The takeover thingy gone very quiet.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tha needs to shut up Badger.
    It might be the most important news in the clubs recent history - but what yer doing is repeating posts on this subject - although you are coming from a different angle on the subject of course - and nowts been posted about this for days - but different angles on a subject don't count - so just shut the foook up.

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know how many members they have in the media team. Media been lose I think theres more members than two. But it's not just them that frustrates me Andy.

3. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Ever heard the sayings...you cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear......you can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink.....would you like your post to be exhibit number 2 lol....the case for the prosecution is building nicely pmsl

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll word it a slightly different way then. IF there are only two would you understand why that means they cannot do the same amount of work as five people at another club?

5. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whitey has said there are only two in the media team , so for two of them they do an excellent job

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People on here are easily offended for me to answer questions Super Tyke. I spent about 30 minutes on the Villa site yesterday and thought to start with the Keith Wyness by Paul Brown knocks anything from the club out of the water that why I thought I'd put it on here. A very smart guy in Mr Wyness wanted clearly to give the fans things to expect from Villa in the medium and long term in football sense.

7. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have no idea what your reasoning for this is but I keep ask g you an extremely simple question with a yes or no answer and you keep evading the question and replying in riddles and making random points. It is clear you are unwilling to answer the question and therefore unwilling to discuss the issues surrounding our clubs communication in a sensible manner so I will leave it there as this is becoming quite tiresome and extremely frustrating.

8. shed131

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I did try to warn you in a roundabout way...welome to HT world......

Sorry Phil but you leave yourself wide open.....dont you understand why many see you more of the problem, rather than the actual problem at hand....yes we are well aware that communication could be better however 2 blokes cant change the fact that theres only 24hrs in a day and they can only do so much. If you are wanting more info on the take over ....its simple...theres nothing to report talks are still ongoing.....hence weve heard nothing more...
    not hard to understand that is it.....unless that is you are being awkward and acting like a spoilt child who wont take no for an answer....
    or its not sinking into that grey matter of yours....which is it buddy.....

9. RastrickRed

RastrickRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i heard from a decent ketchup...deal awaiting League sanctioning it before it made official....that is the norm for most takeovers

Chopwell Red likes this.
  10. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again without upsetting people on here it's hard for me to answer that. By communication, I don't just mean and I'll put names , Adam, Andy Mark and a couple of other poeple connected with the department if they are still at the club. We've a CEO who's profile says he's done communication internal and external. there are others too.

11. Thrappo Tyke

Thrappo Tyke Well-Known Member

Personnel Assistant
    Thrapston, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Ok, so other side of the coin. Are there things that you are happy with at the club? I only seem to read digs and criticisms

12. shed131

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but that CEO will be under the order that he needs to remain quiet until the deal as been completed...imagine you are buying the club and youve shaken hands on the deal agreed the price, but yet to exchanged contracts, the last thing you would want is someone else coming at the last minute and offering more than you which if you had been working on this deal months and had spent a fair few bob along the way, would leave you out of pocket and totally p1ssed off, you too would agree a media blackout just to protect your interests.....that is why the CEO and the club are remaining tight lipped.....on the other hand PC and his legal team will not want anything leaked out incase the buyers change their mind and pull out at the last minute .....hence the blackout on news or new infomation

Extremely Northern likes this.
  13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes. Squad. No excuses for PH. Get them playing and together and they will perform imo. Looking forward to it. Apart from Bristol I've been quite happy with the outlook. I lost it a bit down at Ashton gate.

14. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To my mind it's unfair to compare us with Aston Villa , as they are located in a major city and Barnsley is a market town.
    Their balance sheet as at 31st May 2016, showed that their turnover was £108.8 million which is considerably more than ours. I know someone who has done some Legal work for the Club.

Apparently in their back office alone they have 23 separate departmental managers, some of whom also have staff working for them. Their Digital Editor is Paul Brown who manages their website, Will Radford is Head of Media and Content, Ian Dimmock heads up the IT Department and Tommy Jordan has the responsibility for all Communications.

So not accounting for any staff that work for them, they have double the amount of people involved in media/IT/Website/ and Communications, than we do.

15. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it's about staffing levels. Get a couple of mics. a camera and make an hour for the someone at the club to speak and before the next u23 match ask someone to if they want to ask him questions. There's a few that would I'm sure get some great answers from them.

16. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, that would seem like the most logical situation. I'm not sure how quickly some people expect these deals to be done. Bearing in mind that even a basic property transaction can take a few months to complete, especially if there are some unexpected legal issues which arise, the sale of a multi-million pound business must be an immensely complex deal. Hardly surprising it's not being rushed through. As for @Dragon Tyke , I can't decide whether you're on a wind-up (getting a bit tedious), or you're serious (wibble wibble).

17. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't referring to the op.

18. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surely there's something you can be doing that's more constructive than spending half an hour on Aston Villa's website. Chuff me.

BFC Dave, Redstar, Xerxes and 2 others like this.
  19. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Shhhhh! Stop talking sense will you!

20. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Unfortunately, as soon as you bring in a non contracted outsider and put them on film like that, you start getting into copyright and licensing issues, which are a ******* to sort out.

I had a similar situation when I was working with a small independent documentary maker. He needed some quotes from a well known horror icon, but couldn't get them himself due to other commitments.

We ended up arranging with a bloke in the states who was just a fan of the doco makers work to ask him some questions, and when they were cut into the film, a lawyer got in contact and demanded the bloke was given a(fairly large)percentage share of any money made. It caused the film to be shelved so all the hard work and money went to waste.

Now, I'm not saying that would happen with the club, but to me it wouldn't be worth the risk...