The scale of Hecky's achievement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's no doubt that Hecky's talent at being able to mould a squad capable of competing at
    Championship level is being recognised.
    Under the heading "More frustration for Y'Army; Barnsley latest to plunder points at Carrow Road."
    journalist Gary Gowers who reports on the Canaries games has written the following.

"We are clearly nowhere near close to top-two material, top six is an optimistic shout as things stand,
    but the eight game unbeaten run was sufficient for me to believe there is enough here-even in transitional
    form - to be a competitive Championship outfit.

I'm also unconvinced by the arguement that says we're seeing now the impact of dumbing down the quality
    of the squad. Yes, we have-through necessity-slimmed down the squad in terms of numbers and value, but as
    Barnsley proved yesterday, the Championship is not just about big names, big fees and big wage packets.
    It is possible to produce a side that plays with tempo, verve and desire in this division and not be solely reliant
    on a bottomless pit of cash.
    We tried to gain a proper foothold in the game to no avail and Adam Davies in the Barnsley goal was in truth
    comfortably protected by his back-four for most of the afternoon."

Certainly makes me proud to read comments like that about our team and is testimony to our Coach and
    his staff that after just sixteen games, things like that are being said about us. Well done Hecky and the boys.

2. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Credit too to the system that's picking out these players we're signing. I don't think we've ever had such a high success rate of signed players. Whatever and whoever is doing this is giving the coaching team some very good players to work with.

occook likes this.
  3. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky is doing a great job in producing competitive sides at Championship level on a modest budget. I am not sure what to expect this season think it is a very even League and with a little more ambition off the pitch we could be a play off contender.

4. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with that. Hopefully, we'll never return to those dark days we experienced before Clarkey walked into the club. Next year it'll be the fortieth anniversary of his appointment!

Farnham_Red, Jimmy viz and Stahlrost like this.