This fekin debate on ITV...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tarntyke, Jul 9, 2019.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have friends and or family in Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, plus many other non EU countries. And they either dont care or thought we should have left already.

2. BramptonTyke

BramptonTyke Well-Known Member

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bring Blair back.... he did such a good job when he was in charge. No wait brown he was even better. Silly labour b*ggers on here make me smile, you have all seen who labour would put in as PM havent you??? Now he is the really joke of politics!

cudeth red and Trickster Two Six like this.
  3. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

They’re going for Stendel’s job?

arabian_ian likes this.
  4. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why would people watch that..?
    And what were you expecting.?

ScubaTyke likes this.
  5. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watchin these 2 fills ya with hope that Corbyn can finally rid us of this inept set of tossers but as usual with labour just as the lights at the end of the tunnel 3 labour members decide this is the time to risign over the jewish argument and hand the corrupt tory media the opportunity to deflect from the utter trash that is in power at present.....cant get mi breath..

YTBFC, Mr C, Donny-Red and 1 other person like this.
  6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe I'm naive but I continue to be bemused by this supposed widespread anti semitism in the Labour party.
    Why is it just prevalent within Labour?
    I've come across plenty of racists in my time, mostly of the casual variety. I can't recall ever having known an anti semite.

OxRed, YTBFC, JamDrop and 2 others like this.
  7. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Tories have done a fantastic job haven’t they? Bet you can’t wait for Boris to give the rich another tax- cut whilst most of the Country still suffer from Austerity. Do you smile at that as well?

8. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some are accused of being anti-Semitic for criticizing Israel, some are anti-Semitic. Same with the Tories with Islamophobia - only that is covered up a little better.

upthecolliers likes this.
  9. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get the first part and it irritates me no end. I'm assuming there must be an element of the second otherwise this would be a falsity that would surely have been debunked ages ago. If there is an element of the second I'd like to see some hard facts (I'm not denying they may exist) as I just find the whole idea of anti Semitism as inexplicable as any other form of racism. I know it has obviously existed in the past but with the revelation of what the Nazis perpetrated I'd assumed that, other than a few total nutjobs, it had been eradicated.

10. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just can't fathom why anyone who held these beliefs in mainstream politics would be daft enough to reveal them. Hence be deemed an anti semite. If I were going into politics I would make sure there weren't any skeleton's in my cupboard too. It's amazing when things start to go well how misdemeanours are unearthed from ones past.

churtonred likes this.
  11. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  12. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ye..lets have Boris hermm herrm herrm (think off an answer that won't f**k it up) Johnson...Sadly agree with Hunt, Boris tells you a joke then ya forget wot you asked...as for Hunt, rhyming slang..already been done by one reporter …
    But my criticism of labour stands as I said...just when there's a light lets get the gun out and shoot our own foot...I have in the past been lambasted on here for saying Corbyn allows himself to be shot at by whats said and done in his party ..meanwhile as said by Scoff, Isamaphobia is levelled at the Tories but they keep accusations under wraps and sing from the same hymn sheet.

13. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Didnt watch it - as I am in the 99.8% of the country who hasnt a vote it seemed a bit pointless - but even if I did have a vote I would be stuck how do you pick between 2 self centred career politicians who only care for personal ambition and dont give a **** about the country.

In any case it will be Boris who wins I am beyond despair and just in the hopeless resignation phase. Its hard to think of anyone less suited to handle the current crisis the UK has got itself into - well apart from those colleagues of these 2 who have lied and lied to get us here in the first place.

This isnt about Brexit by the way - its about the way a group of right wing rich people have used that as a tool to effectively stage a coup.

How do you reconcile taking back control with attempting to force through a policy which is bad for the majority of the country hasn't the support of parliament or the electorate. and Boris being prepared to even suspend parliament to force it through.

They are attempting to undermine the civil service - latest leaks on our US ambassador for example and talking about getting rid of EU supporting civil servants as if they are the problem - when most civil servants just do the job as best they can given and impossible and contradictory set of instructions

They are undermining the courts.

Even last week some tories were claiming that the state shouldnt be funding 5 full days education to the poor working class (OK I paraphrased it a bit)

And the worst of it all is there is nothing that most of us can do about it

I dont want to live in a country run by the likes of Boris Farage and Rees Mogg bankroled by Banks and using the right wing press to spread propaganda whilst the country moves to an america lite with a larger gap between the rich and poor and things like education and health care being heavily tilted towards those who can affort to pay a lot for it. But I fear I am going to have little choice

Old Goat, JamDrop and ScubaTyke like this.
  14. Vesp77

Vesp77 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'd have Blair back in a heartbeat.

15. Kettlewell

Kettlewell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is what I have saying to people for the last 3 years, nice to see someone else doing it. Problem is that the UK is going to suffer due to the behaviour of a minority.I just hope the British remember who was responsible, including the electorate, they are the ones who put this incompetent team in power and kept them there. They are equally to blame for the problems we have.

Skinner likes this.
  16. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't normally comment on the political threads but jeez how can this buffoon be Prime Minister.

Watching him against Andrew Neil is toe-curling, Laa Laa off the Teletubbies could have put up a better set of answers than him.

The feckin One Show would have had more intellectual content than Boris...…..

(The other one was just as bad too).

17. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was voting for the next Tory leader that interview with Andrew Neil would have damaged Boris beyond repair. He was utterly hopeless and out of his depth - trying to use comedy and childish comments to hide his inadequacies; going off on tangents to avoid questions and waffling to try and run the clock down.

18. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bojo the Clown v Mr Bean, and only Magic Grandpa waiting in the wings? FFS!

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    He really isn't. He's well respected by most for whom politics is a real passion. That's not to say everyone with such depth of interest and knowledge agree with him. Some vehemently oppose him. But he's miles away from a laughing stock to them, he's an astute politician with different ideals. Regurgitating right wing propaganda repeated ad infinitum in dumbed down rags owned by the Murdoch corporation doesn't make your point valid, and your smug tone just makes you look naive and easily influenced. Another pawn. Just FYI.

20. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really do now hope that Boris gets in as I believe he will truly unite the country......against him and the Tory party and they will never get the power they crave ever again !

JamDrop, Mr C and Kettlewell like this.