like Birmingham are able to take our best player & several of Brentford’s. Bristol spending £5m on one player. It’s tougher than ever. I’d love to hear an argument the other way.

If your referring to Arsenal underperforming? Have they really? You could argue they should’ve won a couple more domestic cups but their budget is a lot less than the big 3, United, City & Chelsea. They’ve regularly lost the best players they have over the past 15 years. They would be overachieving if they were regularly challenging for the premiership & champions league.

Spurs are brilliant at the minute but it’s not going to last unless they break the bank on wages. They’re massively dependent on Kane & if Real come in for him he’ll be off & Spurs will be back to battling with Arsenal & Liverpool if they’re lucky.

The Howe comparison is a strange one as the circumstances are completely different. Howe had a Russian billionaire financing the rise of Bournemouth. Maybe if the Chinese do the same for Hecky it might be a fair one in a few years.

And by been anything other than relegated we’re overachieving. To say otherwise is ridiculous. We’ve lost virtually all our first team in the past 18 months except Davies & Hammill & still we’ve competed with far better teams with far bigger budgets. Most teams fall into crisis when they lose 1 or 2 star players.

It’s not us who let the fact that Hecky is local cloud our judgement it’s you as you have an agenda against anyone who the people of Barnsley like, whether that be Hammill, Hourihane, Yiadom, Heckingbottom etc.

18. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I smiled all the way through reading the OP until I got to "the tricky winger from leicester" then I burst out laughing.

Great entertainment. Thanks! Keep up the good work!

fitzytyke2 and KingBenny92 like this.
  19. Cam

Cambridge Red Well-Known Member

Geek
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Alex Ferguson

Baldrick likes this.
  20. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer