Think what you want about Tommy Robinson .

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Barnsley Loyal, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Mig

Miguel2000 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for ruining one of my most cherished memories of my grandad!!!

Dalestykes and John Peachy like this.
  2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    SOS mate ,
    But there were a few dissenters that the black shirts rounded on at the meeting could be your grandad

Dalestykes and John Peachy like this.
  3. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you like, I’ll say I’m a fan of his. I’m not like but I aim to please

4. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Christianity is *just* still the majority religion in the UK. It is likely to be replaced by Atheism or Agnostism within the next few years. Islam is a long way adrift.

John Peachy likes this.
  5. Ipp

Ippon Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a first class C#NT .... and so are his fan boys !!!!

6. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Hopfully.

Why should schools try and force Christianity on kids? No prayers should be said in schools at all, in my opinion.
    No religion should be treated as more 'important' than any other.
    I'm not against R.E. being taught, but I am against Christianity being taught as fact, or as 'the religion of Britain'

7. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sing if you're glad to be gay.

8. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its so predictable isn’t it? It’s not a race so I’m not racist. Concentrate on the issue rather than the petty stuff like semantics - but like I say, I see it so often it’s predictable. In fact I did predict it in the post.

Being so condescending doesn’t do you many favours either. Pet.

I could give you any one of many sources to counter - this is a decent read though I’m sure you’d argue the Huffington Post is too liberal or something:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8591660/amp

If you describe yourself as an Islamophobe then yes.

What you describe isn’t though - other than saying you dislike the religion as a whole - and again that doesn’t infer any intolerance to those who disagree. There are millions, billions probably of Muslims on the planet, and the majority aren’t twisted to violent tendencies by taking the Quran to the word. In much the same way as a Christian standing in court couldn’t defend themselves against a murder charge quoting an eye for an eye from the bible. The religion itself isn’t the problem and broadly castigating it and all who follow it is not helpful.

Do you have an intrinsic knowledge of the Islamic faith and the various denominations within it? Just to conclude so vehemently that you dislike it suggests a decent level of consideration beyond my knowledge of it.

What I do know is that of the very many British Muslims that I work with currently, I class many as friends, I like most of them, and of the few I dislike or like less, the reasons are absolutely nothing to do with their religious conviction. My colleagues might not represent all of the Muslim community in the U.K. but I will not accept blanket castigation of them because their beliefs are ‘twisted by a religion that encourages the deaths of those who don’t believe in it’ when it is plain that these people aren’t in any way twisted.

9. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

10. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I (for what its worth)think the conversation has gone a bit off track ,I think what Loyal was trying to highlight (as was Tommy Robinson) how Panorama was trying to set a person up and how the journalists concerned don't like the tables to be turned.

shed131 likes this.
  11. Kei

Keith Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I said, I dont dislike anyone for their faith unless that faith causes them to want to hurt me or other innocent people. I get that its a small fraction of Muslims that are following a twisted, manipulated version of the Quran but these people will be well known in their communities and yet noone ever seems to break silence and inform the authorities, infact I believe the Quran states not to.

So no I dont dislike Muslims, I dislike to faith. If someone high up in the Islamic world decided to change certain aspects of the Quran as to help eradicate the problem of terrorism, I.E as my point above, encouraging informing, then I think my view may change a little but I get the feeling, as a lot of people do that we’re the ones expected to change to appease what is basically a warped, blood thirsty medieval book, intent on the deaths of people who dont believe in it.

Funny how people like me, judged as a racist bigot, have absolutely no problem at all with Indians, people of a very similar complexion, from a similar part of the world but have a different, more tolerant faith. Or anyone else for that matter, but because we dont like the Islamic faith for reasons very evident, we’re racist.

Winker likes this.
  12. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Islam is no more to blame for terrorism than Catholic/ Protestant faiths are to blame for the NI conflicts. Or most other "religion"- based conflicts for that matter.

13. Kei

Keith Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the major difference there is that that fighting was between two differing versions of the same religion who wanted separate things. The Quran incites the killing of everybody except the believers in that particular religion.

Personally I’m not religious at all and find killing people over some stupid, make up scripts from thousand of years ago absolutely ridiculous and horrifying.

Tilertoes likes this.
  14. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s the difference though Keith.

You have at least given thoughtful response and insist, and I have no reason to not believe, that you do not have a blanket distaste for all Muslims.

I take issue with you saying you dislike the whole religion - but you are way off the supporters to whom I refer who, on the say so of their self appointed leader, hate all Muslims, and everything to do with them.

You are dangerously close to that viewpoint though as you have decided unreservedly that the problem is the Islamic faith as a whole, when in actual fact the huge majority of Muslims, the huge majority of preachers and Quran reciters, do not sensationalise the ‘blood thirsty’ parts of the text. In fact one of my colleagues has a four week sabbatical during Ramadan every year, as he is a prayer leader and recites the Quran in Arabic. After the last holy month of Ramadan when he returned to work, he told me about the sections he was reciting. They referred to living in a harmonious world and being tolerant of our neighbours, this had been decided with the local Imam to encourage more integration in their local area.

A small minority do concentrate on some of the more barbaric content - and brainwash sections of Islamic society. Some of those people are in the U.K. and a threat to our wellbeing, that is clear. But you can’t call out the whole religion based on a small section of its holy text. The bible has stuff justifying all sorts of violence, rape, stoning, murder, glorifying and justifying it. I don’t know about other faiths but you’d imagine there’s reference in most to similar violence wise.

The KKK in the USA was formed and justified on the back of a particular brand of Protestant Christianity.

All religions should be castigated equally if that is the criteria - but they’re not. Imagine if popular culture dictated that the cause of the kkk and far right extremism in the USA was christianity, so all Christians were attempted to be forced out of the country.

There is nothing wrong with having concerns about religious fanatics with extremist views - I do myself - but being extremist yourself and condemning the whole religion based on texts, which similar apply to other religions, is prejudicial behaviour.

Islam and its texts are no more blood thirsty or violent than most other religions. You can’t conclude Islam as a whole to be the issue any more than you can conclude that if you worked on tv in the seventies and eighties you are a paedophile.

John Peachy, Winker and TitusMagee like this.
  15. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can agree on that

16. Kei

Keith Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My original point was that I dont believe everything that comes out of TR’s mouth, a lot of facts are distorted to back up his points just like a lot of facts are distorted back the other way. I do however think he serves a very good purpose in highlighting problems in society that I believe the government and media dont want the general public to see. The video being widely shared on social media today being a prime example, a group of (from what I can see) mainly asian youths attacking a white boy in Bradford. Now religion shouldnt really come into it because its a disgusting act regardless (and im only putting 2 and 2 together that theyre muslim) but my thoughts straight away were, “If that was a group of white youths on a muslim boy it’d be on ITV News at 6”.

There seems to be an acceptance of this behaviour from the muslim community by the authorities and the media dont seem to have the balls or the go ahead to report on it. You only have to look at the Syrian refugee for the role reversal and how much publicity that got.

We’re slowly being stripped of our rights as a free country, the freedom of speech and free journalism to appease problems brought on us by the mass influx of one particular cult, Islam. I dont have the answers as to why but the evidence is infront of our eyes every single day.

I get that theres good and bad people from every race and faith, they seem to have a disproportionately high volume of bad though compared to others.

Winker likes this.
  17. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great to see how many people are against Racism on here, but i'm also amazed on how many, will clearly rant about nothing to do with the original thread to show how self important they are. Tommy Robinson WHO the fuks Tommy Robinson. C.O.Y.R. see ya all Satdi

18. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I can’t be arsed watching that video. But I have watched some funny stuff featuring Steven, he’s good value in amusement terms. Because whilst he has somehow gained a cult (feel free to swap out the l) following amongst the not so bright, the majority of his arguments can be laughed at by anyone with an ounce of sense.

For every video that he uploads going on about Muslim grooming gangs, he doesn’t upload one when non Muslim folk are done for grooming or other nonce-like crimes. I am yet to see his vitriolic video about the Catholic Church and its nonce issue, for example.

He also refers to places like Bradford (where I live) as ghettos full of Muslims living under shariah law. I swear I’ve been here seven years and seen no evidence of it. Maybe he has, but again, he doesn’t prove it. He just says it. It’s a bit like the right wing news media who put out a completely made-up story to make someone or something look bad (usually Corbyn). They don’t seem to need proof anymore. Look at that silly fool in the White House. He regularly tweets completely non-factual stuff as fact. Then when actual facts are presented, they’re fake news.

The world is a shhit show. The older I get the less inclined I am to give a toss. Therefore I just laugh. Because it would appear that with the choice of Trump as president, the constant voting for Tories over here, with folk choosing to leave the EU, the idiots supporting such as Lennon and Hopkins etc, it would appear the not so bright folk are many in number.

And that’s not funny. But laugh anyway.

19. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Luton's answer to Martin Luther King... well if you're prone to that sort of hyperbole there seem little point trying to correct your miss-interpretation any further. But thank you for enlightening me on what I'm 'pretending' to say, I hope you'll provide similar patronising, presumptuous and wholly inaccurate commentary on my future posts in order to tell the world what I really mean. For the record, you have still miss-interpreted my point and then ran with it to an absurd extremity, but whatever, probably best to get back to the football.

Conan Troutman likes this.
  20. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What you are saying isn't racist & things have changed in society a lot since the 1960's. There are good reasons why we are needing young workers from overseas & trained doctors too. Our population is ageing and the system is not sustainable. Unfortunately the Tommy Robinsons of this world are not interested in nuanced fact, they just like a good old punch up.

BFC Dave likes this.